Thought for keeping Marv

walzav29

I read something today about keeping a coaching staff. I always wanted Cowher to come here, but that will never happen. Check this out

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

Look at Cowher's stretch from 98-00'

7-9

6-10

9-7

The Steelers are a respected franchise. There is no way that Marvin get's fired, but I remember people going crazy to see Cowher fired. Let's just see how the young guys come along, and hopefully with a strong draft they can bounce right back next year. It's not like the Lions, where there is ZERO talent. The Bengals do have a franchise QB at least.

I tend to agree, that they need to keep Marvin for stability. Look at the Raiders and you will see what firing the head coach every few years does to an organization. But I also think they need to get rid of most of the offensive staff. They have had pro-bowl caliber players at three or four skill opsitions and all they have been able to do is go downhill.

This year was brutal beforehand. Next season is alot easier

Lions

Bears

Packers

Vikings

Broncos

Raiders

Chiefs

Chargers

and then the other 3 worst teams in their divisions. After a strong draft it will be the year.

SUPERBOWL 2010'

Lions--Win

Bears--Lose

Packers--Lose

Vikings--Lose

Broncos--Lose

Raiders--should Win

Chiefs--should Win

Chargers--oh, heck no

3-5? Count on winning one we should lose and losing one we should win.

Go 2-4 in the division. That puts us at 5-9. Split the other two games...

I've been a fan too long, can't you tell? :(

I always wonder why i put myself through this, but ive rooting this team on for to long and i wont change teams thats not me, so im just stickin around because the forum great filled with a bunch of great people, and i always like what people have to say. If im pissed or disgusted by the teams play i come here for a laugh or to vent, so im not going anywhere i just wish this team was. Im just saying each year i put alot into this team doing something and every year its the same crap so when the team puts 100% on the field each game ill put 100% on watching and rooting for this team like i did in the 80s

I always wonder why i put myself through this, but ive rooting this team on for to long and i wont change teams thats not me, so im just stickin around because the forum great filled with a bunch of great people, and i always like what people have to say. If im pissed or disgusted by the teams play i come here for a laugh or to vent, so im not going anywhere i just wish this team was. Im just saying each year i put alot into this team doing something and every year its the same crap so when the team puts 100% on the field each game ill put 100% on watching and rooting for this team like i did in the 80s

I heard that Mike Brown was going to adopt Marvin Lewis, formally. They both finish each other sentences, like doing the same thing from Sept to December, losing, and because Mike wants Marvin to be a Bengal for Life.

I read something today about keeping a coaching staff. I always wanted Cowher to come here, but that will never happen. Check this out

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

Look at Cowher's stretch from 98-00'

7-9

6-10

9-7

The Steelers are a respected franchise. There is no way that Marvin get's fired, but I remember people going crazy to see Cowher fired. Let's just see how the young guys come along, and hopefully with a strong draft they can bounce right back next year. It's not like the Lions, where there is ZERO talent. The Bengals do have a franchise QB at least.

Small sample size. No one's asking for perfection or to have a winning record every year. Marvin's had ONE winning record in SIX years!! That's awful.

Cowher had 11 winning seasons out of fifteen.

Marvin Lewis can't hold Cowher's ball sack and while it's Mike Brown who is the ultimate culprit, Lewis is just a house man and a lousy, overrated head coach no one cares about anymore.

The Bengals are dead, RIP, just a faux NFL franchise that makes money due to a moronic fan base that still hasn't figured it out after all these years.

lewis keeps the bengals from being blown completely out of the season, though. for fans used to 4-12 records or thereabouts, .500 has to be welcome, right? problem is that's all you can expect from him and the soap opera around him. i mean, so what if it's 7-9 or 9-7, it's about the same level of coaching. this year, though, he'll be lucky to see 5-13 (my prediction). next year he'll have new players, it'll be yet another 'rebuilding year,' and with an easier schedule he'll be right up with mediocre.

congratulations ~ you're average!

lewis keeps the bengals from being blown completely out of the season, though. for fans used to 4-12 records or thereabouts, .500 has to be welcome, right? problem is that's all you can expect from him and the soap opera around him. i mean, so what if it's 7-9 or 9-7, it's about the same level of coaching. this year, though, he'll be lucky to see 5-13 (my prediction). next year he'll have new players, it'll be yet another 'rebuilding year,' and with an easier schedule he'll be right up with mediocre.

congratulations ~ you're average!

I occasionally post after too much lubricant, maybe you've been celebrating Friday?

There is no way they go 5-13 unless you count some of the pre-season. Only 16 games in the regular season.

heh heh, you're right. my bad on that. i don't want to hijack this thread, so i'll correct myself and say 5-11. not sure where '13' came from. maybe i had it in my mind that they'd have to play a couple extra games to get to '5'.

as long as lewis keeps dangling a winning season in front of MB, he's sure to stay. given, of course, that lewis remembers his place, tows the line, and doesn't repeat what's bound to happen this season next year (in which case it doesn't really matter since his contract will expire shortly afterwards and at that point the damage will be relatively contained... sort of).

so, it would seem that .500 seasons are such a vast improvement to MB that to rock that boat spells certain disaster.