Hoosier's No-OT Bengals Mock

HoosierCat

Just for the hell of it...

1. B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College - fan b*tching stops after Raji's presence in the middle enable double-digit sack seasons for Geathers and Odom.

2. Rashad Jennings, RB, Liberty - buh-bye Chris Perry.

3. Eric Wood, C, Louisville - keepin' with the Senior Bowl theme.

4. Trevor Canfield, G, Cincinnati - slips because of character questions, but not past Mike the Redeemer.

5. Brannan Southerland, FB, Georgia - Bengals must draft at least 1 Bulldog per year.

6. Mike Wallace, WR/KR, Ole Miss - buh-bye Glenn Holt.

7. Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati - first punter to lead his team in jersey sales.

Wow, just wow... I was going the same way but thinking Jennings could be had later and if we want Huber it may have to be earlier than the 7th. However, that will go back and forth before and during the combine. I like the Southerland and Canfield pick as well. Maybe a RT with the comp 4th we will probably get...

Seeing as how I think the DT position is going to be addressed, do you wait until later and get Raji's teammate in Brace or do you go ahead and pull the trigger on the best DT in the draft ?? This actually wouldn't suprise me in the least. If they line of thought is that Odom benefitted from having Haynesworth, wouldn't it be smart to get someone as close to that as possible to improve both positions at the same time and the overall production of the D-line ??

Take your chances with Levi and Collins at LT and get another RT later on...

Well it was different..So if this draft happened who do think would be manning tackles? Levi-Collins? Collins-Whit or? just wondering

Yeah, I just thought, let's assume the Bengals go into the draft thinking that they can get two tackles out of some combo Levi+Whit+Collins. Which isn't that nuts. It really comes down to whether Levi is healthy. If so I think Collins can handle RT.

The Canfield pick assumes they aren't comfortable with Livings, if they are that would be a good spot for a pass-rush DE or LB type or nickel corner prospect. If the latter and if he can return kicks then something different probably happens at 6.

Jennings might be there in the third. Right now his stock seems to have bumped up a bit. Still a reach but maybe half a round. In fact originally I had them taking Unger 2nd and Jennings in the third but in the end I wasn't convinced either player would be there.

Yeah, Huber is probably gone by 7, but I can dream, can't I?

Yes, you can dream and if Huber was sitting there in the 7th, the Bengals (or any team for that matter) would be insane to pass up on him. He's just to good to chance leaving him to pick where he wants to go as an undrafted free agent, because minus the hometown appeal, I could think of better teams to play for...

FWIW, Raji was my pick at #6 in my new mock, so very nice !!!

I liked the title far better than the mock.

Note: I have not so fond memories of myself, long-haired and breadstick thin, being pulled over by John Law while on one of many countless trips to Columbus. For about twenty minutes I sat paitently in my 69 Camaro waiting for Mr. Law to finish with the ticket he was writing. All the while I stared blankly at a billboard proclaiming Huber Heights as "America's largest community of all-brick homes."

Good times.

Got to have a OT high, no later than r3 (this is assuming we take a front seven defender r1 and an OC r2)

Collins and Roland did well but against inferior competition.....they are not proven commodities

Jones will be gone as soon as his contract ends, and he has become brittle/unreliable.

Stacey is gone. He will not be ready in 2009 even if he does sign here, which is also doubtful.