Hype Henderson to IR

HoosierCat

They've been using Blackstock and Thornton there as well

Sad but true - I am officially done hyping the Hype. He simply can't stay healthy. Got to go.

There are others with the same problem, always injured over the last 2 or 3 years. Dexter Jackson, Jonathon Joesph, Chris Perry, Frostee Rucker, Antonio Chapman. They all have not lived up to their potential and don't play enough to justify their roster spot. Cap hit is the only real reason they are still on the squad. I would bet the Bengals lead the league with dead weight players such as the above, which isn't a complete list. Another reason for 1-11-1 and heading into the worst record ever for a franchise owning sh#tty previous records.

They've been using Blackstock and Thornton there as well

Sad but true - I am officially done hyping the Hype. He simply can't stay healthy. Got to go.

There are others with the same problem, always injured over the last 2 or 3 years. Dexter Jackson, Jonathon Joesph, Chris Perry, Frostee Rucker, Antonio Chapman. They all have not lived up to their potential and don't play enough to justify their roster spot. Cap hit is the only real reason they are still on the squad. I would bet the Bengals lead the league with dead weight players such as the above, which isn't a complete list. Another reason for 1-11-1 and heading into the worst record ever for a franchise owning sh#tty previous records.

Couldn't of said it better myself! That's y I don't want to sign JJoe back and draft one high, not this year but next maybe, but I am tempted by Malcolm Jenkins!

End, I know JJoe ain't a favourite of yours but just concentrate on the crappy play you see from him because the injury thing is BS. The dude missed one game his first 2 yrs. One. Sure, he's been injured for the last few games this season but "can't stay healthy" is disingenuous to say the least. Every player gets injured at some point playing football.

Or maybe we should s**tcan all of them. Carson included.

I certainly think you give JJ more time and another year to solidify himself - he's actually a good CB and those don't grow on trees. Plus the Bengals have nothing but garbage behind him and Hall at CB - typical Bengals to draft two guys that high and count on them almost exclusively without addressing depth behind them with anything but UFA crap. This goes back to poor, poor drafting and roster management...something Marvin seemed to be doing a good job of his first two years, until either he lost it or was simply over-ruled by the Brown family when the cap got too close to the top for comfort. (more likely)

I would ditch Henderson, Chatman, Perry and Jackson asap and find some better players who can stay healthy.

End, I know JJoe ain't a favourite of yours but just concentrate on the crappy play you see from him because the injury thing is BS. The dude missed one game his first 2 yrs. One. Sure, he's been injured for the last few games this season but "can't stay healthy" is disingenuous to say the least. Every player gets injured at some point playing football.

Agreed his injury situation hasn't kept him out of games till this year. He has had feet problems every since they drafted the guy, whether that has affected his play, I don't know.

What pisses me about that guy is attitude and effort, he's one guy that has all the tools to be a real good CB. The Texans game highlights his attitude when he played flag football on Kevin Walther's touchdown. Then he got embarassed by his coach in public, then he played well until his injury.

Agreed his injury situation hasn't kept him out of games till this year. He has had feet problems every since they drafted the guy, whether that has affected his play, I don't know.

What pisses me about that guy is attitude and effort, he's one guy that has all the tools to be a real good CB. The Texans game highlights his attitude when he played flag football on Kevin Walther's touchdown. Then he got embarassed by his coach in public, then he played well until his injury.

I'm not disagreeing with you there. His application could be a whole lot better. This is not excusing him in any way, but he's not the only one who might not "be all he can be" either. Frankly I think the fact that the coaching has not been the greatest at the Bengals since he arrived hasn't helped - in terms of helping younger players develop and by giving them an easy out and thus not giving maximum effort all the time. I think the Zimmer has helped turn both those things around a little. The players need to have personal pride and motivation though and hopefully the injury lay off won't have an adverse effect on his improvement of late and the whole "ooh I was injured for a bit" isn't trotted out by the player himself or the coaches should his future play drop again.

As for the others you mention - yep. They are as useful to the Bengals as Chicago Bears players for all the field time they see.