Time for a change at QB?

jjakq27

While we're on the subject of changes, how about pulling the plug on Chris Perry and bringing James Johnson up from the PS?

I just feel vindicated for my draft day meltdown back in 2004 when Perry was announced as the #1 pick. B)

Dammit Billy ive been on the road for a month and the first thing I see is your new avatar....OMG!!!!! you trying to give me a freaking heart attack...lol DUDE THATS THE BEST ONE EVER :rolleyes:

Dammit Billy ive been on the road for a month and the first thing I see is your new avatar....OMG!!!!! you trying to give me a freaking heart attack...lol DUDE THATS THE BEST ONE EVER :rolleyes:

You must mean my sig chick. She is a definitely HOT green eyed woman. My avatar is just some weird s**t I pulled out of some long lost archive.

Thanks for noticing though Semi. ;)

sitting chad out isn't going to help, will it?

I'd say that depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Recent reports now claim Chad has responded positvely to being deactivated, but if he hadn't seen fit to muzzle himself, well....what would have been the next logical step to take?

that is, if the bengals want anything substantial in exchange for him, keeping him benched and locking him out of getting *any* numbers won't help impress an interested team, eh?

I seriously believe Chad's crappy numbers will have almost no impact whatsoever on future trade offers. Other teams will be all too quick to blame the Bengals for everything, including Chad's attitude and declining numbers. So the only important thing that MIGHT have changed from last year is the Bengals willingness to trade.

....i'd definitely point to this year (knowing it's hardly his fault), his age, his attitude... and get him for way less than he's worth ...

You'd try. But the only way your trade strategy works is if you're the only one bidding, and you won't be. Best, if it ever looks like you're strategy is about to work the Bengals only have to leak the news...and you'll be pushed aside by an 11th hour bidder. (Probably more than one.)

you tell me, though, would it even matter if he finished the season strong? i say it wouldn't hurt.

That's just the point. Nothing hurts. Chad can improve his trade value with a strong finish...thereby answering a few of the questions teams might have, but at this point there's very little he can do to cause further harm to his reputation. And there's the rub because his reputation now isn't any different than it was last year.

sitting chad out isn't going to help, will it?

I'd say that depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Recent reports now claim Chad has responded positvely to being deactivated, but if he hadn't seen fit to muzzle himself, well....what would have been the next logical step to take?

Actually, the reports were that he'd been "fantastic in the locker room" even before that point. Though he certainly hasn't popped off after, either.

My bet: Mike won't trade Chad even if he gets another DC-level offer, Chad gets new money from the Bengals in January or February, and fans' collective heads explode. Should be fun to watch, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the team went 0-4 with Carson in there but I just don't think this guy is someone to build around. As much as I tried to look at the positives, I think we all saw what John Kitna's limiations are. I would put Fitz below Kitna. I still don't know what they see in this guy. What would it hurt to give lil P a shot with the first teamers? What we might get shutout?

I know that the team went 0-4 with Carson in there but I just don't think this guy is someone to build around. As much as I tried to look at the positives, I think we all saw what John Kitna's limiations are. I would put Fitz below Kitna. I still don't know what they see in this guy. What would it hurt to give lil P a shot with the first teamers? What we might get shutout?

QB is another huge question mark going into the offseason. Will Carson make a 100% recovery or be less than what he was before? Fitz isn't the answer going forward, that is clear. What about Jordan? They need to find out over the last 3 games.

They also need to find out if the kiddie corp WR can play. I'd also give JJ some carries at RB. Beyond that, there isn't anyone left who is untried, untested and not already playing.

If Jordan can't play then they must add QB to their must address list in the offseason.

That list already includes:

Levi replacement/backup

Guycheck replacement

Stacy replacement/backup

Bobbie Williams replacement/backup

FB

RB(2 of them)

John Thornton replacement

Dhani Jones replacement

lots of secondary including competition for all the safety positions and they need someone to compete for Jonathon Joesph's spot. He sucks and is injured much like Chris Perry was. Marvin White is probably out for next year given his injuries.

New punter

depth at WR

Bengals can only hope JP can play at 60% of his brother, otherwise that list just keeps growing.