Delusional fanbase

rwjcgc

I know people like to be postive but it's time to face reality. Many on this board seem to

be convinced this team is on track to salvage this season, even with these painful to watch efforts.

The talent level on this team is mediocre at best. Marvin was able to win a few games when he

first arrived but other team's now have his number. Our best players for the most part are on the

downsides of their careers. The team got old in a hurry. The new players haven't stepped up and

we've lost far too many mostly to injuries.

It's time to retool with some young guys around the core talent that remains. I'm not confident

that Marvin is the one to lead that charge.

I know Marvin probably has a method to his madness but I am really tired of players being hurt,

supposedly with a minor ding, and in reality being out for weeks on end. I think he really understates

injuries to a fault. I know many questions have been raised on the abilities of the team medical staff.

TJ Housh also needs to wake up. I get tired of the "we lost to a worse team". It's BS, I think it's

truly more of a case of this group getting lucky with theor few wins for the most part. I think the arrogance

of some of the players gets in the way of this team improving. By the way, what does this group have to

be arrogant about? What have they accomplished besides some good individual passing stats. Maybe there

is something to this selfishness talk...

I know people like to be postive but it's time to face reality. Many on this board seem to

be convinced this team is on track to salvage this season, even with these painful to watch efforts.

The talent level on this team is mediocre at best. Marvin was able to win a few games when he

first arrived but other team's now have his number. Our best players for the most part are on the

downsides of their careers. The team got old in a hurry. The new players haven't stepped up and

It's time to retool with some young guys around the core talent that remains. I'm not confident

I know Marvin probably has a method to his madness but I am really tired of players being hurt,

supposedly with a minor ding, and in reality being out for weeks on end. I think he really understates

injuries to a fault. I know many questions have been raised on the abilities of the team medical staff.

TJ Housh also needs to wake up. I get tired of the "we lost to a worse team". It's BS, I think it's

truly more of a case of this group getting lucky with theor few wins for the most part. I think the arrogance

of some of the players gets in the way of this team improving. By the way, what does this group have to

be arrogant about? What have they accomplished besides some good individual passing stats. Maybe there

I said a couple weeks ago, the Bengals will be in rebuilding mode at the end of the season. The team has been gutted by injuries and suspensions of key players going back to the 2005 draft. Let me ask everyone this question. If we had a healthy Chris Perry, Irons, Pollack, Jeanty, Brooks and full time Henry and Odell, what would our record be now? 2-5 or 5-2?

This tells me that Marvin isn't a miracle worker, nor his coaches. If they had their guys, we're in the hunt for a playoff spot.

So let them go rebuild the team, our bad luck can't keep going.

I said a couple weeks ago, the Bengals will be in rebuilding mode at the end of the season. The team has been gutted by injuries and suspensions of key players going back to the 2005 draft. Let me ask everyone this question. If we had a healthy Chris Perry, Irons, Pollack, Jeanty, Brooks and full time Henry and Odell, what would our record be now? 2-5 or 5-2?

This tells me that Marvin isn't a miracle worker, nor his coaches. If they had their guys, we're in the hunt for a playoff spot.

So let them go rebuild the team, our bad luck can't keep going.

You think those players you mentioned are the difference between 2-5 and 5-2? The only one in that list that has had any impact in the NFL is Chris Henry, and the defense is the primary problem. Pollack didn't have a significant impact his one full season here. Jeanty and Brooks aren't exactly Porter and Farrior. Odell? Give me a break. Mouth wrote checks his @$$ never could cash.

Let's not forget that injuries have two effects:

1) the obvious effect is that you now are missing your starters - a talent gap

2) a secondary effect is that this then disrupts team chemistry and rythm - it's very difficult to coach when the talent profile of the team changes week to week. You have guys playing that may not know each other, don't know the playbook yet, and haven't run a lot of plays in practice.

My point is that the effect of injuries isn't just a talent gap - it has a huge ripple effect throughout all pieces of the team/game. I think any team in the nfl with our injuries would have a similar record - no matter who was coaching.

Let's not forget that injuries have two effects:

1) the obvious effect is that you now are missing your starters - a talent gap

2) a secondary effect is that this then disrupts team chemistry and rythm - it's very difficult to coach when the talent profile of the team changes week to week. You have guys playing that may not know each other, don't know the playbook yet, and haven't run a lot of plays in practice.

My point is that the effect of injuries isn't just a talent gap - it has a huge ripple effect throughout all pieces of the team/game. I think any team in the nfl with our injuries would have a similar record - no matter who was coaching.

Bad drafting and not taking part in Free Agency other than to sign over-the-hill bargain basement vets will also keep you from winning games.

Injuries affect every team, it's not an excuse anymore.