Will the Bengals trade Chad?

walzav29

I seriously see this going in all the direction I DON'T want to see it go. They will let TJ walk instead of signing him long term or tagging him to give the youngsters anouther year. All the while they will bring back Chad who has been a pain in the ass. I guess there are worse things than bringing Chad back, I just don't want to see it. Get what you can for him and build through the draft. I would love nothing more than to trade him and then trade down in the first and end up with about 4 picks in the first two rounds.

I seriously see this going in all the direction I DON'T want to see it go. They will let TJ walk instead of signing him long term or tagging him to give the youngsters anouther year. All the while they will bring back Chad who has been a pain in the ass. I guess there are worse things than bringing Chad back, I just don't want to see it. Get what you can for him and build through the draft. I would love nothing more than to trade him and then trade down in the first and end up with about 4 picks in the first two rounds.

We say that now, but what happens if he comes back and gets another 1400 yard season. Then we won't be saying anything. Also, I think we could still get a first round pick out of him especially considering what the Lions got for Roy Williams who has never put numbers even close to what Chad has done.

We say that now, but what happens if he comes back and gets another 1400 yard season. Then we won't be saying anything. Also, I think we could still get a first round pick out of him especially considering what the Lions got for Roy Williams who has never put numbers even close to what Chad has done.

Yeah but Jerrah! has already shat the bed with Roy Williams and the only other mongospackerhead who would be willing to flush a substantial part of his team's short-to-medium future away on a and even older WR with personality issues gave us that chance last yr. Mikey declined.

One problem with trading Chad this year is the looming uncapped year in 2010. As it stands now, deals struck in '09 can only be prorated out 5 years. And trades are usually accompanied by new big-bucks contracts, which that restriction will make it tough for any team without a boatload of cap space to do.

One problem with trading Chad this year is the looming uncapped year in 2010. As it stands now, deals struck in '09 can only be prorated out 5 years. And trades are usually accompanied by new big-bucks contracts, which that restriction will make it tough for any team without a boatload of cap space to do.

With the uncapped year next year, why would any team want any more contracts to sign this year? I'd think teams would shy away from signing anyone if they could. Goes for trading down in the draft to get more picks. Goes for doing deals with guys like TJ too. Certainly goes for guys with years left on their deals like Chad. I expect teams will use the franchise tag with gusto this year, rather than sign new deals....too bad for TJ.

Man... can you imagine the Mike Brown Bengals in an UNCAPPED year?

Yikes.

Even if 2010 ends up uncapped, it's still a CBA year and there are numerous cutouts for ownership (extra tags, can't sign more than you lose-type rules, etc.) so I suspect it would be rather anticlimactic if it ever happens (which I doubt).

As to the salary cap itself, I've long maintained that the Bengals, and the majority of the rest of the teams in the league, would be better off without it. But that will never happen either, unless the players are really stupid.

Will they trade Chad? How can anyone predict what this franchise will do in regards to Chad? The profound stupidity they displayed last year by turning down those two picks from Washington dictates that any attempt to use logic or reason to predict their behavior regarding Chad is pointless. Logic and reason have nothing to do with it. Other teams (Pittsburgh) employ a Money Ball strategy. Some use a tried and true formula (Parcells) that values work ethic and maturity over everything.

I can't really tell what theory the Bengals use.

My best guess would be the chaos theory. A dart board may also have a prominent role in the operations down at PBS.

Chad isn't going anywhere. Nobody wants him. He didn't produce last year and caused all those problems in the offseason. It'd be a different story if he actually played and put some numbers up. I want to see TJ back in stripes but am affraid that it won't happen. The Bengals are known for not signing guys who perform. Got rid of Spikes, got rid of Dillon (who was a pain but still performed), Willie is still performing...

Do I think Chad will leave ?? No I don't, but I think he could if a team really wanted him bad enough. I think many teams will allow for the lack of production based upon Nutzpatrick's ability or lack thereof. TJ thrived due to his ability to get open on the short routes and then doing a little something afterwards. Chad tends to work mostly downfield and that is where Carson does some of his best work. Carson's accuracy and ability to throw the long ball play into Chad very nicely. Fitz just isn't there. Once again, I think many teams will be able to figure that out and realize it isn't strictly based on what Chad did or didn't do.

A couple bigger questions with Chad are the problems that go with getting rid of him does to the cap number this year since we can't spread it out and have to take it all this year. That and what is the current status with his shoulder ?? I haven't heard anything about it. I know he was wearing a harness and then wasn't wearing it. I'm left wondering if there isn't an off season shoulder surgery in line for him.

That and what is the current status with his shoulder ?? I haven't heard anything about it. I know he was wearing a harness and then wasn't wearing it. I'm left wondering if there isn't an off season shoulder surgery in line for him.

Well, who knows what the truth is when dealing with THAT guy? But in one of his seemingly more lucid moments Chad downplayed all of his minor dings and implied no surgery was being considered beyond a possible "cleanout" procedure.

That said, if it does happen I'd expect him to put off the surgery until week 1 of the regular season. <_<

Put me in the camp of getting absolutely nothing for Chad is not in the best interest of the team. You've got nothing but unproven talent behind him, have to absorb the cap hit this year, and with Carson back healthy has to be accounted for when he's on the field regardless of what happened last year with Fitz... I just can't see that happening.