Update on Chad Trade Options

Spor_tees

If the Bengals were to trade Chad, is there any player out there that could be available that you would trade Chad for? The reason I bring hit up is I was watching NFL Live and they said something about Dallas's RB's. They have Barber, Felix Jones, and Tayshard Choice.

Well, Chad has said in the past how he would like to play for the Cowboys, so I thought what a better trade than to pick up Tayshard Choice from the Cowboys along with a draft pick? Say the Bengals package their extra third with Chad and get Choice along with the Cowboys second rounder, and a pick next year? I am sure they could work something out. Maybe even a three way trade with another team.

What trade would you make?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bengals were to trade Chad, is there any player out there that could be available that you would trade Chad for? The reason I bring hit up is I was watching NFL Live and they said something about Dallas's RB's. They have Barber, Felix Jones, and Tayshard Choice.

Well, Chad has said in the past how he would like to play for the Cowboys, so I thought what a better trade than to pick up Tayshard Choice from the Cowboys along with a draft pick? Say the Bengals package their extra third with Chad and get Choice along with the Cowboys second rounder, and a pick next year? I am sure they could work something out. Maybe even a three way trade with another team.

What trade would you make?

I mentioned trading for Choice a while back. He was a 4th last season, so why not trade a 3rd, 6th and maybe a conditional pick in '10. I think it would get the deal done and you'd get to keep Chad.

Mathias Kiwanuka from the Giants

They are loaded with pass rushers and need a top receiver. We need some pass rush, plus Kiwanuka has experience playing linebacker in a 4-3 and Marvin is still looking for his new Peter Boulware.

I'd love it, but it looks like Plax is going to be back, so I'm not sure how much interest they would have in Chad. I would think the 4.865 million dollar cap hit would be too pricey for the Bengals to trade pr release Chad and Marvin has surprisingly gone on record in saying that they need to find more ways to get him the ball in '09.

As much as I've made it be known that I wouldn't have ANY issue whatsoever moving on without Chad and don't really care about the argument of what we would get in return, he's going to be a part of this team for the foreseeable future. If he does the things he needs to do to get himself ready for the season and is a part of winning, I'm happy. I just think the days of the Chad that slept at the clubhouse are long gone.

I miss that guy...

As much as I've made it be known that I wouldn't have ANY issue whatsoever moving on without Chad and don't really care about the argument of what we would get in return, he's going to be a part of this team for the foreseeable future. If he does the things he needs to do to get himself ready for the season and is a part of winning, I'm happy. I just think the days of the Chad that slept at the clubhouse are long gone.

I miss that guy...

If he's smart, he goes back to doing all of the little things that made him one of the best, in preparation for his last shot at a big contractural deal (assuming he's traded or released after the season). His stock is at an all-time low right now, especially coming off of a career-low season at age 31. T.J. and Coles both proved anything, they proved they thirty-something receivers can still command large contracts on the open market. I'm encouraged by the fact that Chad has done and said all of the right things from the mid-point of last season until now, and I expect a rebound year from him. He has to realize that the window to his career is closing and he needs to prove to the rest of the NFL, if not the Bengals, that he still has it.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/04/...rade-o-block-o/

Another update on the possibilities of Chad being dealt...

Ochocinco On The Trade-o Block-o?

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports recently set forth a list of players who should be traded before the draft.

The second guy on the roster is Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco, and Cole points out that there are rumors the Bengals might be ready to move him.

Specifically, Cole cites two sources who say that owner Mike Brown would be willing to trade Ochocinco, but also cites two other sources who say that Brown won't pull the trigger.

Cole reports that, while Ochocinco hasn't been clamoring publicly for a trade this year, he still wants out. (In February, Ochocinco was named, with his given name, in an e-mail that agent Drew Rosenhaus sent to all teams regarding clients who could be acquired via trade.)

Also, Ochocinco is boycotting offseason workouts again, and he didn't undergo surgery to repair a shoulder injury, against the wishes of the team.

Here's the kicker — one source said that quarterback Carson Palmer has been informed that Ochocinco could be moved before the draft.

That news gives some added zip to this recent comment from Palmer, regarding Ochocinco's decision to stay away from offseason workouts.

"I'm not worried about him, I'm worried about the guys we have here," Palmer said.

So if the Bengals decide to move Ochocinco, where will he go?

The Giants are the most obvious option, but their experience with Plaxico Burress and Drew Rosenhaus might cause them to shy away from another Rosenhaus pass-catching client.

The Redskins reportedly were willing to give up as much as two first-round picks last year for Ochocinco. But that was before they picked, at last count, thirteen receivers in the 2008 draft.

The Dolphins could be interested . . . if V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells were to resign in the near term. Our guess is that, in the Tuna's mind, "C.O." is a bit too close to T.O.

The Jets need a replacement for Laveranues Coles, but it's more important to get a quarterback first.

The Bears have solved the quarterback problem, and still need someone to catch footballs.

The Browns could bring Ochocinco to town as the replacement for Braylon Edwards, but coach Eric Mangini doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who'd want to deal with the emotional Ochocinco, and vice-versa.

The Ravens would be intriguing, since they need a receiver, and since they play the Bengals twice per year.

The Titans and Jaguars in the AFC South are wrestling for Torry Holt — so presumably they'd at least ponder the possibility of getting Ochocinco.

The Raiders will surely be linked to Ochocinco, since they're linked to any talented-but-malcontented wideout.

Eagles fans would push hard for a trade, since they pretty much push for any trade involving a starting receiver.

The Vikings pursued T.J. Houshmandzadeh; but, again, the whole C.O./T.O. thing might be a turnoff for head coach Brad Childress, who was in Philly for the Owens ugliness.

The Bucs have cap room to burn, but they have needs at too many other positions, and nearly $9.5 million tied up in Antonio Bryant.

The 49ers could use an upgrade at the position, and if coach Mike Singletary thought he could reach T.O., Singletary surely believes he could get through to Ochocinco.

So that's pretty much it, as we see it. And regardless of his destination, we're fairly confident it won't be a package that could end up being worth two first-round picks.

a quick search tells me that bleacherreport is the only website/source claiming this, so i'd call BS for now. plus, don't we have Benson as are feature back? or would be switch to RBBC with benson and bush?

Here's an article from today claiming that Chad is being traded to Oakland for their 2nd round pick and Michael Bush. This is probably BS, though I'd be fine with that deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/150469-...de-michael-bush

If true look for Crabtree to be the Bengals pick at #6. Then in the second they will probably hope for Lauranitis to fall and also get the best remaining center in the draft.

I know I posted a thread saying how confident I was in the Bengal's WR corp even without Chad, BUT I am not Mike Brown, and if a guy like Crabtree falls to #6 I don't see him passing on the pick.

Bush would come in and fill the role that Chris Perry was supposed to hold 3 years ago. it has been a full 2 years since Bush's surgery and he should be back to 100%.

One thing to look for, if the Bengals do pull off this trade and are going to take Crabtree in the first instead of a OT, look for them to sign George Foster for sure. I mean what better fit can it be to have George Foster back in Cincy?

even if they trade him they do not need to draft crabtree or maclin. i am guessing that article is wrong cuz it hasn't hit espn or bengals.com yet.

even if they trade him they do not need to draft crabtree or maclin. i am guessing that article is wrong cuz it hasn't hit espn or bengals.com yet.

Article says it isn't supposed to go through until Monday..and you should know by now Bengals.com is the LAST place anything about trades shows up on.

Here's an article from today claiming that Chad is being traded to Oakland for their 2nd round pick and Michael Bush. This is probably BS, though I'd be fine with that deal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/150469-...de-michael-bush

Is it my birthday? More like an unfunny April fools joke. I'd take this deal in a second. Benson and Bush would be a great RB tandem... and having the 38th and 40th picks would all but ensure a C of the future with a high quality defender to boot.

If it's true... I'll be wearing a big fat smile.

Chad wont pass a physical, he's got a torn labrum that he didnt get fixed

I know that I torn my rotator cuff last year and I was told that I wouldn't require surgery. Their are three tendons that attach the shoulder to the rest of you body and I think he tore one of those three. I have some weakness in it, but for the most part it doesn't affect me. It took like eight months for it to come back, but it did get back to normal. So I am not so sure he needs surgery!

I still say with or without Chad, we are not forced into taking a WR in the 1st. I still think you have to do what you know is going to ultimately win you games and that is protect Carson. Getting Bush would free up our draft in regards to having to get another RB. Hope it's true. Trading down in the first adding another pick would be AWESOME !!!