Chad Johnson

HoosierCat

Slow news day...figured we needed another Chad Johnson thread...:lol:

Degree for Men Resumes '24'-Inspired Webisode Series

M&V: Bengals' Chad Johnson Stars in 2nd Season of Short Action Films

By Jack Neff

Published: March 17, 2008

BATAVIA, Ohio (AdAge.com) -- Fans of pulse-pounding, kneecap-shattering, finger-breaking action can rejoice. The wait for season seven of Fox's "24" may seem as long as a stay at Guantanamo Bay, but Unilever and Degree for Men antiperspirant are coming to the rescue.

Degree is breaking the second year of its "24"-inspired webisode series "The Rookie" today in conjunction with the News Corp. network. The launch comes more than nine months before the series is set to resume in January, helping to fill a void left by what will be an 18-month hiatus, said Sam Chadha, marketing director for North American deodorants at Unilever.

'Agent Ocho'

The branded-entertainment series "The Rookie: Day 3 Extraction" continues the story of Counter Terrorism Unit rookie Jason Blaine and adds some new talent to the lineup. Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson, who's been a Degree pitchman for two years and appeared in brand ads since last fall, will play "Agent Ocho" in the series of six weekly three-minute shows.

Mr. Johnson styled himself "ocho cinco" in 2006 as a Spanish-language reference to his uniform number, 85. While he has been a subject of controversy in Cincinnati in recent months over reports he wants to be traded, his commitment to the Degree team has only deepened.

Mr. Johnson "embodies a lot of what the brand stands for in terms of men who take risks," Mr. Chadha said. "This is a fun way of bringing [the two campaigns] together. We thought it would be a great way to broaden the appeal by bringing fans of Chad to '24' and vice versa."

Additional distribution

The "Rookie" program, created and produced by WPP Group's MindShare Entertainment, New York, and Science & Fiction, adds new distribution outlets in year two as well. Besides being available on DegreeRookie.com, it will also be available on Comcast on Demand starting March 17 and DirecTV starting April 7. TV ads from MindShare to run on the Comcast and DirecTV systems will promote the series.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=125753

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's a deodorant commercial, I think you have to stick with Ocho Stinko, right?
More like "Ocho Bambino"...... I like Chad and I didn't mind the dancing, because it meant we scored,

but it's time to grow-up and I'm hoping that when we start winning alot this next season he shuts up and plays

ball with the rest of the team...

Since it's a deodorant commercial, I think you have to stick with Ocho Stinko, right?
More like "Ocho Bambino"...... I like Chad and I didn't mind the dancing, because it meant we scored,

but it's time to grow-up and I'm hoping that when we start winning alot this next season he shuts up and plays

ball with the rest of the team...

Ol' Drew has really helped Chad's extra-curricular career out. Armpit deodorant commercials. What's next, the Massengill douche for men?

Per Curnutte...disappointingly little hell...

Chad tones down comments

Largely quiet since the week prior to the Super Bowl, Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson appeared late this morning on ESPN2's "First Take."

Asked several times by host Jay Crawford where he would be playing next season, Johnson said, "I want to continue my career where I can win a playoff game and get to the Super Bowl."

Asked if the Bengals were that team, Johnson said, "I'm not sure."

The venom of national broadcast and radio interviews in January and February was gone in Johnson's tone. He said he wanted to play somewhere else and said he was unfairly targeted as the primary reason the team struggled to a 7-9 finish, its first sub-.500 season since 2002.

"My focus is not on football now," he said. "I don't start working out on my own until April."

The Bengals will start their offseason strength and conditioning program Monday at Paul Brown Stadium. The date is March 24.

Johnson also said he has not spoken to Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis or anyone else in the organization since the end of the season.

Earlier this month, former Bengals defensive lineman Shaun Smith -- during an appearance at a Cleveland Browns Backers meeting in Maryland -- said Johnson punched Lewis at halftime of the Bengals wildcard playoff loss in January 2006.

"It was an incident that did happen," Johnson said on ESPN2 this morning. "No punches were thrown. I was unhappy with the first half. We were winning. My frustration was out of place. I had to be reatrained (by Lewis and former Bengals wide receivers coach Hue Jackson)."

Johnson's appearance was designed to promote his role in an Internet drama called "The Rookie," in which he plays a character named Agent Ocho.

http://www.fox.com/24/degreerookie/index.htm

I'm guessing we just got a preview of why Chad is making the rounds again....as a leather jacket clad Agent Ocho was just on ESPN's First Take promoting the series of 3-minute webcasts he's doing for Degree. If I have time after work I'll transcribe the highlites of his interview with Jay Crawford.

But in brief....

Chad was asked about the cause of his frustration and he pointed to the offense being "a little bit off last season. All season." He then admitted that his play was off, saying..."I had a bad season. I played badly."

Asked what Chad wanted he answered..."a chance to win a playoff game and go to the Super Bowl." Asked if that was still possible in Cincinnati Chad stated he didn't know.

Asked about his relationship with Marvin Lewis Chad stated that he hadn't spoken to him since the last game of the season. Perhaps sensing that this sounded a bit harsh Chad then added that he hadn't spoken to anyone on the Bengals since the end of the season.

Chad admitted that there was an incident during halftime of the Bengal/Steeler playoff game, but said there was no punch thrown. He admitted his outburst was unprofessional ("We were winning at the time...") and that he had to be restrained, first by Marvin, and then by Hue Jackson. But Chad claimed if he had thrown a punch he would have been cut or released on the spot. When Crawford asked him a second time if he had thrown a punch Chad scowled and said..."Get real."

Asked about the coming draft and what the Bengals might do Chad stumbled a bit searching for an answer before offering the opinion that the Bengals would probably look for a couple receivers late in the draft...with almost all of the early picks being devoted to defense.

The interview then shifted gears and concentrated on Chad's acting ability.....prompting me to lose interest.

:lol:

Maybe since Jason Taylor is going to be on Dancing with the Stars, Chad can be the celebrity du jour and make the rounds on the reality TV circuit. I'd love to see Simon Cowell rip into Chad!

Or maybe Stacey and Clinton could start a new show with Chad and call it "What Not to Say."

Hmm, he wants to win a Superbowl and go to the playoffs? He isn't sure if the Bengals will ever get there again while he's here?

We don't need players with those kind of standards here, this is the Bengals damnit.

I'm glad I can tell you were being sarcastic, because he feels the same as most of us fans do... We just don't know.

I like our chances in making the playoffs next year though, he should be a little bit more positive.

Was it just me that heard this? Did Chad say he'd rather play Arena football than play for the Bengals?

I'm done with Chad. I've defended him for years, but this off-season has pushed me over the edge personally.

Send him packing, and quick. The morale on this team will get a lot better at least.

Asked about his relationship with Marvin Lewis Chad stated that he hadn't spoken to him since the last game of the season. Perhaps sensing that this sounded a bit harsh Chad then added that he hadn't spoken to anyone on the Bengals since the end of the season.

I find this just a bit disingenuous. Are we being asked to believe that he has not talked to TJ since the season ended? Went to the ProBowl, where as I understand at least a few Bengals were in attendance and did not talk to anyone?

Or are we just talking, in general, about the staff and coaches.

To me, this is just more of the same. Basically it is a vote of "No confidence" from CJ about the Bengals. If I were an OL or Carson or TJ I'd take serious offense to him saying he was not sure they could win.

Once again, F chad and his public whinging, "daddy didn't love me" pity act. Does anyone really feel sorry for him?

Mark the date, the CJ tumor is malignant.

Maybe it was just me; but I didn't hear Chad whining in any of this, I'm really starting to believe some of the posters on here are looking for things to bash Chad about. I, myself will bash Chad when he needs to be bashed but this is not one of those times in my opinion. Do all of you think this team as it stands now can get to the SuperBowl after the way last year looked. I don't unless Zimmer can drastically improve the Defense. I believe Chad's saying I'm not sure is talking about the way the team currently stands and before seeing the D this offseason in camp.

Was it just me that heard this? Did Chad say he'd rather play Arena football than play for the Bengals?

No, he said it. But because the remark can't be taken seriously I didn't think it was worth repeating.

Look, Chad's an idiot and because that's true it's unreasonable to assume he's not going to say idiotic things constantly, sometimes with a nod and a wink, and other times in absolute seriousness. I considered the Arena remark to be an example of the former.

FWIW I agree with the opinion previously expressed about things being toned down and less confrontational. In fact, Chad spent much of the interview admitting his past failings.

So there's that.

Now let's see what happens tonight on Total Access. My concern centers on Chad's friendly relationship with Rich Eisen, and his inability to notice when he's being baited.

I'm done with Chad. I've defended him for years, but this off-season has pushed me over the edge personally.

Send him packing, and quick. The morale on this team will get a lot better at least.

Now hold on just a minute there, Scooter....if you just wait a few minutes, Agreen will tell us all how this is a sign that we are going to the Superbowl with Chad in all his glory leading the way. He'll explain how great Chad is and how lucky we are to have him on our team. And that will clear it all up for you, just like it does for the rest of us

Now hold on just a minute there, Scooter....if you just wait a few minutes, Agreen will tell us all how this is a sign that we are going to the Superbowl with Chad in all his glory leading the way. He'll explain how great Chad is and how lucky we are to have him on our team. And that will clear it all up for you, just like it does for the rest of us

I mean, Kurt Warner played in the arena league....

I love that in one sentence Chad says he wants to win playoff games and the Super Bowl, but the Bengals might not be able to get him there...then in the next sentence he admits that the last playoff game he was in he threw a temper tantrum and need to be restrained at half-time while we were winning the game.

I think Chad is really, really, reallty, really stupid. He doesnt see the connection between his disruptive, me-first attitude and the Bengals not winning playoff games and the Super Bowl.

I also think that Chad's trade demands are 100% about money and 0% about how he was treated by the Bengals. Over the next 4 years, Larry Fitzgerald will make twice as much money as Chad. He knows that he signed a s**tty deal and cant get out of it until 2012 (i think) unless he is traded where he will have leverage to renegotiate.

Now you all, stop panicking, Agreen will explain how in 2008, Arena League teams are eligible for the Superbowl, so simmer down

Your such a funny guy... Someone with your sense of humor should be able to realize Chad wasn't speaking the truth, but really he was just saying it (that he'd rather play Arena) to get a kick out of the reaction by people like you. Where's your sense of humor? Chad kids, he kids!

I love that in one sentence Chad says he wants to win playoff games and the Super Bowl, but the Bengals might not be able to get him there...then in the next sentence he admits that the last playoff game he was in he threw a temper tantrum and need to be restrained at half-time while we were winning the game.

I think Chad is really, really, reallty, really stupid. He doesnt see the connection between his disruptive, me-first attitude and the Bengals not winning playoff games and the Super Bowl.

I also think that Chad's trade demands are 100% about money and 0% about how he was treated by the Bengals. Over the next 4 years, Larry Fitzgerald will make twice as much money as Chad. He knows that he signed a s**tty deal and cant get out of it until 2012 (i think) unless he is traded where he will have leverage to renegotiate.

So basically your saying that because of Chad's me-first attitude the Bengals can't win a playoff game? Yeah... That's it :huh:

There is a difference... Arizona signed a FOOLISH contract with Fitz. Many WR's are jealous, including Chad.

The Bengals will be a playoff team again before Arizona even gets close... Winning teams, playoff teams, couldn't afford to pay Chad that kind of money. Both Chad and Rosenhaus know that.