OUR FREAKING TEAM AND WHY I DON'T LIKE THEM

Sundance_Kid

Shaun Smith, who i'm sure is friends with all the guys, etc.,etc.

says what he says, (check hobsons article)

and instead of turning into a motivational tool, when he takes personal shots at people like chad (either rightly or wrongly)

and all our guys say

"OHHHHHHHH, THAT'S JUST SHAUN BEING SHAUN.... tee hee tee hee... he f**ked my girlfriend and my mother.... THAT'S JUST SHAUN BEING SHAUN"

f**k HIM, seriously, f**k HIM

btw, Carson would normally be better, but our O-Line is atrocious this year.... if they can't Run Block, then they sure can't Pass block very well..... or not in the manner or orientation Carson needs to feel confident or get in rhythm, which is all a elite QB needs..... oh and 8 possessions doesnt' help in the rhythm department either.....

I want the days of him being top 3, battling for top 1 to be back :(

and instead of turning into a motivational tool, when he takes personal shots at people like chad (either rightly or wrongly)

and all our guys say

"OHHHHHHHH, THAT'S JUST SHAUN BEING SHAUN.... tee hee tee hee... he f**ked my girlfriend and my mother.... THAT'S JUST SHAUN BEING SHAUN"

Jesus dude. The Cincinnati Bengals are NOT dependant on what someone has written in an article for motivation. That comes from within the organization. Trouble is that Marvin and his staff have obviously dropped the ball there too, as was obvious in the 'Niners game.

I think Marvin's old shovel he used to use for this purpose is now buried deep in his a**. Honestly I've seen few head coaches as completely lost as Marvin Lewis now seems. :(

btw, Carson would normally be better, but our O-Line is atrocious this year.... if they can't Run Block, then they sure can't Pass block very well.....

Actually, our pass blocking has been damned good this year. But as damned good our pass blocking is, the run blocking has been atrocious. But I can't give a free pass to Palmer based on pass blocking. I'm not seeing that argument. Though I do feel your frustration.

Actually, our pass blocking has been damned good this year.

I don't know about that. Pass blocking has been OK, but not great. I think Carson's damned good at knowing when to get rid of the ball and that makes the line look better than it is.

As for the passing game's troubles, I think Carson doesn't trust Chad to catch the ball or make the right read, and that's got him constantly second guessing himself whenever he goes to Chad.

Carson looks fine when he throws to TJ, who's headed to Hawaii pretty soon.

Pass blocking has been OK, but not great. I think Carson's damned good at knowing when to get rid of the ball and that makes the line look better than it is.

But isn't that the point of the quarterback, though? He has had plenty of time to throw the ball. I'll give you that Palmer does force the ball out into coverage, before he should, so he doesn't get sacked. Sadly, that hasn't worked out to our advantage either.

As for the passing game's troubles, I think Carson doesn't trust Chad to catch the ball or make the right read, and that's got him constantly second guessing himself whenever he goes to Chad.

Ludwig said one time this month during a radio interview that Palmer has been looking down his receiver for too long... not really checking off and giving defenses more clues to where T.J. and Chad will be. Hence why our offensive line has played so well, having to protect a quarterback that's waiting for one of two receivers to get open.

Ludwig said one time this month during a radio interview that Palmer has been looking down his receiver for too long... not really checking off and giving defenses more clues to where T.J. and Chad will be. Hence why our offensive line has played so well, having to protect a quarterback that's waiting for one of two receivers to get open.

Isn't it odd how often complimentary players have emerged....only to be ignored just as quickly.

Think about it. When Henry was suspended the Bengals offense struggled as it searched for a 3rd wideout. Finally, Glen Holt emerges, plays well for a week or two....then disapppears. Antonio Chatman then steps up for a game or two....then fades just as quickly. In both examples the players disappear...not because they fail to produce when called upon, but because they no longer get opportunities. Chances dry up. Even stranger, Henry finally returns to his old role, blows up in a big way for two weeks, and then fades as quickly as the others, and for the same reason. His opportunites grow fewer with each week. And the same things are seen in the running game. Kenny Watson blows up and then blows away. DeDe Dorsey briefly excites and then exits.

[voice trails off]

I don't know about that. Pass blocking has been OK, but not great. I think Carson's damned good at knowing when to get rid of the ball and that makes the line look better than it is.

Carson looks fine when he throws to TJ, who's headed to Hawaii pretty soon.

While watching the game last week, I noticed that the problems Chad and Carson are having reading the defense the same way, is just as much Carson's fault as Chad's. Even Prime Time was making comments on how Carson was not throwing to the right spot on a few occassions. Carson and TJ also were not on the same page on a few pass plays too. That has got to be fixed in the offseason, or next year will be alot of the same. My problem with Chad is his costly drops during games.

Isn't it odd how often complimentary players have emerged....only to be ignored just as quickly.

Think about it. When Henry was suspended the Bengals offense struggled as it searched for a 3rd wideout. Finally, Glen Holt emerges, plays well for a week or two....then disapppears. Antonio Chatman then steps up for a game or two....then fades just as quickly. In both examples the players disappear...not because they fail to produce when called upon, but because they no longer get opportunities. Chances dry up. Even stranger, Henry finally returns to his old role, blows up in a big way for two weeks, and then fades as quickly as the others, and for the same reason. His opportunites grow fewer with each week. And the same things are seen in the running game. Kenny Watson blows up and then blows away. DeDe Dorsey briefly excites and then exits.

[voice trails off]

Absolutely. There is no continuity whatsoever. Frosty actually shows up one week & makes some plays, only to be deactivated the following week. I wish I could tell DeDe who to blow to get some more touches, but at this point I have no idea.

and all our guys say

f**k HIM, seriously, f**k HIM

btw, Carson would normally be better, but our O-Line is atrocious this year.... if they can't Run Block, then they sure can't Pass block very well..... or not in the manner or orientation Carson needs to feel confident or get in rhythm, which is all a elite QB needs..... oh and 8 possessions doesnt' help in the rhythm department either.....

I want the days of him being top 3, battling for top 1 to be back :(

I know the Steelers would be ready to knock his and everyones block off, if someone challenged them... I hate the Steelers, but they are a tough minded team for the most part and they try and translate that to their play... Obviously, they felt it themselves when Smith opened his mouth and the Pats pummeled them... For the most part though, I wish we could get that mind set in Cincy...

Frosty actually shows up one week & makes some plays

Frostee shows up to pick up his check, that's about it.

His "career game" was on Nov 11 vs the Ravens, a game where the Ravens did everything in their power to give the win away. He had 4 tackles. Wow. Reserve a spot in next year's Pro Bowl, fellas, here he comes........