Ndukwe

WhoDey93285

As laughable as today's game was, we got away with a victory, and Ndukwe played a hell of a ball game. The kid needs to start. He is very very impressive for a rookie seventh rounder.

Props to Chinny! :sure:

IT WAS THE RAVENS Offense that made a lot of players look pretty good.......i think i could look good against the ravens offense...this defense is still terrible and the ravens offense is just that bad!

Nduke has been looking promising all year, not just this game.

IT WAS THE RAVENS Offense that made a lot of players look pretty good.......i think i could look good against the ravens offense...this defense is still terrible and the ravens offense is just that bad!

Nduke has been looking promising all year, not just this game.

Bingo.

He has looked good??? I seem to remember him getting beat on passes deep a couple of times for touchdowns at the beginning of the year and missing a tackle on another touchdown as well....if that looks good to you then you have been watching this bad defense way too long.

Emphasis added.

As I pointed out elsewhere, what, you expect a rookie DB to look like God from day 1? Especially a seventh-round pick?

Is it possible our standards are just a tad too high?

He has looked good??? I seem to remember him getting beat on passes deep a couple of times for touchdowns at the beginning of the year and missing a tackle on another touchdown as well....if that looks good to you then you have been watching this bad defense way too long.

Dude what's wrong with you? Did he run over your dog or something? Ndukwe has outplayed all the other safeties on our team and he is a playmaker. Nobody said he's the damn pope.

Dude what's wrong with you? Did he run over your dog or something? Ndukwe has outplayed all the other safeties on our team and he is a playmaker. Nobody said he's the damn pope.

Call me a bad bet maker, I figured Baltimore would have the easier time of it. Hall looked good, Chinny looked good, the Defensive front 7 looked awesome. Still, we're 3-6 looking at 6-10. Question for those of you watching the game. Did Hall replace Deltha or JJ as starter and did JJ play much?

I am just a realist...this ravens offense makes anyone look good...yes he is a seventh rounder and I dont think he ever should have been drafted.....he was terrible in college against the good teams that passed and good against the bad teams.......He was a big reason why their defense was terrible against good competition..kind of like his buddy quinn folded against good competition

he was terrible in college against the good teams that passed and good against the bad teams

So? At this point I'll take good against the bad teams...once the Bengals start beating the bad teams on a regular basis I'll worry about how they do against good teams. One step at a time...

I am in my team's forum.....tell me who hasnt looked good against that offense??...Im just telling the dreaded truth...I have been a bengals fan my whole life and nothing is going to change that but this is one of the worst defenses i have ever seen and a game against the worst offense in the league is not going to change who they are...a bad defense....but they do have some young guys like leon and geathers and brooks to build one for the future

Baltimore is a lot worse than people think at this point... Just like we are... People need to get over the fact that the Ravens won the Divison last year and realize we just beat a VERY BAD team. There offense just made our defense look good. Did you hear what I said ?? Made our DEFENSE look good !!! That is a tall task and one the Ravens handled nicely (To their dismay)... We won and Im glad about that, but don't put to much stock in the fact we beat a Ravens team decimated by injuries at key positions. Sound familiar ?? Many didn't think the Bengals would be 3-6 at this point either, but guess what ?? WE SUCK TO !!! The Ravens just sucked worse today...

WHODEY !!!

I am just a realist...this ravens offense makes anyone look good...yes he is a seventh rounder and I dont think he ever should have been drafted.....he was terrible in college against the good teams that passed and good against the bad teams.......He was a big reason why their defense was terrible against good competition..kind of like his buddy quinn folded against good competition

Wow, it's really personal between you and him. What's up with that? :huh:

You're not making much sense. The Ravens offense makes ANYONE look good? Uh-huh. Madieu did not look good. Neither did O'Neal or Dexter Jackson for that matter. So using your logic we HAVE TO start Ndukwe because those other guys don't even look good against a pathetic offense.

And who cares what he did in college? Mike Williams was a beast in college, he can't even find an NFL team. There was another guy who broke Jerry Rice' touchdown record in college, but he can't even make an NFL team. Besides, guess when Houshmandzadeh got drafted. If you say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th round then you're wrong. So please stop with this "oh he was just a 7th round pick" crap. He's our best DB, he's a hard working kid with a great character. We need a lot more guys like Ndukwe. I'm sick of the Thurman's and Henry's.

Baltimore is a lot worse than people think at this point... Just like we are... People need to get over the fact that the Ravens won the Divison last year and realize we just beat a VERY BAD team. There offense just made our defense look good. Did you hear what I said ?? Made our DEFENSE look good !!! That is a tall task and one the Ravens handled nicely (To their dismay)... We won and Im glad about that, but don't put to much stock in the fact we beat a Ravens team decimated by injuries at key positions. Sound familiar ?? Many didn't think the Bengals would be 3-6 at this point either, but guess what ?? WE SUCK TO !!! The Ravens just sucked worse today...

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, if the team was playing well, they would have gotten a few touchdowns from those 6 turnovers. Basically today we had two bad teams play and the winner is still a bad team.

Wow, it's really personal between you and him. What's up with that? :huh:

You're not making much sense. The Ravens offense makes ANYONE look good? Uh-huh. Madieu did not look good. Neither did O'Neal or Dexter Jackson for that matter. So using your logic we HAVE TO start Ndukwe because those other guys don't even look good against a pathetic offense.

And who cares what he did in college? Mike Williams was a beast in college, he can't even find an NFL team. There was another guy who broke Jerry Rice' touchdown record in college, but he can't even make an NFL team. Besides, guess when Houshmandzadeh got drafted. If you say 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th round then you're wrong. So please stop with this "oh he was just a 7th round pick" crap. He's our best DB, he's a hard working kid with a great character. We need a lot more guys like Ndukwe. I'm sick of the Thurman's and Henry's.

very good post, great logic here (except for the last sentence, lol).

Ndukwe played a hell of a game, I'd like to see a lot more of him and less Dexter. I mean lets face it, we don't have much to loose at this point. Dexter most likely will not be here next season so lets see who's gonna replace him. Now is a good chance to fill some of these young guys in places and see what their made of.

i was bashing dukie real hard in the preseason, did not like him at all. he just makes plays every time he gets a chance. hope he keeps it up and makes me eat more and more crow

I'm right there with you....figured he was a special teamer only, which was fine.....I like getting top special teamers in late rounds.....but I did bash the pick a bit, since I felt we already had our special teams ace in Kilmer, who has not played a down this year. But he has been far, far better than expected. The guy I pinned my hopes on, Marvin White, has been all but invisible.

Now scoot over so I can sit down and eat my own filet of crow. Pass the bbq sauce, please.