Trading up in to the bottom of the 1st?

Kazkal

Would you be willing to trade up in to the 1st for alex mack? Didn't the Jaguars move up to 8th from 17th for just a 4th?

One look at our remaining schedule indicates we won't have to trade up to get in the top five, I think we'll already be there.

Depression sets in.

No reason to trade into the bottom of the first to grab a center when one of the top 2 will be there when we pick in the top of the second. If anything, we need to be trading down in the first in order to get MORE picks as opposed to trading away the ones we do have. Just saying...

Abso-tively! :cheers:

We could get him since we will be picking early but was more aimed at chance of him slipping right before we select because I'm sure teams who selecting before us will also need Oline ...so rather sit there and wait why not spend a fourth to go up and snag him? to me a top notch center would be worth a 2nd and a 4th "shrug"

To fix the problems we need too many draft pics. Let's get the fire sale started. Trade Chad, ( like we should've done last year anyway)

Trade anyone we can till we get down to about 42 players, and start over!!! This team is a train wreck, and you don't fix broken cars, you melt them down, and build entirely new ones! :angry:

This team is a train wreck, and you don't fix broken cars, you melt them down, and build entirely new ones! :angry:

As a person who fixes broken things for a living (aircraft in this instance) I disagree Chris. You just need the right men doing the "fixing." IMHO Marvin is not a fixer. He's more the type to be the reason for fixing is needing to be done.

OTOH Mike Brown to me appears to be like a drunken grandfather who means well, but hasn't a freakin' clue of what he's doing which at this point is more than obvious.

My point is the organization is basically devoid of "troubleshooters," the role a worthy GM would normally fill as I see it. Some fill the bill better than others, just as some mechanics can fix things right away while others will never accomplish the task at hand.

In summation, I believe the attempt by the Who Dey Revolution is not misguided...

wdrnl0.jpg

...it's our only way out.

Would you be willing to trade up in to the 1st for alex mack? Didn't the Jaguars move up to 8th from 17th for just a 4th?

While I think Alex Mack will be a very good Center, I'm not sure they'll trade up from an early 2nd rd to mid/late first for him....I'd like to see him in a Bengals Uni, but I'd also like to see them make a big run for Matt Birk who is a free-agent, and yes, I know he's 32, but the guy is still one of the top 2 or 3 Centers in the league.

Errrr... not quite. Baltimore traded their first-round selection (8th overall) to Jacksonville for Jacksonville's first-round selection, two third-round selections, and fourth-round selection (26th, 71st, 89th, and 125th).

To move up from the 2nd round can be expensive - 2 teams did it last year. Green Bay traded their first-round selection (30th overall) to the NY Jets for the Jets' second- and fourth-round selections (36th and 102nd). To go all the way up to 21st is prohibitive - either a 1st rounder AND this year's 2nd rounder (& maybe a 4th) or what these guys did (assuming we get a 2nd for Chad) Washington traded their first-, third-, and fifth-round selections (21st, 84th, and 154th overall) to Atlanta for two of Atlanta's second-round selections and their fourth-round selection (34th, 48th, and 103rd).

While I think Alex Mack will be a very good Center, I'm not sure they'll trade up from an early 2nd rd to mid/late first for him....I'd like to see him in a Bengals Uni, but I'd also like to see them make a big run for Matt Birk who is a free-agent, and yes, I know he's 32, but the guy is still one of the top 2 or 3 Centers in the league.

GUYS! It (almost) never works to trade up, and certainly not for a center. In 2003, Jeff Faine was the best center prospect...EVER. Drafted 21st by the Browns, he's on his 3rd team - and certainly a good, serviceable center, but not a pro bowler, and not a 1st round pick.

There are at least 2 other centers on this draft that could turn out to be better - Jonathan Luigs (Arkansas) and Antoine Caldwell (Alabama) - probably available in the 2nd or top of 3rd. We need other OL help, too - after the top 3 OT's (Oher, Monroe, and A.Smith) you've got Ciron Black (LSU) , Jason Smith (Baylor) and Eben Britton (Arizona) who should all be VERY good OTs, and available at the top of the 2nd. Also, 2 "can't miss" OG's - Duke Robinson (Oklahoma) and Herman Johnson (LSU) will be there in the 2nd or 3rd.

Are you really willing to trade 2 of those guys for Mack?

Let's trade down (twice) and rebuild both lines while snagging an undervalued RB and ILB.

Actually, let me run their friggin' draft - it can't be any harder than Fantasy Football (Katie!) :lol:

Actually, let me run their friggin' draft - it can't be any harder than Fantasy Football (Katie!) laugh.gif

Would you work for peanuts and never question mikeys word? if so they just may hire you!

Actually, I would work for peanuts (as long as I could keep my day job - gotta keep writing those tuition checks).

As far as questioning Mikey...based on the last two decades of player personnel decisions, we'd be better off to the exact opposite of what Mikey wants to do. :rolleyes:

Actually, let me run their friggin' draft - it can't be any harder than Fantasy Football (Katie!) laugh.gif

Would you work for peanuts and never question mikeys word? if so they just may hire you!

Actually, I would work for peanuts (as long as I could keep my day job - gotta keep writing those tuition checks).

As far as questioning Mikey...based on the last two decades of player personnel decisions, we'd be better off to the exact opposite of what Mikey wants to do. :rolleyes:

You'd think so but he's old school and the bengals are just having bad luck :rolleyes:

Ok, Here's My official First Mock ........ Since it's become just too hard to watch this team anymore, and Directv said, " It's too late to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket, So you'll just have to watch the Bengals and suffer like everyone else !!"

Damn Shame when even Directv is against us!!

With the 3rd Overall Pick in the NFL Draft. The Cincinnati Bengals select......

1. Michael Oher OT, Ole Miss

2. George Selvie LB/DE, South Florida

3. Shonn Green RB, Iowa

----- Selvie's probably not there, but then again, he's not top 10 anymore either. Green, James Davis, and C.J. Spiller lead my list of running backs to go after after we're forced to pass up on Knowshon Moreno and Chris Wells.

3. Shonn Green RB, Iowa

----- Selvie's probably not there, but then again, he's not top 10 anymore either. Green, James Davis, and C.J. Spiller lead my list of running backs to go after after we're forced to pass up on Knowshon Moreno and Chris Wells.

This is part of the reason why I would want us to take action at some point rather then sit on our picks and hope a center falls to us.I just would like to see us play the draft so we get a Mack,Luigs or Caldwell rather then sit and watched them get scooped up because we didn't wanna draft on early or play it right and trade down to the right area.

• 2 weeks later...

3. Shonn Green RB, Iowa

This is part of the reason why I would want us to take action at some point rather then sit on our picks and hope a center falls to us.I just would like to see us play the draft so we get a Mack,Luigs or Caldwell rather then sit and watched them get scooped up because we didn't wanna draft on early or play it right and trade down to the right area.

ok, well here's the real draft as headed by Mike " I could give as**t " Brown and his cronie Marvin " I'm just here for the paycheck " Lewis

#2. Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech.- Cause they're gonna let T.J. go for nothing and Simpson,"OH" Henry, Caldwell, and Chatman would all LOSE the battle for the #2 spot behind Chad.

# 34. Ciron Black OT, LSU - Mike Brown will insist they can get the same quality play ???? out of Black as they did Whitworth based upon no other reason that " They Both Played Tackle at LSU ".

# 67. Shonn Green RB, Iowa - They'll try to sign Benson to a longterm Contract. They'll sign Perry to an extension, but claim they've got a longterm answer in one year wonder from bad Big Ten school.......Again!

- That's day one ...... No Linebacker....No Defensive End..... No Cornerback..... No Safety....... and yes No Center....

On Paper doesn't it look good. .... :angry::angry::angry:

#34.

Well, Crabtree said he's coming back for his Senior year, so that's one we won't have to worry about...

Unless he has a huge bowl game,Wasn't calvin intent on staying till the last minute and he was a smart kid who came from a family who had tons of money...

Also this may be the last year rookies get huge contracts so I'll wait and see I'd say he enters in the end.

It's all talk NOW, but these guys aren't stupid. With the CBA expiring and more talk about a rookie salary cap for the 2010 and 2011 seasons,

the following big name players will turn pro.

Mathew Stafford QB, Georgia - Biggest Arm in college. Accuracy needs improving.

Knowshon Moreno RB, Georgia - Best runningback in college. Has some Marshall Faulk skills.

Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma - What's left for him to prove. If he stays, He'll still have the same team and maybe still play Colt McCoy and Texas for the Big 12 championship. If The Sooners beat Florida, He'll opt for sure.

Colt McCoy QB, Texas - Yeah, he said he's coming back.....If he's as impressive against the Buckeyes as he's been the last 2 years, He'll compete with Bradford to see who's the first quarterback taken.

Michael Crabtree WR, Texas Tech - He may be the best player in College Football, He doesn't have the speed of Calvin Johnson, but he's got great hands, Runs superb routes, blocks extremely well, and is a true leader on the field. He's coming out!!