Fresh Hell

HairOnFire

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8041490?MSNHPHMA

"Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

In regard to Palmer, Johnson said, "I wish he would stay out of my business."

The Bengals have up until now indicated that they have no plans to trade Johnson. The team has not yet commented on Johnson's latest remarks."

--------------------------

If I was Carson I would tell him to get f**ked. And I would really have a hard time even looking his way during the game. He would become the league's highest paid decoy.

If I remember the Terrell/McNabb story, eventually Terrell took a swing at a teammate or got into a fight? Also trashed McNabb in public. Cincy can look forward to all of this plus more.

One thing though that is different this time around. Commish Goodell is a tougher guy than Tagliabue. He might find a way to suspend Chad for his conduct that costs Cincy no cash and Chad all of his.

You really think Emporer Goodell will help Cincy in this?? He's always had it out for the Bengals.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dillon, Pickens, Spikes, Chad, the beat rolls on. You guys act as if this is something new or unusual around here. Happens every few years with the franchise players. They want out and are tired of the losing and lack of effort.

There is absolutely nothing untrue about that, nothing at all...unfortunately.

Nothing untrue at all. Though what he'll never admit is that a big part of that lack of effort came from him.

he does tell it like it is...the bengals truly need to put a better product on the field and he is letting them know

Are you actually so blind that you don't see that he's a part of the reason they haven't been able to put a better product on the field? There are a lot of players there upset with losing. You know what they're doing? Practicing together. Trying to get better together. Watching tape. Trying to become a better team. He's the only one whining and crying about it. The only time Chad goes all out is when his number is called. He won't block. He half-ass runs routes when he's not the primary target, I don't even know why we resigned him for that long of a contract.

I respectfully disagree with you about Alexander. We've drafted some pretty good lineman while he's been here and the line has performed fairly well for the most part. Last year was bad because of injuries and having to shuffle people around and such. If Willie and Levi stay healthy this year, I think you'll see a different offense than last year.

I bet the locker room (Team) wont accept him back. He is going to be an even larger outcast than he was.

He is creating his own hell and its starting to get fun to watch.

As I said a while back. Amidst all his nonsense TO accidentally took too many pills.

Chad is in a downward spiral and the city that had his back is now against him.

What an idiot - he could have been a lifetime icon in this city - now he is just one of many.

Funny thing is he probably thinks he has a career in commentating - we all know that aint happening.

Ignorance is bliss.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8041490?MSNHPHMA

"Three-time All-Pro wide receiver Chad Johnson, who has been selected to the Pro Bowl the last five seasons, wants out of Cincinnati and will not report to any Bengals team functions.

"I want to be traded before the draft," Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton. "And if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible. I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson's comments come on the heels of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer saying that Johnson indicated he would be at Cincy's mandatory minicamp in June, Clayton reported.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals."

In regard to Palmer, Johnson said, "I wish he would stay out of my business."

The Bengals have up until now indicated that they have no plans to trade Johnson. The team has not yet commented on Johnson's latest remarks."

--------------------------

If I was Carson I would tell him to get f**ked. And I would really have a hard time even looking his way during the game. He would become the league's highest paid decoy.

If I remember the Terrell/McNabb story, eventually Terrell took a swing at a teammate or got into a fight? Also trashed McNabb in public. Cincy can look forward to all of this plus more.

One thing though that is different this time around. Commish Goodell is a tougher guy than Tagliabue. He might find a way to suspend Chad for his conduct that costs Cincy no cash and Chad all of his.

You really think Emporer Goodell will help Cincy in this?? He's always had it out for the Bengals.

I'm not saying the Commish will definitely do anything, but this guy is quicker to defend the NFL's image and Chad is a hothead who is apparently following the Terrell/Rosenhaus playbook that led to the Eagle's problems on and off the field.

Chad has to be cool over the next few months to get what he wants, Chad also has a proven track record of uncool behavior on the field and in the locker room. We'll see if he can keep this as a black eye for the Bengals instead of one for the NFL.

This will never, ever happen, but Chad wanted to go to the Fins. I say trade him for the number one pic. That way we get the 1st and 9th pick. We go Def at one and what ever we want at 9. That would shake all of the experts up. But then it'll never happen. So, keep him let him sit out. If he sits out, he doesn't get paid, his agent doesn't get paid and the Bengals save money. Plus, that'll take one more NFL year from him. He's not getting younger.

i really dont think this is a money problem...he isnt a blocker for one he is a skinny guy i dont blame him for his blocking problems...also how in the world is he part of the problem if i do recall he has put several consistent pro bowl seasons...he does his role year in and out...im a fan of every bengal until they are gone

he does tell it like it is...the bengals truly need to put a better product on the field and he is letting them know

Him shutting his piehole, working hard, helping his teammates and learning how to block (or at least catch clutch balls) would all make the Bengals a better team.

I don't understand why we want the Bengals to screw this season up. If they make Chad stay an he complains all season it's over. Then they HAVE to get rid of him for less. The best time to trade him is now. Let the NFC East get into a bidding war. I don't understand the logic.

i really dont think this is a money problem...

Do you really believe that if traded, Chad and Red House will play under the current deal? Not likely. They'll insist on, and probably get, a new deal with significant up front cash. Which pretty much destroys your theory, based on no evidence whatsoever, that Chad just wants to play on a "winner".

I don't understand why we want the Bengals to screw this season up. If they make Chad stay an he complains all season it's over. Then they HAVE to get rid of him for less. The best time to trade him is now. Let the NFC East get into a bidding war. I don't understand the logic.

You pretty much nailed it. Do we want to strike a blow for NFL management, or do we want to field the best team possible? We can win the contract law war, that is clear. I hope they are more interested in winning football games.

Let him complain all season. Go back and look at the comment Schefter pulled out of him, that he's upset that everyone thinks this is all a joke. Remember that even when TJ got him on the phone on that (nfl network or espn, I forget) interview, Housh teased him about showing up and Chad got pissy. At this point, I would say that if anything, Chad is actually uniting the team...against him. That IMO is why he's so frustrated: he's getting no support in his "campaign." Not from the fans, not from the media and not from the team. And that suggests he isn't going to have a lot of luck being a locker room cancer. Hard to be a distraction if no one agrees with you.

BTW, re questions about Chad's contract earlier, he is signed through 2010 with a team option for 2011. Anyone think the Bengals will pick that up now? I have to think not.

Thanks for finally confirming this Chad, instead of being such a p***y and beating around the bush... Now your loyal fans, like myself, can let go. If your not happy, you don't feel like the city (the team, media, and fans) have had your back, and you don't feel like this is an organization that can get you to the playoffs, FINE. I'm happy you feel that way and I support you. I'm glad another one of our star players will repeat history and call out the owner of a mediocre franchise, maybe this time MB will get the point (I doubt it).

Its like this; If your a Bengal, I love you. If your not, than f**k you. Looks like you won't be a Bengal, so I guess it's f**k you Chad.

Chad telling Carson to mind his own business is a little screwed up... I really don't think Chad has gotten over the fact that Carson called him out on national TV. He got his feelings hurt, lol. After all that Carson has went through to get healthy, all the hard work, all the dedication; I fell bad for him. Shame on Chad for being such a bitch. If he isn't dedicated enough to stick it out and better himself and help the team get better than you have to trade him. We can't afford to sit him on the bench, you just can't do that. But otoh, DO NOT let Drew dictate the trade. I garuntee if there is a trade, Chad and Drew won't allow a trade to Buffalo, Arizona, Oakland, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit and so on.

Honestly, I would love to see the Bengals sit him on the bench, but I really don't think we can afford to do this. But then again, we really can't afford to trade him either.

Look at Carson and all he's been through and then look at Chad. Its sickening! That's what pisses me off the most about this whole situation.

Could Chad still be playing hard ball to get what he wants from the Bengals? More green?

How do you like my new sig by the way?

You pretty much nailed it. Do we want to strike a blow for NFL management, or do we want to field the best team possible? We can win the contract law war, that is clear. I hope they are more interested in winning football games.

Exactly the way I feel. Principle is lovely and all but surely winning football games is the number one priority for any professional sports team?