So What's Up With Pollack?

HoosierCat

He's PUP'd so he's under the same rules as Chris Perry -- and as I understand those rules, this was the week where PUP'd players have to either be cleared to practice or shut down for the year.

I suppose they could technically OK him to practice and list him as out for the next 3 weeks, then IR him, but that seems rather pointless. Still, haven't heard anything one way or another.

Just to be clear, I don't expect him back this year, and probably not ever. Just wondering...

No mention of him on the early injury report today...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6425

...so I guess they are just going to sit on him for the next 3 weeks, then IR or release him (the latter is unlikely since they'd have to absorb a $2m cap hit). As I said before, seems rather pointless...but whatever.

When I came home and saw the Patriots game (ugh), Pollack was on the field catching passes and doing drills with one of the position coaches. What does that mean ?? Not a d*mn thing I suppose, but that is what I saw. I just want him to be healthy at this point and not risk any further injury if it is indeed a risk....

WHODEY !!!

When I came home and saw the Patriots game (ugh), Pollack was on the field catching passes and doing drills with one of the position coaches. What does that mean ?? Not a d*mn thing I suppose, but that is what I saw.

Yeah, he's been reported running around in shorts on the sideline several times this season. I agree, it probably doesn't mean anything for right now, but if he is hoping to come back next year he needs every second of even pretend practice he can get.

Heard Lapham and the gang on Bengals Line say that he has a college football announcer gig that he's pretty happy about and they would be totally totally shocked if he ever came back to play.

After seeing what happened to Chad, the guy had to think about how his surgerically repaired neck would have done.

Now he has his health, a family, a good life with his NFL earnings which made him a wealthy man. Why would he risk that?

He's never coming back.

The Bengals are only doing what they have to do, that being...give an injured player that they can't cut due to cap concerns every opportunity to continue his career if he wants to. If that's not true, and Pollack has made a final decision that he's done playing, then it's Pollack's responsibility to say so.

My guess is he hasn't made that decision, and probably won't until the very last checkmark has been written down in his rehab log.

Heard Lapham and the gang on Bengals Line say that he has a college football announcer gig that he's pretty happy about and they would be totally totally shocked if he ever came back to play.

It's true. He does... pollackxa3.jpg