I love this article

combatbengal

I'm tired of all the Chad crap and threats but I love this article. It shows how a caring football player turns into a monster. Money is an evil thing. Coach Lewis, pay me the NFL minimum and I'll do anything for you. Carry your clip board, headphones, challenge flag, etc. I'll be the water boy, towel boy, etc. I won't complain, ask for more money or a trade! Check this article out. http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0054/1078/COL02

This is my favorite part...

"The Player Formerly Known as Chad "

Trade him to a team we know we can get some high draft picks for..............next year. Don't trade him before the draft this year, wait til after June 1st so atleast we can spread out the cap hit over this and next year. Oakland is a good idea.

Trade him to a team we know we can get some high draft picks for.

I have a better idea. Trade him to a team with crap at the QB position and watch his frustration level now grow tenfold. It would be AWESOME to see him get his way, yet only net 600 yards receiving with 4 TD's at most at years end! B)

That was the best article on this whole debacle I've read so far. It's almost like breaking up with my girlfriend now -- I thought he was just venting at the end of the season/ pre super bowl, I can appreciate the frustration. Seeing him get stand offish with carson and demanding a trade so outright was, to me, so un-chad-like it seemed like there was some other dude pulling the strings on him.

The craziest part for me, which has been said plenty already, is the fact that this dude signed a contract that everyone agreed was both generous and long term and now he can just not fulfill it. Where else in the world (other than the federal government, I suppose) can you enter into a contractual agreement with someone else and then decide to just not fulfill it with no consequences? We go above and beyond to embrace chad with an unbelievable contract and a few years later he gets greedy and the bengals are the only ones who lose out . Just entirely ridiculous.

You crapped on my heart johnson.

What's missing here is the fact Chad hasn't come out and said it's all about $. But people keep operating under the illusion players want to play here. It's not that I want to keep repeating the same rant, but Daugherty's article completely misses that point. It wasn't about money for Dillon or Spikes either.

I just don't think he would get the entire fan base to hate him over wanting a new contract. He'd have his agent do it in private and hold out of work outs by making excuses or admitting to trying to get a new deal. Surely he'd want to keep the leverage of the fan base behind him in that case. But no, he wants to make it almost impossible for the Bengals to keep him next year, and that's his objective. Get the fans to also accept the fact you want out without slamming them and being overly critical of the franchise. Just say that you want out and use management not "having your back" as the reason.

Of course he's an ego maniac and somewhat unstable personality, that comes with the territory. They can't handle players with his upside who also have his character concerns when they draft them, due to their operational problems. It happens to everbody sooner or later, but it happens here much more often than other places.

He wants out because he's sick of losing and wants to get into the spotlight of national TV post season dramatics and highlight reels, and win a SB. He won't experience that here and he's finding that out after 6 years of trying.

I think he's overrated at this point, but he's a great one and you can't deny that. I don't know what the Bengals' are going to do losing all these players and adding no other proven players outside of Oden to fill all of their needs.

Who's this Fredo person?

Duuuude. Godfather II. Michael Corleone finds out his brother, Fredo, was tight with the guys that tried to whack him. There is a brilliant scene where Michael tells Fredo he's dead to him. It is a freaking classic. Rent the movie. Excellente.

To be honest, I've never seen any of the Godfather movies....lol

Shula, I think he's already ruined it and has lost the fan base. If he does show up next year, I'd expect the fans to boo him. He'll want to stay in the locker room!

I agree, and I don't think at this point it matters what 'his' ultimate goal in all this is. He crossed that fine line with most casual Bengal fans with the pissing match with Palmer. Nothing he can do will permanently repair the damage.

What's missing here is the fact Chad hasn't come out and said it's all about $.

Drew Rosenhaus was interviewed on NFL Live yesterday (Friday) and was asked point blank what Chad's problem was. Rosenhaus first tried to claim that it wasn't his place to say, but Trey Wingo pressed him by pointing out how Chad had made his demands public for more than three months. So Rosenhaus gave a cryptic answer, but one that made it absolutely clear that the breakup/frustration was contract based.

It's not that I want to keep repeating the same rant, but Daugherty's article completely misses that point. It wasn't about money for Dillon or Spikes either.

Repeat your rant all you want as the only thing you're doing is increasing the number of times you're dead wrong. Rosenhaus admitted he had been attempting to solve the source of Chad's frustration by working behind the scenes for more than a year, and claimed his clients frustration stemmed from the fact there had been "very little movement. No...there's been no movement at all." That's salary talk. In addition, Rosenhaus gave a short list of the people in the Bengals front office he had spoken to about Chad's demands and it included people like Troy Blackburn, a front office staffer whose primary function relates to contracts, and someone who has no role in regards to adding players.

I just don't think he would get the entire fan base to hate him over wanting a new contract. He'd have his agent do it in private and hold out of work outs by making excuses or admitting to trying to get a new deal.

Rosenhaus claimed Chad went public with his trade demands because Drew's behind the scenes effort hadn't produced anything. "The Bengals have been completely inflexible." It should also be noted that in previous interviews Rosenhaus has talked about working behing the scenes for more than a year in an effort to get the Bengals to renegotiate Chad's contract yet again. So the "behind the scenes" language AND the timetable match up perfectly and point directly to contract demands.

He'd have his agent do it in private and hold out of work outs by making excuses or admitting to trying to get a new deal. Surely he'd want to keep the leverage of the fan base behind him in that case.

Rosenhaus stated flatly the decision to go public was Chad's alone, and when asked if the two sides might still come together claimed he was still "working behind the scenes".

He wants out because he's sick of losing and wants to get into the spotlight of national TV post season dramatics and highlight reels, and win a SB. He won't experience that here and he's finding that out after 6 years of trying.

Your bucket doesn't hold water. During Chad's month(s) long meltdown he has publically lobbied to be traded to teams whose won/loss record last year was far inferior to the Bengals. In fact just this week when asked about playing for a 4 win Raider franchise Chad didn't dismiss the idea. Instead, he immediately noted the size of Deangelo Hall's new contract.

Last point. During the interview Rosenhaus repeated the familiar line about how he works for his client and represents their interests alone. As a result he stated his sole responsibility was to facilitate the moves that would make his client happy. Obviously, that's trade talk. And on that front Rosenhause said he had met with the Bengals as recently as the owners meetings (Described in a Peter King article) and had spoken to them by telephone as recently as two days prior. (04/17/08)

Who's this Fredo person?

Duuuude. Godfather II. Michael Corleone finds out his brother, Fredo, was tight with the guys that tried to whack him. There is a brilliant scene where Michael tells Fredo he's dead to him. It is a freaking classic. Rent the movie. Excellente.

To be honest, I've never seen any of the Godfather movies....lol

:huh:

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Rosenhaus claimed Chad went public with his trade demands because Drew's behind the scenes effort hadn't produced anything. "The Bengals have been completely inflexible." Rosenhaus stated flatly the decision to go public was Chad's alone, and when asked if the two sides might still come together claimed he was still "working behind the scenes".

Do you really believe that Hair? I seriously have my doubts on this. Consider all his previous encounters with NFL teams management Drew has been involved in. To say he's sat on the sidelines and said nothing to his client is just unrealistic. I can't help but to laugh at the "behind the scenes" comment. Let's keep it real here bro. Rosenhaus is NEVER behind the scenes. He makes them.

OK, he wants a new contract to make more money. Chad's already made millions off of the Bengals. What's more money going to accomplish? He's made enough to live the rest of his live in royalty. Most people that win the lottery, are happy and quit their jobs. You noticed I said most not all. Some get bored not working. But they are happy with the money that they've won. Chad has made money off of the Bengals and endorsements. He doesn't need any more. I hope the Bengals stand their ground and don't give him another dime, until he fulfills his obligation to the sweet contract that he signed already.

Rosenhaus claimed Chad went public with his trade demands because Drew's behind the scenes effort hadn't produced anything. "The Bengals have been completely inflexible." Rosenhaus stated flatly the decision to go public was Chad's alone, and when asked if the two sides might still come together claimed he was still "working behind the scenes".

Do you really believe that Hair? I seriously have my doubts on this. Consider all his previous encounters with NFL teams management Drew has been involved in. To say he's sat on the sidelines and said nothing to his client is just unrealistic. I can't help but to laugh at the "behind the scenes" comment. Let's keep it real here bro. Rosenhaus is NEVER behind the scenes. He makes them.

Absolutely. Note the common denominator between the T.O. situation almost three years ago and this. It's not two brainy receivers that can fool the system. It's the 'Puppetmaster'.

OK, he wants a new contract to make more money. Chad's already made millions off of the Bengals. What's more money going to accomplish? He's made enough to live the rest of his live in royalty. Most people that win the lottery, are happy and quit their jobs. You noticed I said most not all. Some get bored not working. But they are happy with the money that they've won. Chad has made money off of the Bengals and endorsements. He doesn't need any more. I hope the Bengals stand their ground and don't give him another dime, until he fulfills his obligation to the sweet contract that he signed already.

It could be a pride thing. Maybe he thinks he's underpaid cause there's receivers who aren't as talented as him making more money. That's what TO's thing was.

Aside from that, Rosenhaus may NOT have anything to do with what Chad's doing. Chad could be calling TO and asking for advice. Afterall, this IS 2005 all over again.

Chad made it to the playoffs and COULD NOT HANDLE IT!!!!

He imploded and had a scuffle at half time.

If he contributes to this team 100% we would do better - but his me first attitude hurts the team. Any team he is or will be on.

Chad disgusts me now.

Sit and rot Chad.

No HOF for you. Your legacy will be easily forgettable.

Do you really believe that Hair? I seriously have my doubts on this. Consider all his previous encounters with NFL teams management Drew has been involved in. To say he's sat on the sidelines and said nothing to his client is just unrealistic.

Oh yeah, I have my doubts too. But I passed along what Rosenhaus said, not what I believe wholeheartedly. I'm simply not going to put words in his mouth....especially when most of the things he's said are proof that Chad's primary complaint is salary based. For me that's the key point because it relates to the Bengals level of responsibility. And on that score it should be noted Chad made over 26 million dollars in the last two seasons, and only one WR, Marvin Harrison, has been paid more than Chad over the last three years. So it's hardly suprising or out of line if the Bengals are indeed inflexible on the issue of renegotiating Chad's contract yet again....especially after last season.

As for whether Chad alone was responsible for taking his rant public, yeah...there's a long and growing history of Rosenhaus clients who adopt unprofessional behavior as a means of gaining their release from teams. That said, I have very little problem with the idea that Chad suggested or embraced the nuclear option without much prompting from others. After all, we've all seen it pay off handsomely for many players...including several of Chad's closest friends.

What's missing here is the fact Chad hasn't come out and said it's all about $. But people keep operating under the illusion players want to play here. It's not that I want to keep repeating the same rant, but Daugherty's article completely misses that point. It wasn't about money for Dillon or Spikes either.

I just don't think he would get the entire fan base to hate him over wanting a new contract. He'd have his agent do it in private and hold out of work outs by making excuses or admitting to trying to get a new deal. Surely he'd want to keep the leverage of the fan base behind him in that case. But no, he wants to make it almost impossible for the Bengals to keep him next year, and that's his objective. Get the fans to also accept the fact you want out without slamming them and being overly critical of the franchise. Just say that you want out and use management not "having your back" as the reason.

Of course he's an ego maniac and somewhat unstable personality, that comes with the territory. They can't handle players with his upside who also have his character concerns when they draft them, due to their operational problems. It happens to everbody sooner or later, but it happens here much more often than other places.

I think he's overrated at this point, but he's a great one and you can't deny that. I don't know what the Bengals' are going to do losing all these players and adding no other proven players outside of Oden to fill all of their needs.

As usual, your observations are absurd. Ocho wants out because he's sick of losing? Then why has he tried to trade himself to the Raiders and the 49ers? Are they winning? Are they close to winning? The player's own actions refute any contention that he seriously cares about winning, e.g., Chad blew up the halftime locker room when they were winning the 2005 Pittsburgh playoff game because he felt he wasn't getting the ball enough. Yeah, Ocho's a winner. And you are a breath of fresh air.

This article is pure crap. Its typical of Daugherty's usual tripe. No insight. No substantive or objective analysis.So his man crush on Ocho is unrequited? Who cares? And Daugherty thinks the Bengals should trade Ocho. Yet, the columnist doesn't show much curiousity about why Ocho wants out. Apparently no Enquirer writer has made much of an effort to find out. Where's the information? Of course, this is typical of every half-ass writer at the Enquirer during this entire off season. These guys seem to think there job entails passing on the Bengals' press releases and publishing Daugherty's occasional tiresome screed. Don't these Enquirer nitwits have any sources inside the front office?If not, why not? Aren't they supposed to be newspapermen? I want to know what, if anything, No.85 or his agent have told the team as to why the player wants out. If neither idiot has actually approached the team in private to explain the reasons for the player's discontent, I'd like to know. Apparently, Daugherty does not. Yet, not knowing what in the hell is eating away at No. 85, Daugherty thinks the player should be traded forthwith because of his puerile public tantrums. Actually, the worst thing the Bengals could do is trade away one of their alltime great players, against their will, without any coherent explanation as to why the player wants to play for any team other than the Bengals. For what its worth, I suspect No. 85's problem is that his enormous and fragile ego has been bruised by some perceived slight. Whatever it may be, it is clear that Ocho is either unwilling or incapable of a coherent articulation.

The article was about how he used to respect and admire Chad, not about why he's acting like an idiot. Who cares what Chad's pissed about? The issue is how he's going about dealing with the fact that he's pissed. The bottom line is he's acting like a 5 year old not getting his way and it's freakin retarded.