UK Bengal

TJ should we or shouldn't we  

12 members have voted

1. 1. TJ should we or shouldn't we

• Sign him long term
    • Franchise and keep trying to work out a deal
    • Franchise and let him walk next season
    • Let him go

This is the question I would like to know what bengaldom thinks we should do.

Should we resign TJ or let him walk ?

Personally I think we should let him walk hes 32 this coming season maybe 2 good high productive years left depending on a genuine #1 oposite him as there is no way hes a No 1 and he wont be able to beat double coverage as seen in a few games this season. I dont think its worth throwing big bucks to a guy coming to the end of his career just look at indi with harrison hes due 10mil and has done nothing over the last 2 seasons.

we would be better off pursuing big D free agents or a younger WR let TJ get paid elsewhere.

Unless and i dont think u can do this give him his contract and trade him straight away i doubt even sog is that stupid.

what do you all think?

I try to reach a long-term deal with him, but don't hesitate at all to franchise him if I can't. I might feel differently if I had any confidence elsewhere in the passing game, but Chad isn't getting any younger or any more dedicated to his craft, Simpson has been (so far) a bust, Caldwell/Chatman/Utecht can't stay healthy, Perry sucks and looks to be gone, Henry could blow up at any time, and for every great grab Holt makes, he drops or fumbles another.

First of all, age has nothing to do with it. There was a retired Command Sergeant Major who tried out for a college football team and made it. This was after spending 20 years on active duty. 20 years in the Army takes a huge toll on your body! TJ is the only guy on off that has produced this year. His attitude is great, he's a leader in the locker room and on the field, he doesn't get into trouble or bad mouth the team or his teammates, etc. We need to keep him! We got rid of Willie, who was a leader on and off the field and look what happened to the line. We got rid of Rudi and look what happened to the running game. If anybody should go, it should be Chad. Chad hasn't performed for the past two seasons. He talks to much crap and doesn't back it up. TJ has carried the WR's for the past two years!

First of all, age has nothing to do with it. There was a retired Command Sergeant Major who tried out for a college football team and made it. This was after spending 20 years on active duty.

Hell yeah! Sergeants Major are usually some salty badasses.

the main reason I think we should let him go is not just because of his age I mean nowadays guys who stay healthy can last a long while but what worries me is that TJ is an inside guy who will go for the ball no matter what and that can cause bad injuries if he gets a big pop and at his age physical fitness aside its gonna take him longer to come back than say a 22 year old guy.

so say we slap a big 40-60 mill 4 year deal on his ass and we all know what bengal luck is like he gets the big ass pop and hes done now that sets us back because thats now tied up money.

if we do keep him then id prefer franchise him i love the guy's on field attatude i have no 84's shirt I guess u could say im thinking future rather than immidiately

Well being our WR's are a big question mark I'd say franchise if you can't sign him long term TJ get's by from experience and skill I don't care how old he is as long as he keeps producing.The only thing about it though is I'd really like to see us keep Benson,It's going to blow if we fail to sign some of our own Key FA's because we all know were not gonna make up for it in FA.