Robinson Clears out Locker.

Bengals1

From the Enquirer:

END OF YEAR: Defensive end Bryan Robinson, one of the Bengals' unrestricted free agents come March, cleaned out his locker Thursday - something players usually wait until the day after the season to do. He also had two footballs he asked teammates to sign.

I have no love for Robinson, another FA signing that never really panned out IMO, but nevertheless I don't care for this. It reminds me of the days back in the '90s when players would give up 2 or 3 games before the end of the season and acted as if they couldn't wait to get the hell out of Dodge the moment the final gun sounded. <_<

Let's face it, the Bengal/Dolphin tilt is a classic U-Haul game. Most players will shower after the game holding laminated maps, searching for the quickest route away from the stadium. Others will delay their exit only long enough to steal towels, office supplies, and coffee cups.

As for Robinson, I've yet to read a single article or post that projects him to be with this team next season, and if pressed to write one myself it would be limited to a scenario where Robinson agrees to play a backup role while earning the veteran minimum. And under that scenario I picture Robinson choosing retirement OR agreeing to those terms somewhere else.

In short, I see this as the first act of bloodletting, and I welcome it.

From the Enquirer:

END OF YEAR: Defensive end Bryan Robinson, one of the Bengals' unrestricted free agents come March, cleaned out his locker Thursday - something players usually wait until the day after the season to do. He also had two footballs he asked teammates to sign.

I have no love for Robinson, another FA signing that never really panned out IMO, but nevertheless I don't care for this. It reminds me of the days back in the '90s when players would give up 2 or 3 games before the end of the season and acted as if they couldn't wait to get the hell out of Dodge the moment the final gun sounded. <_<

..and this was our "humanitirian player of the year", hmmn...

Step in the right direction. He's just the first step in my opinion !!!

Yes, I agree. However, my point is that I don't like the "Last man off the roster turn out the lights" attitude it shows. It's like he anxious to get out of there. Smacks to much of the '90s for me.

Exactly. "Get me out of here now, I would rather have my things packed so I don't have to come back here after the game again....ever." The issue isn't whether he's a good player or not.

But they'll go where they get paid. That's what it's about here in Cincy, "getting paid." Not much else. No more checks for Robinson, no more trips to PBS, literally.

Hobson better go get his Willie "Fat Burger" Anderson spin interview quick before the fans start to think there's something amiss in the locker room.

Who really gives a sh*t if this piece of crap clears out his locker ?? I could care less what his action "may" be sending to others, as I wasn't thinking he was coming back next season anyway. If you are really that concerned with what one Bryan Robinson does with his locker belongings, there are bigger issues. I'm hoping someone TOLD his stupidass to clear his stuff out !!! Another "great" FA signing that did NOTHING for the Bengals !!! Buh Bye !!!

WHODEY !!!

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, BR.

Guy's failed to impress at any point. Makes Thornton look useful which is a special talent. Why don't we have useful DTs? Oh, right, haven't drafted one high in living memory.

Yup. I've never been a B-flop fan, but in all fairness to him and his oxygen tent, he was just another in a line of Aging Vet DTs signed by the Bengals. Anyone who expected him to be anything more than a role player was fooling themselves. In short, the problem wasn't B-rob, it was (and remains) the front office who signed him.

The real question here is, will Mikey boy hire an armed guard that will be doing strip searches at the door to make sure the departing players aren't stealing towels as they walk out the door for the last time...

What respectable player would want a "Property of the Cincinnati Bengals" towel hanging in their boudoir? :wacko: