Hey, we were all wrong about Gay-chick

UF_Gators_15

"Benson did a good job reading which way I was taking (Cleveland defensive tackle Shaun Rogers)," said Bengals center Eric Ghiaciuc, who has received some criticism due to has lack of strength and size in the trenches. Asked if he felt like he answered some critics Sunday, he said, "Yeah, there aren't a lot of big centers in this league."

You hear that guys, Shaun Rogers pushing him one way or manhandling him the other way is the way Gay-chick blocks. I guess when your weak you have to take small victories, we never ran up the middle b/c we knew he can't block Rogers, so by us running off-tackle makes Gay-chick think he's a great center. That is just horrible and I still think Lewis deserves one more year but if Gay-chick is our starting center next year someone needs to murder Mike Brown and all the coaches.

Three quick points.

First, I'd like an upgrade at center.

Second, Ghiacuic is better than given credit for, but then again he isn't given any credit at all. So there's that.

Third, the Bengals recipe for dealing with Rogers was no different than the one they used just as effectively against John Henderson and the Jags. That being, use a dominant defensive players aggression and movement skills against him by running directly at that player, and then cutting back after that player commits.

Benson was cutting back all day, so flat-on-his=backCheck was right, they did use Rogers' positioning as a key to the running game. I also noticed that Rogers was sucking wind like a bastard. Guycheck's endured humiliating beatings on the line of scrimmage all year, so he's entitled to crow a little when they completely handle a behemoth like Rogers.

Three quick points.

First, I'd like an upgrade at center. & at OG & OT(2) & ILB & RB & DB

Second, Ghiacuic is better than given credit for, but then again he isn't given any credit at all. So there's that.

Third, the Bengals recipe for dealing with Rogers was no different than the one they used just as effectively against John Henderson and the Jags. That being, use a dominant defensive players aggression and movement skills against him by running directly at that player, and then cutting back after that player commits.

What does Eric Guiaeiouchaeiouc think of the way the oline collapses in to a V toward the QB every run and pass play when he is under center?

As stated above, he is a backup in a starters role and he is the main culprit for so many of the Bengals offensive sputters. From the run game, to passes being batted down, etc etc etc.

If he is the starter next season, expect more of the same.