Cornerbacks

volcom69

Pretty stupid if you ask me. You know we had a decent cb in Deltha but somebody thought it was a good idea to not keep him around for one more year. I think Jonathan Joseph showed up on the injury report this week so if he can't go they might be going into this game with only two cbs and one of them wasn't even drafted and is a rookie. Pretty scary. I think you will see a lot of Lynch in this game hopefully he can man the nickel, but you know the Titans are going to be going after Castille all game long. I hope he plays well because if doesn't this game could be blowout, especially if out offense comes to play like it did last week against the Ravens.

If the Bengals can't shut down Kerry F'ing Collins, they better quit. At least we can be fairly sure we're not getting any 50-yard runs out of him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you insert Flacco's name, isn't that how we all felt exactly one week ago?

Only difference is Collins is a lot older and probably can't run. Any 22-year-old QB should be able to run a little; an old man who's taken a lot of hits, not so much. I guarantee you I could outrun Collins in a 50-yard run if I spotted him 10 yards, so even with a complete defensive breakdown we should be OK.

I think.

I'm only sayin' that we felt they should easily handle a rookie qb and felt that was a major advantage heading into the game. Flacco didn't win the game for them, but he didn't lose it either.

Also Flacco will not be mistaken for Randal Cunningham anytime soon (although many have disparaged our troops for not pursuing harder than they did - me included, I believe Flacco is a bit faster than they were led to believe).

No Collins can't run. But he can pick apart a defense if left unmolested in the pocket. Based on our passrush last week let's say I'm not confident.

Kerry Collins is a better overall quarterback than Vince Young in the first place. He's just not consistent enough nor getting a 60 million dollar paycheck to start.

He's more accurate than Young.

He's got a better understanding of his teams offense than Young.

He's also better at reading defenses.

- The Only thing working for us, is the fact that he's a statue in the pocket, and the Titans don't have anyone to throw to that is a real threat.

They do have one of the best Centers to have ever played the game though in Kevin Mawae so our defense cant afford another 240 + yards on the ground again! Cause The Titans runningbacks are GOOD, not that second tier bunch the Ravens through at us last Week. We gave up 70 yards on the ground to their damn fullback for pete's sake!!

It is Thursday and the Bengals are still sans any additional CB help and the S's on this team are wholly unsuitable to pull double duty.

Now, it is not the riskiest week to go light on corner depth but this is going to be a season long problem unless addressed.

Now there saying that JJ is iffy for the next game so your telling me that we will have Leon Hall and David Jones starting if JJ cant go wow thats scary. Anybody see how far off David was playin his man on the touchdown pass he needs to press his man down near the goalline. I still dont like the corner depth.

With a vet like Fernando Bryant or someone else out there would be better right now then David especially if JJ cant go if this is the case this team is screwed again. Come on Marvin think alittle bit you let go Deltha who would have been a better nickle in this case for this guy come on.

Did any of you guys notice that Deltha started for the Patriots.

I wonder how he did? I wonder if he tried harder in Pats Land? So I went and checked.

Deltha had 5 tackles last Sunday. A decent effort that the Bungals need right now. But I don't think Deltha had much left for the Queen City.

Are the Bungals becoming a country club again for lazy athletes? It is a wonder when you see their former pro bowlers, still in their prime, produce so little now. Has the rot infected Carson, Levi, TJ, Chad? If these guys have it, the whole team will too.

Any chance at all if JJ doesn't start that Manning will pick David Jones(if he's the starter) apart and lead 24-0 by halftime?

Oh yea pope our savior of the day this still makes no sense to me why not get a vetren to come in and help on nickle situtations.

Because Mike "Son of a Genius" Brown already has what he wants - a waiting list for season tickets - and with his income maximized, he has moved on to reducing costs.

It is far less expensive to promote Pope (a rookie) than pay a veteran.

And the results will be the same either way - we can lose 12+ games with a veteran corner or with Pope.

Very, very simple.

If thats the way we (he) wants to look at things then why didnt he get rid of Chad Johnson when he had the chace to save some money we can lose with him or lose without him lol. Still this is the biggest joke and now it looks like JJ wont play so i cant wait to see what David "soft coverage" Jones can do this weekend and Simon Castille (who the heck is he) and some guy named Pope can do, wow smart moves here Marvin and company. Now if these guys play solid then i will appolize for this, but as of today what a really really sucky move, especially since this team has a very poor pass rush.