Geathers

Guy-chick

Utecht

Needs some game exposure:

Sims

Simpson

Shirley

Collins

0-5...time to go through the roster and figure out where you are going....

Thorton looks terribly SLOW. Its embarassing.

Odom was horrible. Got sucked in a few times. ZERO pass rush.

Geathers is the most incosistant DE I have ever seen. Where the hell was he in the 1st half???? I seen him get pancaked multiple times in the 1st half!?!?!?!?!

Peko looked bad today.....

My 3 that need to go would be

thorton

Ghiachec

Odom

1. Chris Perry

2. Ben Utecht

3. Robert Geathers

Chris Perry just needs no explanation. Utecht is garbage, probally one of the worst TE's I have ever seen. And Geathers is just absolutley turrible. He got his money and hasn't done s**t with it. He has 1 sack in two seasons, GET RID OF HIM!

How you leave out Johnny Thornton is beyond me to understand.

Looking at the pre-game scouting report, Sims and Shirley were on the inactive list.....???

You're going up against one of the BEST offensive lines in the NFL.... and you sit your defensive line rotation ???

Here's an Idea.....

Cut Thornton all together. Sit Fanene, and play Sims and Shirley next week!!! ( I know , I know, That's Crazy talk 'cuz it makes sense)

I honestly think that Sims,Shirley and Peko would be a decent rotation, but We'll Never know with this coaching staff.

:blink:

Looking at the pre-game scouting report, Sims and Shirley were on the inactive list.....???

You're going up against one of the BEST offensive lines in the NFL.... and you sit your defensive line rotation ???

Here's an Idea.....

Cut Thornton all together. Sit Fanene, and play Sims and Shirley next week!!! ( I know , I know, That's Crazy talk 'cuz it makes sense)

I honestly think that Sims,Shirley and Peko would be a decent rotation, but We'll Never know with this coaching staff.

Agreed F this season start working on next.

Here's an Idea.....

I do agree. How can Shirley and Sims not be ready to play yet? How come they say Shirly isn't ready but is a project? Maybe they should concentrate on the way JT plays or practices because he sucks bad. Atleast Sims and Shirley will command double teams instead of single teams like JT. I am willing to give Perry another chance. I know he screwed up this season with the fumble problems, but the guy can play football. Once he gets the fumbles under control I think he will be much better rb. He just needs to wrap the ball up better when he is going to get hit. I am sure the coaches will stress this in practice this week and hopefully it gets corrected because a backfield of Benson and Perry could be pretty good for years to come.

1. Chris Perry

2. Ben Utecht

3. Robert Geathers

Chris Perry just needs no explanation. Utecht is garbage, probally one of the worst TE's I have ever seen. And Geathers is just absolutley turrible. He got his money and hasn't done s**t with it. He has 1 sack in two seasons, GET RID OF HIM!

1. This is Chris Perry's first year as a starter in the NFL. He has sat on the bench with injuries for two years. The fumbles should be expected. He has a ton of potential, the guy runs with a lot of intensity. He just needs to protect the ball. He'll learn. This is the NFL, he didn't have this problem in college, I'm sure he'll get it figured out.

2. There's a reason Utecht isn't in Indy. He's no Dallas Clark. I think he's okay but it's BRATKOWSKI who should be your #2 because he's not using Utecht or the offense the way he should.

3. Geathers is decent, maybe a good backup would really help him stay fresh. Or maybe someone beside him that can get a better push in the middle. Got damnit I wish Shaun Rodgers were a Bengal.

1. Chris Perry

2. Ben Utecht

3. Robert Geathers

1. This is Chris Perry's first year as a starter in the NFL. He has sat on the bench with injuries for two years. The fumbles should be expected. He has a ton of potential, the guy runs with a lot of intensity. He just needs to protect the ball. He'll learn. This is the NFL, he didn't have this problem in college, I'm sure he'll get it figured out.

Tell me one rookie RB in the league right now that has fumbled in each of the FIRST FIVE GAMES this season. The first year as a starter in the NFL line is crap. And if he didn't have this problem in college, that means he is regressing mentally in the NFL. Not a good sign.

Just hold on to the d*mn ball. And screw 'potential'. The Bengals have had potential since 1991.

Hey smart guy, Mendenhall had fumble-itis throughout the preseason. Willie Parker had a BAD case of fumble-itis, the Steelers didn't give up on him. I don't have to name one rookie because that point is a non-issue. Fumble-itis is something that happens. It happens to the best of players and it will continue to happen.

Chris Perry is fine. This doesn't mean that I wasn't screaming at the TV when he fumbled the rock. I WAS mad. Now that I've had time to reflect, I feel that it's fumbe-itis.

On the play were he ran in for a touchdown, through the heart of a defense with several Pro Bowlers, was a great example of how Perry runs. He goes 110% every down. Unfortunately there was a TERRIBLE holding call on #84.

He's much better than Rudi. Rudi was done two years ago. If Irons hadn't of blown out his knee he could've been an option. Perry is the best option we have. And yes, I believe this case of fumble-itis will go away.

Agreen, it very well could be fumble-itis, but this team cannot afford fumble-itis.

Yes, it was a very solid run for the score by Perry and a dreadfulcall on the hold by TJ (not one Dallas O-lineman was called for holding, BTW) but the fact remains, he has cost this team two games DIRECTLY.

The other players you mention playon good teams, who can afford to work through a problem. Perry has had YEARS to learn how to hold onto the ball. All his injuries were to his tender feet and ankles...not his elbow or shoulder...this should not be happpening as he is not a Rookie.

Obviously, they are not going to cut Perry but what is reasonable is taking a serious look at his body of work once the season is over and deciding whether to re-sign him or not.

5 fumbles in 5 games fall in the "not" column in my book so far.

Cut Jordan Palmer or Dexter Jackson (dead wood) and bring up James Johnson. Perry fumbles again he goes to thrid string.

The fact that they do not put Sims or Shirley in for Thornton is beyond incomprehensible. Harris has been a pleasant gem of a pick-up and is getting no props.

If it were a case of fumble-itis (and I can't believe I'm even typing that word with an NFL running back) and strong overall performance, that would be one thing. He only averaged 2.4 yards per carry yesterday? He's only averaging 2.8 YPC through five games! One good run doesn't mean squat in the long-term scheme. If he were averaging 3.8 YPC, the five fumbles would still be too many, but still...

Fumble-freaking-itis. I'm with kingwilly. He's not showing any reason to keep him next season. He's no Willie Parker, agreen. Get your head out of your tail.

If it were a case of fumble-itis (and I can't believe I'm even typing that word with an NFL running back) and strong overall performance, that would be one thing. He only averaged 2.4 yards per carry yesterday? He's only averaging 2.8 YPC through five games! One good run doesn't mean squat in the long-term scheme. If he were averaging 3.8 YPC, the five fumbles would still be too many, but still...

Fumble-freaking-itis. I'm with kingwilly. He's not showing any reason to keep him next season. He's no Willie Parker, agreen. Get your head out of your tail.

We could go 'round and 'round all day Greg. You can't say that Perry has had much run-blocking support. Maybe that has to do with the 2.8 YPC.

I'm not saying he's a Willie Parker, I said Willie had a bad case of fumble-itis... Quit with the insults, It doesn't phase me, but it just makes YOU look bad.

God forbid someone have a different outlook on the whole situation around here. It's like your a bunch of sheep.