Boomer's Take on Bengals

rwjcgc

I caught his analysis this morning on the radio. He said the Bengals have a reputation around the

NFL of being soft. You beat on them a little bit and they quit. Their line play (offensive and defensive)

is especially held in low regard by other teams for the last couple years.

I know, this is hardly rocket science and kind of obvious to most here, but one has to wonder why there

hasn't been more attempts to shore up their line play. I have never understood the Marvin / Thornton love fest.

WHAT ?? You mean Thornton ISN'T a Pro Bowl DT year after year ??

There's another one for you to add to the list...

F*CK YOU THORNTON !!!

WHODEY !!!

As long as Thornton is on the roster, this defense will continue to suck ass.

High level personnel issue. They let the wrong players go, don't keep the right ones, won't pay for certain positions, don't have enough scouts, don't draft well, can't attract top FA's, but are sitting comfortably under the cap this year. They are spending more money since 2003, but they don't do it wisely.

It will never, ever change until Mike Brown steps aside and let's someone handle his cap and his roster.

High level personnel issue. They let the wrong players go, don't keep the right ones, won't pay for certain positions, don't have enough scouts, don't draft well, can't attract top FA's, but are sitting comfortably under the cap this year. They are spending more money since 2003, but they don't do it wisely.

It will never, ever change until Mike Brown steps aside and let's someone handle his cap and his roster.

Shula's long time stance is being vindicated!

I agree with this. Nothing changes until Mikeyboy is gone. He let Big Willie go. Kept Chad and Cheech. The mess is a result of Mikeyboy. Not Marvin.

I lay their being soft directly at the feet of their doughy soft head coach...

Sounds about right. If he didn't put up with it, they probably wouldn't do it. But then again, I think he's already made up his mind to quit after this year so he doesn't care anyway.

The Bengals are soft! We complain about everything from weather to injuries like the team across from us doesn't have to play in the same weather or they don't have injuries...cry about you fu**in losers! We're soft and always will be until we make changes. Other teams are still good with injuries, look at the frickin Patriots will frickin Matt "White" Cassell! Teams like those fag Pittsburgh Squeelers win with frickin Charlie Batch running their offense because they can run and defend....We have a bunch of high priced bit**es on offense who need to get done like my boy Big Willie and take a pay cut, if not, get the hell out! How does not trading Chad look now, I bet we all wish we could have a 1st and at the very least a 3rd from Washington, who blows and is prob. gonna have a Top10 pick...nice job management! Tear this team down!

I lay their being soft directly at the feet of their doughy soft head coach...

What happened to that group that beat the undefeated Chiefs in 2003 and went into Pittsburgh and beat them in December of 2005 to basically win the division. Those teams had balls and toughness.

What's changed since then to make them such a pushover? Is it Marvin? or Chad? or Carson? Rich Braham or Willie? I don't get it.

you hit the nail on the head.