Is the 2008 season already a loss

combatbengal

We have Chad crying about respect and money and has stated that he won't attend the voluntary offseason conditioning program. Now we have Houshmandzadeh saying the same thing. Gentlemen, you're under contract, you're part of a professional team, get your head out of your rear and act professional. Show up and do your jobs. Yes, I know it voluntary, but true leaders are there all the time. They lead from the front.

Carson, you're our QB, our offensive leader, call these two whiners up and get them straight. Do you guys want to win? Do you want to get to the playoffs? Do you want a ring? Then act like it. Crap, I don't get paid to play football, but I'll show up for the offseason conditioning program.

I’m not a team or player basher but if these two rich, pampered cry babies keep this crap up, we’ll have to change their names to Cory Dillion JR and Carl Pickens II. Where are these two guys playing in the NFL today? That’s right, they’re not.

Chad, TJ, there are a great deal of Americans who are living on the streets, not eating, cold, etc. There are Soldiers living in horrible conditions, being shot at and bombed every day to provide Americans freedom, and aren’t getting paid jack for it. Then we have the two of you, playing football, making millions of dollars, and crying about it. What’s wrong with this picture? Grow up! We’re tired of the BS. Just play football and let your agents earn their paychecks by talking to the team about your contracts. If they can't get the job done, then fire the agent.

I'm to addicted to the Bengals not to watch.

Damn, Now that's the Truth If I ever heard it...

Buy that man a beer...!

:cheers:

They are like getting stitches!!! You know it's going to hurt, yet somehow you got to watch the Dr stick the needle in you...

Relax fellas, the 2008 Bengals will be just fine.. No need to write off a season now... Who's to say the rest of the division won't blow?? :sure:

I haven't blown them off but this stuff with these rich cry babies is getting old. I'd like to see some of these guys walk in the fans shoes. See what it's like to work for a living and not make millions. Live pay check to paycheck, scrap to pay for these high gas prices, etc. It's all about the money. Well, you know Chad, you've made enough money to get by for the rest of your life. You'll never have to worry about money again. If you were to sustain an injury that ended your football career, no need to worry, because your set for life. Not the same for Bengal fans, we don't have that nest egg. We have to work. So get over yourself and just play football.

I haven't blown them off but this stuff with these rich cry babies is getting old. I'd like to see some of these guys walk in the fans shoes. See what it's like to work for a living and not make millions. Live pay check to paycheck, scrap to pay for these high gas prices, etc. It's all about the money. Well, you know Chad, you've made enough money to get by for the rest of your life. You'll never have to worry about money again. If you were to sustain an injury that ended your football career, no need to worry, because your set for life. Not the same for Bengal fans, we don't have that nest egg. We have to work. So get over yourself and just play football.

AGREED!

Yeah. You tell 'em combat! Your words, they sear AND wound.

I won't know, though, if it works, as your title to this thread has, on further reflection, caused me to swear off the Bengals until 2015.

Preach it, brother. This is exactly why free agency has ruined sports. I understand Allen Iverson, or whichever knuckhead it was that said his family needed to eat, but the system has created this problem and makes it impossible for us, the plebian fans, to bond with actual players. They will either be gone soon or make us hate them because of the whining.

Hold on there my friend... While agree the money they make is outrages, you can't believe for a second they just woke up one morning and bam, they were NFL football players??? Pretty much I'd say 95%, if not more, decided along time ago they were going to play football and began to work in the weight room, go to football camps and pretty much dedicated themselves to their dream... Don't go hating people with money because they went after a dream and succeeded... My point is this, there is alot of hardwork that goes into being successful... If you are living paycheck to paycheck maybe you shouldn't be spending your money going to a meaningless game that is played by a bunch of rich arogant people... B)

Hold on there my friend... While agree the money they make is outrages, you can't believe for a second they just woke up one morning and bam, they were NFL football players??? Pretty much I'd say 95%, if not more, decided along time ago they were going to play football and began to work in the weight room, go to football camps and pretty much dedicated themselves to their dream... Don't go hating people with money because they went after a dream and succeeded... My point is this, there is alot of hardwork that goes into being successful... If you are living paycheck to paycheck maybe you shouldn't be spending your money going to a meaningless game that is played by a bunch of rich arogant people... B)

I don't claim to speak for Combatbengal, but the point I took from his post wasn't hating on the people making the money, it's the attitude that many of them, albeit not all, take on with it. Make the money, good for you. Hard work got you there? Absolutely. But appreciate where it comes from and keep your yap shut. Gripe to management, don't flaunt it to us.

Hey, I wasn’t complaining about the money, and I don't live pay check to pay check. However, there are tons of fans out there that do. They bust their butts to make ends meet. I understand that pro athletes put a great deal of work into getting to this level. However, they've made it; they're set for live, as far as money is concerned. Enjoy the game and go out and play ball. If I was offered the minimum salary to sit the bench or carry Marvin's clip board around, I'd be a happy camper. Number one, it's a heck of a lot more money then what I make now, the work is easier, and I get to be at a pro game, sitting on the side lines every weekend. Now, somebody will read into this and think that I'm saying that my job is harder then a pro football player’s job is. I'm not saying that it is. However, I work more then 16 weeks a year, and don't get an extended vacation. Pro athletes aren't getting shot at or bombed in a foreign country, they're able to communicate with their loved ones on a daily basis, they eat what and when they want, etc. So, life really isn't that bad for these guys. Stop the crying, collect you million dollar paycheck and do your job! When I'm asked to go down range and pick up wounded Soldiers, I don't cry about the pay, and I don't worry about what branch of service the persons in. I go and help out a brother and or sister in arms. Bottom line, one team, one fight!

Hey, I wasn’t complaining about the money, and I don't live pay check to pay check. However, there are tons of fans out there that do. They bust their butts to make ends meet. I understand that pro athletes put a great deal of work into getting to this level. However, they've made it; they're set for live, as far as money is concerned. Enjoy the game and go out and play ball. If I was offered the minimum salary to sit the bench or carry Marvin's clip board around, I'd be a happy camper. Number one, it's a heck of a lot more money then what I make now, the work is easier, and I get to be at a pro game, sitting on the side lines every weekend. Now, somebody will read into this and think that I'm saying that my job is harder then a pro football player’s job is. I'm not saying that it is. However, I work more then 16 weeks a year, and don't get an extended vacation. Pro athletes aren't getting shot at or bombed in a foreign country, they're able to communicate with their loved ones on a daily basis, they eat what and when they want, etc. So, life really isn't that bad for these guys. Stop the crying, collect you million dollar paycheck and do your job! When I'm asked to go down range and pick up wounded Soldiers, I don't cry about the pay, and I don't worry about what branch of service the persons in. I go and help out a brother and or sister in arms. Bottom line, one team, one fight!
I understand where you're coming from being retired Navy myself.... I agree they should just shut their yappers and play ball... I'm sorry, I misunderstood you.. I've just heard the arguement before that I stated... If that isn't what you were implying, then my apologies... :blush:

This topic is kinda' funny, not for the obvious reasons ,like the fact that we haven't even drafted a single player yet, but because right now on the NFL Network, they are showing the " Top Ten Feuds "

So Far the Bengals have been on the list 3 times !! :lol::lol:

1. Joey Porter vs. The Bengals in '05

2. Paul Brown vs. Art Modell

3. Sam Wyche vs. Jerry Glanville

- I know we've been a bad team for a long time, but don't tell me our claim to fame will be, the Cincinnati Bengals, The team the NFL loved to hate !

I wonder if Chad vs. the Bengals will make the list once it's revised ?? :lmao::sure:

This topic is kinda' funny, not for the obvious reasons ,like the fact that we haven't even drafted a single player yet, but because right now on the NFL Network, they are showing the " Top Ten Feuds "

So Far the Bengals have been on the list 3 times !! :lol::lol:

1. Joey Porter vs. The Bengals in '05

2. Paul Brown vs. Art Modell

3. Sam Wyche vs. Jerry Glanville

- I know we've been a bad team for a long time, but don't tell me our claim to fame will be, the Cincinnati Bengals, The team the NFL loved to hate !

I wonder if Chad vs. the Bengals will make the list once it's revised ?? :lmao::sure:

Sam Wyche vs. Jerry Glanville? Crap, what about Sam Wyche vs. Cleveland?

Yeah. You tell 'em combat! Your words, they sear AND wound.

I won't know, though, if it works, as your title to this thread has, on further reflection, caused me to swear off the Bengals until 2015.

Yeah. Like that would ever happen. :rolleyes:

Did you ever play football..yes its alot of work but its nothing to cry over..its not like constantly being raped and stabbed..IT IS fun..you don't do it when your 10 because its not and you don't stick with it untill your 20 because it makes you sick. These guys somewhat enjoy playing and if they didn't they woulda stopped years ago, And if they wanted to take a look north at the CF theyd see some of the highest payed guys are getting 400 000 a year MAX. Now they should be complaining if anyone.

Thurmannation, yes I played football. All through JR high and high school. I know it's hard work. But so is becoming a doctor, a lawyer, a rancher, a Soldier, etc. Nothing in live comes easy. You're missing the point. we all agree that these guys have worked extremely hard to get to the level that their at. But they've made it. They've made enough money to ensure that they their kids and grand kids won't have to work. But, what are they doing? They're crying about it, wanting more money. Just go out and play ball. These guys make more money in one game then the most of us make in a year.

Thurmannation, yes I played football. All through JR high and high school. I know it's hard work. But so is becoming a doctor, a lawyer, a rancher, a Soldier, etc. Nothing in live comes easy. You're missing the point. we all agree that these guys have worked extremely hard to get to the level that their at. But they've made it. They've made enough money to ensure that they their kids and grand kids won't have to work. But, what are they doing? They're crying about it, wanting more money. Just go out and play ball. These guys make more money in one game then the most of us make in a year.

Thats exactly what i said im saying they SHOULDNT be complaining about there pay cheque, i mean s**t the guy sitting on the bench for the dolphins this past year probably made 3x me.

Did you ever play football..yes its alot of work but its nothing to cry over..its not like constantly being raped and stabbed..IT IS fun..you don't do it when your 10 because its not and you don't stick with it untill your 20 because it makes you sick. These guys somewhat enjoy playing and if they didn't they woulda stopped years ago, And if they wanted to take a look north at the CF theyd see some of the highest payed guys are getting 400 000 a year MAX. Now they should be complaining if anyone.

What are you talking about?? Your post in confusing as heck.. If you asking if I played football?? Yes I did, I actually played till I was 30.. That doesn't make a person an expert on football though..

What are you talking about?? Your post in confusing as heck.. If you asking if I played football?? Yes I did, I actually played till I was 30.. That doesn't make a person an expert on football though..

What im trying to say is this game is FUN to play, its not even work (at least i wouldn't consider it work) and these guys complain about there pay cheques like i complain when they f**k up my order at McDonalds. They have ZERO reason to be complaining about a pay cheque because theres thousands of people that would give there right hand to take a snap on Monday night. Finally I really don't understand how anyone can back these guys up by saying "they just want to have enough to provide for there children's children's children". This isnt the case boys, they could do that with 5 million invested properly, THESE guys want that extra 4 mill on the contract cause they want another 2 vipers and a new mansion in Miami to stay at sometimes.