Glen Holt is now a Viking

TJJackson

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/...iD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

I know this news is like 12 or more hours old, but when I noted no one had opened a topic, so what the hey

Yeah, imagine THAT let down in Minnesota when it's announced the Vikes sign a WR named Holt and it ain't Torry.

Oh my if I was a Vikings fan and heard the news we signed Holt, then later found out it was Glen Holt instead of Torry Holt, I would probably by a ceremonial samurai sword and gutted myself.

Marvin Lewis in the new article on bengals.com even basically said hes not sad to see him go as there is an upgrade with Caldwell and Simpson over him.

He played well on Special Teams. good luck to him.

Marvin Lewis in the new article on bengals.com even basically said hes not sad to see him go as there is an upgrade with Caldwell and Simpson over him.

He played well on Special Teams. good luck to him.

I also agree with Marvin and the other NFL personnel people that say we upgraded by replacing TJ with Coles.

FWIW, my nickname for Holt was "Yard Sale"....mostly due to his habit of discarding clothing, equipment, and the occasional football after a hard hit.

Yeah, I was surprised there was a market for a return guy that drops footballs like a slot machine drops quarter.

And his fumbles always came at the worst time.

One thing is for sure, Holt's one tough cookie. I can't remember a Bengals receiver that took the kind of shots he has, consistently. I was a fan until the fumble monster reared its ugly head. I'm encouraged by the fact that Marvin believes we've "upgraded" the WR position, although we lost two receivers, including one of the best Bengals WR's ever, and only signed one. I think it says a lot about the potential of both Caldwell and Simpson and it's interesting to note he didn't mention a seemingly more focused Chris Henry in the evaluation.

Just more reasons we won't see the Crab, and I'm perfectly OK with that.

• 5 months later...

FWIW, my nickname for Holt was "Yard Sale"....mostly due to his habit of discarding clothing, equipment, and the occasional football after a hard hit.

Funny stuff.

But should I worry about how I don't remember writing it?

You were over at WhurChadAt's house, remember, and he made pizza, and shook that baggie of oregano on it.......

Things just get better and better for Glenn...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/lions-claim-glenn-holt/

:lol:

It's better than being unemployed.

The Lions claimed him had you clicked the link :o

Not quite sure where I lost you, so I'll explain in greater detail. Being claimed by the Lions is better than being unemployed.