New Twist on C.J.

gregstephens

Not bad.

How about this. The same day Chad Johnson is traded the Bengals announce the number #85 is being retired in honor of Ike Curtis.

Come to think of it, why not retire Curtis's number regardless of whether Chad is traded or not. Simply take the number right off of Chad's back.

Ditto on that idea. Curtis should be retired anyway. He was a great receiver and a class act. Screw the player.

From Michael Silver . . . .

Carson Palmer tried to put a positive spin on disgruntled teammate Chad Johnson's bitterness toward the Bengals, insisting "Ocho Cinco" would show up for team activities "when he has to." Johnson reacted by calling a reporter and ripping his quarterback. Here's a screeching version of his rant against Palmer, to the tune of Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55."

One foot out the door and one on Marvin's throat, hey!

Well, there's too much baggage, I can't gloat, no!

So I tried my best Rosenhaus move

A quarterback talked smack and crushed my groove again!

Go on & throw to TJ on third-and-25

Or hand it off to Rudi to extend that drive

Buy drinks for all your linemen who help you survive

But you can't drive 85! Oh No! Uh!

So I signed my contract just two years ago, hey!

Yeah Mike Brown said, "We'll never let you go"

But Nasty 'Nati's seen the last of Ocho Cinco

Cause I'm gonna be this summer's version of T.O.

Drew said "Next question!"

Oh, yea!

You can't drive 85!

You can't drive 85!

You can't drive 85!

You can't drive 85!

Uh!

When you say I'll play, you know it's hard to hear

But you're gonna be sorry when I disappear

And I don't care if you can throw like Elway

Huh, I'd rather play for Josh McCown in the MIA!

No, no, no, you can't drive … (You can't drive 85!)

You can't drive … (You can't drive 85!)

You can't drive 85!

:lol:

Not bad.

How about this. The same day Chad Johnson is traded the Bengals announce the number #85 is being retired in honor of Ike Curtis.

Come to think of it, why not retire Curtis's number regardless of whether Chad is traded or not. Simply take the number right off of Chad's back.

I luv it!!! The more vindictive we can get the better... Maybe we should go back an exam the yards they have given Chad and tell the world there was a mistake and Chad is 4oo yds from being the all time leading Bengals reciever!!! :o

Funny you should mention that. Jim Tressel just did that to Ray Small, an underachieving receiver on the Ohio State team. Just took his number away, a single digit, and gave him something like 82. Quotes in the story made it sound like it was a pretty major humiliation for the player. In Chad's case it would be doubly funny because all the effort he's put into creating his ocho cinco brand suddenly goes down the drain.

Not bad.

I volunteer to be the one to rip said number from his back. I don't care if he's in the middle of a skinny post... O.K., I may need someone to catch him for me. Can I get a volunteer to catch and hold the princess while I rip the 85 from his yellow back?