Zampese to Rams?

HoosierCat

i would bet money chow won't take anything less than an offensive coordinator position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get one of the few college head coaching jobs available.

i would bet money chow won't take anything less than an offensive coordinator position. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get one of the few college head coaching jobs available.

But what GOOD coaching positions are still available? Chow was a big time coaching candidate when he took the Titans job and he got killed by having a Vince Young QB without any good receivers. Vince Young was not the right kind of QB for the type of system that Chow runs. Chow's offense requires a strong running game with an accurate in the pocket passer. Throw in a great all-around offense threat and you get what USC's offense was. Honestly his best fit would have been probably KC's job but that was given to Chan Gailey. Do the Lions still need an Offensive Coordinator? Chow would poop a brick if he got that job.

• 2 weeks later...

From Curnutte's blog, it appears that Ken Zampese will not be offered the Rams OC job. I assume that he will remain with the Bengals but I don't know what that means for Hue Jackson.

"Monday, January 28, 2008

Zampese likely to stay

Former Washington Redskins offensive coordinator Al Saunders has moved to the head of the class for the same job with the Rams, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has reported.

The Redskins parted ways with Saunders and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams over the weekend, in the wake of the retirement of Joe Gibbs as head coach.

Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese and former Bengals wide receivers coach Hue Jackson had been the only candidates for the Rams coordinators job to interview with head coach Scott Linehan.

Jackson spend 2007 as Atlanta Falcons coordinator, and he would like to stay in a play-calling position in the NFL. The Bengals would like to bring him back as receivers coach."

From Curnutte's blog, it appears that Ken Zampese will not be offered the Rams OC job. I assume that he will remain with the Bengals but I don't know what that means for Hue Jackson.

Oh, well.

Per PFT today, Hue is interviewing for the OC job in Miami.

Oh, well.

Miami would then not only be Chad's hometown, it would also have an offense run by Chad's favorite feel-better-person. The plot thickens.

One giant obstacle remains: Bill Parcells is not stupid.

Oh, well.

Miami would then not only be Chad's hometown, it would also have an offense run by Chad's favorite feel-better-person. The plot thickens.

One giant obstacle remains: Bill Parcells is not stupid.

HOWEVER, Keyshawn has a serious man crush on the Tuna. Maybe, Chad's of a kind with Keyshawn?

People are forgetting one thing. The Bengals are still on the hook for Chad's bonus for a while. So unless Tuna blows them away, I doubt Chad goes anywhere soon. After all we turned down 7 picks for the 3rd pick overall in 1999. What makes anyone believe that MB would give Chad up for a 2nd or a 3rd? Or even a 1st?

People are forgetting one thing. The Bengals are still on the hook for Chad's bonus for a while. So unless Tuna blows them away, I doubt Chad goes anywhere soon. After all we turned down 7 picks for the 3rd pick overall in 1999. What makes anyone believe that MB would give Chad up for a 2nd or a 3rd? Or even a 1st?

great point ! I find it interesting people think the team can depend on Cheech but yet are so quick to throw Odell under the bus. Henry could'nt hold Chads jockstrap.

Back to the topic why would the Bengals have talked to Jackson about either Rec or QB coach wouldn't that be like being demoted? You think maybe they talked to him about the OC job it would seem to make more sense or maybe him being the Qb coach with assurances he'd become the OC next year? I just dont get it

The plot thickens.

Oh, something's getting thick around here all right... :horse: ...watch yer step.

Yea, I sure am stupid for noticing that our number 1 receiver is openly asking another team's GM to trade for him. And then, in an even dumber move, I notice that the number one receiver's favorite coach is interviewing for a job on the team he is publicly courting. Yep, pure horses**t.