Browns QB next year?

Kazkal

Quinn will get it next year, me thinks. Not that he deserves it. But look how that situation played out for us. Carson was basically handed the job after Kitna performed extremely well. Not saying Quinn will be as good as Carson, but I think that's how the Browns are going to play it.

i think as long as derek is winning why change. i am not sure that brady is much better than him if at all. it not like kitna and plamer. plamer was a number 1 pick and better than kitna. as for derek going to the prowbowl not going to happen. there are 4 from the afc that will get the nod over him brady, manning, retard form steelroid and palmer. so unless one of these guys decides not to go, them maybe but 3 of these 4 will be there and as of right now i think palmer is the odd man out. we all know the probowl picks are just a popularity contest anyways so manning and brady are shoe in's and with big dumb playing the best football of his life ever he might just be the 3rd.

This is from Florio's SN column today...sounds like the Browns are looking to keep Anderson, and Quinn basically costs them nothing more than a typical No. 2.

2. Holdout killing Quinn's Cleveland career

Although the Browns lost a heartbreaker to the Steelers on Sunday, 31-28, Cleveland's performance further cemented the status of Derek Anderson as its starting quarterback. And amid reports the Browns are now serious about signing Anderson to a long-term extension, rookie first-rounder Brady Quinn is quickly becoming a forgotten man.

The irony is that Quinn held out over incentive triggers that would unlock big-money payments in the future based on his playing time. This part of his contract now makes it easy for the team to keep him around as a backup, because if Anderson is the starter Quinn will never qualify for the extra payments.

In the end, Quinn got a better incentive package from the team, but the fact he showed up late for training camp prevented him from having a shot at being the first guy off the bench when former starter Charlie Frye was benched.

In fact, there's a chance that Anderson would have been released if Quinn had won the top backup job, given the strong affinity Quinn had developed for Ken Dorsey early in the preseason (Dorsey was re-signed only after the Browns shipped Frye to Seattle two days after the season opener.)

As it stands, the Browns can keep Quinn on ice for the next five seasons, at salaries that never exceed $700,000 in any given year. Eventually, he'll request a trade -- and if they're lucky the Browns will get back the first-round pick they gave up to get him.

Quinn will get it next year, me thinks. Not that he deserves it. But look how that situation played out for us. Carson was basically handed the job after Kitna performed extremely well. Not saying Quinn will be as good as Carson, but I think that's how the Browns are going to play it.

I tend to agree. They spent a #1 and a #2 on him (waaaaay overpaid, in my opinion). They won't go with both QBs long term, and they can't trade Quinn. Why? Because they'd get less back than they gave for him, and they'll look like morons.

It's not like palmer and kitna because anderson is still very young,Palmer was also 1st overalll.

there are 4 from the afc that will get the nod over him brady, manning, retard form steelroid and palmer.

Rivers made it past brady,truthfully by play this year I think he deserves it more then palmer(atm) and toss up with ben.

It has to be Anderson. No question about it. He's far from a polished product but his stunning success is the single biggest reason for the emergence of Winslow and Edwards, and the reason Jamal Lewis isn't facing 8 and 9 man fronts.

With Brady Quinn's contract being so managable the Browns can let him sit for years, turning to him only if they have to, or finally trading him after 3 years or so.

The real question I have is how much it'll take to resign Anderson.....especially after Tony Romo's deal.

The real question I have is how much it'll take to resign Anderson.....especially after Tony Romo's deal.

Does that mean we will be subjected to 1000 Derek Anderson commercials next season? :puke:

Only if he's on pimping a dating website for homely looking dudes. :lmao:7389.jpg

Another option: Let's say Anderson continues to do well. Maybe the Browns even get a wild card...iffy but maybe...in any event I don't think they are a serious playoff team, not with their D, right? Now...Anderson is a restricted FA after this season. So...put the top tender on him and see if anyone bites. That'd be something like $2.5 million -- and if some team gives him a deal and the Browns decline to match, they get a first and third as compensation.

So either they get him for 1 more year at a bargain price -- and if he continues to do well they can drop a Tony Romo deal on him mid-year. Or, if someone bites, they have two extra high picks to hand to the defense, and turn the ball over to Quinn. Either scenario looks pretty good to me.

If someone bites their just getting back what they spent on quinn,Then they'll have a unproven QB who very well could be a bust and lead the browns back to being the turds...I'd say Keep anderson he won't cost as much as romo but will still get a pretty good deal...Keep quinn around for year if Anderson continues a high level of play then use quinn as trade bate if they can't get some something back for him he can backup for 4-5 years.