TJ staying for cheaper? **EDIT**

Clackwoods

too bad for TJ that if he wants the money he is asking for hes going to go to a bad team similar to the Bengals that has a small shot at the playoffs. He will definately have his numbers tail off with a worse QB and different system.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet he signs somewhere else just because of the things he said while leaving town, he was trying to prostitute himself to the Eagles who said no thank you like he had canker sores on his lips, and no other team seems to really want a 32 year old possesion WR...I was once told that you should never burn your bridges, you never know when you may have to come back and cross over it...

I read earlier that he went to the Eagles and told them that he'd take less money than he was offered in Cincinnati this offseason. The Eagles found out that the number that he asked for from Philly, in terms of being less than our offer, was actually MORE and ended negotiations. What a dumb move, if it's true.

It looks like it might be down to Cincinnati and Minny. I don't see the Vikings giving a huge offer to T.J., after signing Bernard Berrian just last year to a 7-year, 42 million dollar deal. They also have a couple of young guys they like in Sidney Rice and Aundre Allison. Cincinnati's offer has to at least be more than the 3.4 million he made last season, but I don't think he'll get the 8 million he wanted, in T.J. talking openly about the money Roy Williams got from Dallas. With more FA receivers signing today, his options are getting awfully thin. I would sign him 3 years, 11-12 million dollars max, if I were the Bengals. That would be manageable.

it sucks for tj's bank account, but i can't help but think this is kind of funny.

You'd have to think the offer had to be from Cincinnati, if he didn't get a higher offer from Seattle (which he would've taken, of course)

From CBSSports.com:

According to Derrick Gunn on Comcast SportsNet, the Eagles didn't react kindly to an effort by Houshmandzadeh to dupe the team into thinking that he was offering Philly a discount. After checking around, the Eagles reportedly learned that Houshmandzadeh's agent was actually asking for more money from the Eagles than from other teams.

Per Gunn, the Eagles previously had little interest in Houshmandzadeh. The alleged bait-and-switch routine ensured that the Eagles won't make a play for him.

This topic has gotten over 1200 views, that is ridiculous. I think it is becoming more likely that TJ stays, but I just hope they don't overpay for an older receiver. I wouldn't mind seeing him return, but it better not average over 6 million a season.

We have to remember that if he makes more than Chad then their is going to be all kinds of problems around here, we will trade Chad if we sign TJ!

Lions second 1st rounder anyone? I know they signed Bryant, but Chad could be their number 2 with Bryant as their number 3 like he was in AZ!

Does T.J. have more visits planned or is his agent up to more shenanigans?

From TSN:

HOUSHMANDZADEH PLANS MORE VISITS?

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal :

Saturday, February 28, 2009 8:22 PM

T.J. Houshmandzadeh is spending Saturday night visiting the Vikings, but he plans to keep his free agent tour rolling Sunday.

Adam Schefter reported on NFL Network's Total Access that Housh plans to visit the Bucs Sunday. ESPN's Michael Smith, in a report scrolling across ESPN's bottom line, says that Houshmandzadeh will visit the Bucs and Eagles.

Philly's involvement would be quite surprising considering previous developments from Houshmandzadeh's wild weekend.

Whether the possession receiver takes those trips remains to be seen. Schefter's NFL Network colleague Steve Wyche reported that the Vikings planned to do everything possible to close a deal before Housh left town.

Houshmandzadeh previously said he would make a decision by Sunday night. If that is still the case, Houshmandzadeh may be the only person who had a more hectic weekend than Florio.

UPDATE: Within 30 minutes of both national reports going out, the Tampa Tribune says Houshmandzadeh isn't visiting there. More misinformation coming from Housh's camp?

Misinformation huh ?? Maybe they are hoping they can get the Bengals to up their offer since they aren't getting much attention.

Smoke and mirrors...

I thought TJ would get something bigger than what the Bengals could offer. Color me suprised. Guess I was wrong about that one...

Such is life.

Oh yeah, put me in the camp that would be very happy to sign TJ and then trade Chad for anything.

Trade Chad Resign TJ....sounds good to me :o

If Caldwell won the starting job over Simpson and Henry in that situation, we would finally have two starting WR's that are great run blockers.

On a side note, it looks like we threw a ridiculous amount of money and it wasn't enough.

Per rotoworld.com

The Bengals' outstanding offer to free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh is reportedly worth more than Plaxico Burress' contract.

Burress' deal pays $35M over five years with $11M guaranteed. The Bengals are willing to make Houshmandzadeh richer than Chad Ocho Cinco. It isn't hard to envision Ocho reiterating his desire for a raise if Housh re-signs.

Trade Chad Resign TJ....sounds good to me :o

If Caldwell won the starting job over Simpson and Henry in that situation, we would finally have two starting WR's that are great run blockers.

On a side note, it looks like we threw a ridiculous amount of money and it wasn't enough.

Per rotoworld.com

The Bengals' outstanding offer to free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh is reportedly worth more than Plaxico Burress' contract.

Burress' deal pays $35M over five years with $11M guaranteed. The Bengals are willing to make Houshmandzadeh richer than Chad Ocho Cinco. It isn't hard to envision Ocho reiterating his desire for a raise if Housh re-signs.

The bonus is if we are able to retain T.J., we would almost have to trade Chad. I still think we could get a high 2nd at least. Two picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, possibly, would allow us to fill some holes.

I'm very surprised that the Bengals threw that much cash at T.J. Didn't he get something like 4 years and 16 million last time he was a FA?

I'm very surprised that the Bengals threw that much cash at T.J. Didn't he get something like 4 years and 16 million last time he was a FA?

He had one decent year and took less money to play for Cinci,Hence why he wants his pay day this time around...

Reading a vikings forum they are so bent on getting him and they believe it's not about the money but playing for a contender...

Thats why he was talking with Seattle & trying drive up his price with the eagles " :rolleyes:

He had one decent year and took less money to play for Cinci,Hence why he wants his pay day this time around...

Reading a vikings forum they are so bent on getting him and they believe it's not about the money but playing for a contender...

Thats why he was talking with Seattle & trying drive up his price with the eagles " :rolleyes:

It's about the money, His first visit was to the Seahawks, who had one of the 3 or 4 worst records in football last year. I have a friend who is a Vikings fan that believes T.J. will lead them to a Championship as a "veteran leader".

Probably wants to see if the Vikings will match.

It's about the money, His first visit was to the Seahawks, who had one of the 3 or 4 worst records in football last year. I have a friend who is a Vikings fan that believes T.J. will lead them to a Championship as a "veteran leader".

Viking fans said Seahawks are a talented team and will contend for the division...It's like um NFC WEST not like it's that hard to contend in...