ESPN2 Reporting trade talks with Redskins

duus

Just saw it this morning on ESPN2 during the regular updates. Although they did not cite any such discussions that included the Bengals, they were claiming 'talks' between Chad's agent and the Redskins.

Personally, I'm so tired of all of this, I find myself now wondering what draft picks, etc the Redskins might have to offer. Heck, Snyder hasn't proven too smart in the past so maybe we could actually be on the winning side of such a deal. Dare to dream.

If Chad agrees to a new deal w/ the redskins before the trade, would it relieve us of our cap hit or at least weaken the impact. Could he work out a deal that would redo his contract in order to get another contract from another team therefor weakening our cap hit. I've been supporting keeping Chad but if we can get a 1st and a third, i say we go for it. We have Henry who is always a risk to get in trouble but he is supposedly a great teammate on the field (Chads problem) and we have TJ breaking out. Henry would create just as much attention as Chad and TJ could continue to do his thing. We could draft a top tier LB and DE or use our extra picks to move up and snag Dorsey,Ellis or Gholston which would instantly improve our Defense.

If Chad agrees to a new deal w/ the redskins before the trade, would it relieve us of our cap hit or at least weaken the impact. Could he work out a deal that would redo his contract in order to get another contract from another team therefor weakening our cap hit. I've been supporting keeping Chad but if we can get a 1st and a third, i say we go for it. We have Henry who is always a risk to get in trouble but he is supposedly a great teammate on the field (Chads problem) and we have TJ breaking out. Henry would create just as much attention as Chad and TJ could continue to do his thing. We could draft a top tier LB and DE or use our extra picks to move up and snag Dorsey,Ellis or Gholston which would instantly improve our Defense.

Personally, I am liking this potential more and more. Heck, we would get the added pleasure of taking somebody right in front of the Steelers in the first round this year. I can see it ... we take that LB or DE we need with our first pick, then jump on the OL right before the Steelers. That would make for a really good day one for me. ;)

Also ... makes me start to wonder who is out there in terms of 'sleeper receivers' in free agency. I haven't considered this and now wonder what might exist, if anything.

1st and second.... Done!!

1st and third? not so sure. He is a special player that can alter the game. How many 1st rounders wash out to find a break-out reciever..

You also have to grade Henry on what defense is playing him. How will he do if he is at the X spot with the other teams best corner or help over the top? For that matter, How would TJ do at that spot?

I drink the koolaid on a regular basis, but lets not be foolish and trade away one of the few game breakers, and assume his shoes will easily be filled, and that the picks gained have no chance of washing out... Saying all that, Chad is money hungry, and what will ever be enough? How much $ and eqo love will ever make Chad happy? If we are sick of this, I can't imagine how the other players can watch TV. How about if one of your co-workers acted out like this? It would make me not want that individual around..

I'm sorry, but when has Chad been a game breaker? You know who always gets the ball in the clutch? TJ. Almost every time. The only real thing Chad is good for is drawing double coverage and opening the passing lanes for other receivers. IF we could establish a running game, we wouldn't hafta worry about the defense dropping so many guys back into coverage.

I'm sorry, but when has Chad been a game breaker? You know who always gets the ball in the clutch? TJ. Almost every time. The only real thing Chad is good for is drawing double coverage and opening the passing lanes for other receivers. IF we could establish a running game, we wouldn't hafta worry about the defense dropping so many guys back into coverage.

Or use the extra 3rd on a pass catching TE like Brad Cottam.

1st and second.... Done!!

1st and third? not so sure. He is a special player that can alter the game. How many 1st rounders wash out to find a break-out reciever..

You also have to grade Henry on what defense is playing him. How will he do if he is at the X spot with the other teams best corner or help over the top? For that matter, How would TJ do at that spot?

I drink the koolaid on a regular basis, but lets not be foolish and trade away one of the few game breakers, and assume his shoes will easily be filled, and that the picks gained have no chance of washing out... Saying all that, Chad is money hungry, and what will ever be enough? How much $ and eqo love will ever make Chad happy? If we are sick of this, I can't imagine how the other players can watch TV. How about if one of your co-workers acted out like this? It would make me not want that individual around..

Yes losing Chad will hurt this year, no doubt about it. But we're in a rebuilding year anyway with a defense to build, an Oline that needs a new key part, broken down running game to fix too. Getting a 1st along with a 2ed or 3rd would shorten the rebuilding by 1 year. However, this is just someone blowing smoke, this trade is too good to be true.

Chad is a field stretching receiver but he is not a go to ,game changing receiver.

Therefore just a first rounder alone for chad straight up would be a great deal that would be hard to pass up.

But,a first and a second or a first and a third would be grand larceny !!!

And,I say driver move that bus !!!

DING DING DING!!

Chad is a field stretching receiver but he is not a go to ,game changing receiver.

Therefore just a first rounder alone for chad straight up would be a great deal that would be hard to pass up.

But,a first and a second or a first and a third would be grand larceny !!!

And,I say driver move that bus !!!

Indeed.

Nice avatar btw. B)

Cottam isn't a pass catching TE, he's a blocking TE. Rucker or Davis would be examples of pass catchers.

We should try to get Chad to repay his remaining signing bonus as part of the deal, with Snyder reimbursing Chad in the new contract. That would help our cap situation both this year and in the future and would basically pay for a short length new deal for TJ and an extension for Henry.

Last I checked Redskins are deep in the red regarding salary cap, something like $15,000,000 OVER the cap. They can't afford Chad.

Then perhaps it will be a player for player(s) type of deal instead? ;)

Santana Moss and a 2nd?

I'd trade him for some Santana... I like the old stuff, like Black Magic Woman but have heard some pretty decent new stuf as well. This one is kinda cool... featuring the lead singer of Nickelback. Solid guitar by Santana, maybe not Pro Bowl caliber but it's pretty good.

I'd trade him for some Santana... I like the old stuff, like Black Magic Woman but have heard some pretty decent new stuf as well. This one is kinda cool... featuring the lead singer of Nickelback. Solid guitar by Santana, maybe not Pro Bowl caliber but it's pretty good.

Dude...that ROCKED! A great change of pace for this forum!

As long as it's not that crap he did with the douchebag from Matchbox 20. I'm sure he'd like to forget about that little episode.

Black Magic Woman is the s**t.