Chad being traded?

vettespd20

Its crap! He's the best player at his position hands down IMO and if he's traded we will def. not get equal trade value! Unless its helps the team a lot, bc that's all that matters, Carson is the only untouchable player, IMO.

Steve Smith is better than Chad. That is just a fact. TJ takes a lot of pressure off Chad. Smith does it all by himself. Still, I want Chad on this team, and wouldn't trade him unless the return was great.

Could swore marvin said He is not being traded and why would they trade him.

All I heard was Marvin's standard 'I don't talk to the media, you wouldn't understand, yada yada.' Not the same as a denial, but not proof of anything either.

In the end, even PFT made only a half-hearted report simply mentioning all the other rumors that are flying around. If PFT isn't even fanning the flames, there's probably nothing to it.

Hobson clears the air...from bengals.com:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen doesn't think his report citing a prominent Bengals source on Sunday regarding Chad Johnson was misquoted, but he does think it was misinterpreted.

"There were two parts to it," Mortensen said Wednesday. "The first part dealt with the source saying that because of Chad's passion and pride, they have to figure out a way to deal with him. The second part was my analysis that the discussions could bring them to a crossroads and that could involve a trade. At no time did a Bengals source tell me they could possibly trade him."

Hair will be bummed. :lol:

Hair will be bummed. :lol:

Nope, Hair used a DVR to transcribe what Mort said word for word and as a result knew for certain what Mort's source claimed. And at no point did Mort or I ever state or even imply that the Bengals had considered a trade.

But I would, and I'm not shy when offering a personal opinion.

For example, more TJ. Less Chad.

As for the the media, the trade talk that I've heard can be traced to several other sources, most notably by Adam Schefter of the NFL Network.