Could we be lucky enough...?

JaxonFord87

I don't want to even think about this until after the Steelers game. If the Bengals manage to win in Pittsburgh again, then this really becomes a realistic possibility. 9-7 may barely squeak out a playoff berth if Tennessee continues to struggle and the Browns slow down (we'd definitely have to beat them too). 8-8 won't do it.

I have to agree. Let's not put the cart before the horse. The Bengals will have to show so marbles in the next game. They have won 2 straight @ Pittsburgh and the Steelers will be coming off of a short week, and the Bengals finally had a good game, but I was hopeful against the Cardinals. This is definitely the best the Bengals have looked all season. Chris Henry will be there, the defense is playing twice as good as when they played before and they will be big underdogs. All of that helps our boys. Look at us. Reeled in again.

They f**ked it up with the Arizona loss last week. Hell, with the Buffalo and KC losses. And the Cleveland loss.

No, they are too far back. And too f**ked in the tie-breakers. And have no one to blame but themselves.

I don't want to even think about this until after the Steelers game. If the Bengals manage to win in Pittsburgh again, then this really becomes a realistic possibility.

"Realistic possibility" might be a bit strong. If they beat Pitt, I'd say the playoffs go from "pipe dream" to "passing thought." Here's how the race stacks up right now:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Pitt will pound Miami tonight, pushing them to 8 wins. That means both they and the Jags need just 2 of the last 5 to get to 10 wins and come out ahead of the Bengals. And the Jags have gimmes vs. Carolina and Oakland, while Pitt still gets to play St. Louis and Baltimore.

Cleveland needs 3 wins to ensure we couldn't possibly interfere with them, and they have AZ, the Jets, Buff, us and Frisco left. The way they are playing they probably get 3 of those.

Then of course, we have to hope none of the teams above us but still out of the race get hot. There the Bengals have a spot of luck since the two with tiebreakers over them, KC and Buffalo, seem the least likely to get on a run.

But the bottom line is that the chances of making the playoffs even if the bengals do run the table are in the "slim to none" category.

I don't want to even think about this until after the Steelers game. If the Bengals manage to win in Pittsburgh again, then this really becomes a realistic possibility. 9-7 may barely squeak out a playoff berth if Tennessee continues to struggle and the Browns slow down (we'd definitely have to beat them too). 8-8 won't do it.

Heck, I'm thinking about it. In fact, I think it perfectly coincides with the team's born-again attitude. And honestly, if we don't win Sunday, we won't be talking about our unlikely outside shot at the playoffs anyway. So now is the time to do it. Think of it this way if anything else: we at least breached the topic of playoffs entering week 13.

It's not like you're going to find yourself disappointed suddenly if they don't win out and make the playoffs, is it? After what we've gone through? :D

If this becomes more of a possibility closer to the end of the season then it would worth talking about, but with Pittsburgh still waiting, this becomes quite the task. Anything is possible, but it's still not looking great...

WHODEY !!!

Here's something interesting. If the Bengals lose to Pittsburgh, and it's discovered after the season that that loss was the final straw of missing the playoffs, then the Steelers will have eliminated the Bengals either in the playoffs or regular season for a third straight season.

God, I hate them.

You all live in a imiganary world. Keep dreaming. In the meantime Im going to be productive and go rake my leaves or something.

Remember theres a fine line between being optimistic and being insane.

Thank you. I live in So Cal so I don't have any leaves to rake. Do palm fronds count? B)