any chance of fan revolt this weekend?

preyer

an older customer of mine just left a few minutes ago after talking a little football. he said there's a plane going to fly a banner behind it saying 'get rid of mike brown' over PBS. he went on to say there's supposedly going to be a fan walkout during the second quarter... not that you'll be able to tell as everyone has sold their tics to pittsburgh fans.

is he suffering from senility? wishful thinking on his part? i didn't get a chance to ask him where he got this information at, but as he's older i thinking it's not the internut.

if, by some weird and wild connection of cosmic forces this does happen, any thoughts? captured on television, would the 'revolt' be just a humourous footnote on the highlight reel or could it have any real effect?

an older customer of mine just left a few minutes ago after talking a little football. he said there's a plane going to fly a banner behind it saying 'get rid of mike brown' over PBS. he went on to say there's supposedly going to be a fan walkout during the second quarter... not that you'll be able to tell as everyone has sold their tics to pittsburgh fans.

is he suffering from senility? wishful thinking on his part? i didn't get a chance to ask him where he got this information at, but as he's older i thinking it's not the internut.

if, by some weird and wild connection of cosmic forces this does happen, any thoughts? captured on television, would the 'revolt' be just a humourous footnote on the highlight reel or could it have any real effect?

I really hope this happens. We really need the media to get involved to put some pressure on mb. But he will NOT step down. If anything he'll hire a cheap gm. 09 will suck too...

What happens IF the Bengals are 14-3 up at the end of the 1st quarter - will the fans still walk? I doubt it. My plan would have been for all the unhappy Bengals fans to wear bags on their head (ala trecent events) at halftime - I'm sure that would capture a lot of media interest whilst allowing them to "enjoy" the game.

just a suggestion.

i imagine the idea is to get the commissioner to force MB into getting a proper GM, i.e. not a relative. this won't happen, either, but, you know, bengals fans can hope.

i'm sure these actions (which i doubt will happen, in all reality) don't need to happen to shine a light on the plight of the downtrodden, but it would have to feel good to do ne'ertheless.

14-3 at the half? well, lol, i kinda doubt the squealers will only have 3 by then, but stranger things have happened. problem is anyone who would be down with this scene knows the bengals find a way to lose and that usually happens in the second half.

my mum-in-law is a squealer's fan, her husband a bengals fan. i think i'm staying home sunday ~ there's enough stress in life besides having to dodge thrown objects while trying to be entertained.

The only "revolt" that would matter to Mike Brown would be the one where no one renews their season tickets next year. He could care less about anything that happens in the stands or on the field this year...he already has the money in his pocket.

Since 1990 MB has a record of 97-181, a 35% winning rate. Got to be one of the worst in NFL history.

He doesn't care what the Bengals do on the field for the fans. Just winning on his financial statements. With the recent stock market crash, he can use it as an excuse to cut back player salaries in 2009. Just watch, he'll trade out of the top 10.

You know during his ownership, he had 2 instances when his team won no more than 38% of their games over at least 4 year span.

He also has a record of 7 out of 19 seasons winning no more than 4 games, soon to be 8 out of 20 after this year. That is amazing.

Boycotts on game day, PR stunts, ticket holder cancellation are the only leverage the people that care have.