Chick Ludwig v. Marvin Lewis

mgilgris

Not sure if you guys heard it, but finally a reporter not afraid of getting black balled by the team stepped up and shot back at one of Marvins not so quick witted comments.

Dont get me wrong, I still root for Marvin, and hope he can turn it back around, but there is nothing worse than him in a press conference making excuses and telling the fans how dumb they are.

Good work Chick.

If you want to hear it check out lance's blog

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

I would agree but listening to day in and day out excuses combined with his comments as to the lack of knowledge of anyone who is not a football coach upset me as a fan.

Press conferences are to inform, better to not have them than to just joke (bad jokes) your way through them.

Last time I checked, football can be played by youngsters. Football coaches do not need any degree yet somehow the very people that are contributing to paying their salaries are not smart enough to know what is going on. Yes we are not breaking down film, yes we are not there day in and day out with all the facts but we are the ones they are playing for so don't tell the fans (through the media) that they are uneducated on a game that is strictly X's and O's.

I wouldn't walk across a room to hear Chick Ludwig's opinion, and for those who bother to keep score I'd say Marvin has been punking Chick on a near weekly basis for years.

Last point. I lost whatever respect I may have once had for Ludwig when he wrote about how the Bengals failure to deliberately injure a Steeler player, immediately after Palmer was hurt, was a sign of weakness and yet another demonstration of why it will always be a losing franchise.

Chick was made to look like an idiot, so I enjoyed listening to that. Good job Marvin!

You think so? I thought Chick got in the last shot when he brought up the Bengals failures of putting the proper number of players on the field. Marvin's reply was "Well you'd be the resident expert on that". :blink:

Counting to eleven? Geeze Marvin. After completing the first grade I'd hope we would all be experts on this. <_<

I liked it! Finally someone handing it back to Marvin. I am tired of him thinking that know one knows football if you are not a coach. Hopefully pretty soon he wont be a head coach because I am tired of the mental errors, excuses, blown calls, and that is his coaching not the players........Marvin is always getting punked....just about every sunday because he is so outcoached

I'm not Marvin's biggest fan, but I like the way he stood up for his player there when he easily couldn't have. Shows loyalty to the team and his players. Nice job, Coach.

Ripping Marvin is lame - he's an easy target. So you asked him a bunch of embarassing questions…good for you, Chick. You are a brilliant investigative journalist. No one had any idea the Bengals were struggling and you exposed the truth!! Wow - what are we going to do with this new information!?!?

Watching these kind of press conferences does nothing for me. The press is going to ask predictable questions and coaches will give vague answers.

Ripping Marvin is lame - he's an easy target. So you asked him a bunch of embarassing questions…good for you, Chick. You are a brilliant investigative journalist. No one had any idea the Bengals were struggling and you exposed the truth!! Wow - what are we going to do with this new information!?!?

Watching these kind of press conferences does nothing for me. The press is going to ask predictable questions and coaches will give vague answers.

I agree that the weekly press conferences are less than useless. But, I do think Marvin could be a lot less condescending to the local media. Let's face it, 90% of our media does nothing but lob softballs up to the local coaches. Lewis should imagine how his act would play in Philly, New York, Chicago...

If anyone expects to receive even one ounce of useful information from a Lewis press conference, they simply have not been paying attention.

This reminds of that cell phone commercial where all the service providers(reporters) try to gang up on Verizon(Marvin) but it never really works out..

Chick has been doing his best Jim Gray impersonation for sometime now, if he knows so much about coaching football he should apply for a coaching position.

Marvin clearly hates doing the press conferences and only does it because he's required to do so, the questions he gets asked are beyond ridiculous sometimes.

I wouldn't walk across a room to hear Chick Ludwig's opinion, and for those who bother to keep score I'd say Marvin has been punking Chick on a near weekly basis for years.

Back in the old days, Sam Wyche would've just punched Chick in the throat. :sure:

ah the good ol days the good ol days... I wouldn't mind if Marv gave Chick a shiner.

Chick was made to look like an idiot, so I enjoyed listening to that. Good job Marvin!

You think so? I thought Chick got in the last shot when he brought up the Bengals failures of putting the proper number of players on the field. Marvin's reply was "Well you'd be the resident expert on that". :blink:

Counting to eleven? Geeze Marvin. After completing the first grade I'd hope we would all be experts on this. <_<

Chick asking those questions were perfectly justified, and Marvin's responses were incredibly stupid.

Yeah, crappy comeback. I don't see how you can get through junior high without better material than that. I'd have said "We're good at counting to 10, but Bresnahan couldn't get his shoes off fast enough to count any higher."

That has to get under Marvin's skin like nothing else and I don't blame him for getting pissy...

The team you are coaching is not performing to expectations, having trouble with focus, and is increasingly riddled with injuries. You're getting pressure from all directions to perform. You're working 20 hour days to get the whole thing back in the saddle. Then you have some little pencil-neck douchebag getting lippy with you for a blown play.

That has to get under Marvin's skin like nothing else and I don't blame him for getting pissy...

The team you are coaching is not performing to expectations, having trouble with focus, and is increasingly riddled with injuries. You're getting pressure from all directions to perform. You're working 20 hour days to get the whole thing back in the saddle. Then you have some little pencil-neck douchebag getting lippy with you for a blown play.

No kidding.

I'd love to see Chick be at a press conference where he had to defend all of the moronic things he's written in his articles over the past season.

Chick asking those questions were perfectly justified, and Marvin's responses were incredibly stupid.

Chick best go check on the other 31 coaches in the league then, because those miscounts happen everywhere. Whining fans and clueless reporters are too closed-minded to view these situations from a league stance rather than a Bengals stance.

Marvin sounds exactly like Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells, though a bit less animated than the latter. People bitch(ed) about those two every week too.

If it weren't for pencilneck douchebags in the media, Marvin wouldn't have a job. He sometimes seems to forget that, as if he's managing a company that makes widgets. He's not. He's in a media industry, and the media is the connection between the disappointed fan base and the team.

It's time he starts giving some real answers.

And whatever your opinion on Marvin as a head coach, how he conducts press conferences, or any other of his comments will get you one thing next season...

Marvin Lewis as your head coach.

I remember when many people here use to think it was cool how Marvin handled the media and didn't give up information so readily. Now, we aren't 11-5 and suddenly Marvin's attitude during a press conference is being held under a microscope as well. Funny how that stuff works. I think there is a term for that isn't there ?? "Fair weathered" seems to come to mind... Don't get me wrong, I'm not the fan who is happy being where we are, I just think there is more going on here than people are willing to give any slack to. I would love to see Bresnahan do a press conference !!! His asspiece would get roasted !!! However, he doesn't... Marvin does and this is where we are...

Ludwig = Douche

WHODEY !!!

And whatever your opinion on Marvin as a head coach, how he conducts press conferences, or any other of his comments will get you one thing next season...

Marvin Lewis as your head coach.

I remember when many people here use to think it was cool how Marvin handled the media and didn't give up information so readily. Now, we aren't 11-5 and suddenly Marvin's attitude during a press conference is being held under a microscope as well. Funny how that stuff works. I think there is a term for that isn't there ?? "Fair weathered" seems to come to mind... Don't get me wrong, I'm not the fan who is happy being where we are, I just think there is more going on here than people are willing to give any slack to. I would love to see Bresnahan do a press conference !!! His asspiece would get roasted !!! However, he doesn't... Marvin does and this is where we are...

Ludwig = Douche

WHODEY !!!

Good post, Army. "Fickle" is my term of choice, but "fair-weathered" isn't so bad, either. :P