Hello from England

mancunian

Hello everyone from a sunny but cold England. Been a Bengals fan since 89. Ever the optimist still think we can have a good season - lots of ball still to be played.

Welcome to Bengalszone mancunian! Always glad to have another member in the U.K.!

Welcome aboard, mancunian. I'm curious... what's the overall attitude across the pond regarding the Giants/Dolphins game that will be played in London this week?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

There's a lot of excitment over the fact that the NFL are coming to London, there were half a million ticket applications in the first 24 hours of the tickets going on sale. It hasn't mattered that the fish are terrible.

I think most of the people that have got tickets are fans and do understand the game. I surf a number of the UK fans sites and they all have groups attending and they'll all be wearing their teams colours. I know there will be groups from the Seahawks, Bears, Pats, Bucs and Raiders.

The TV coverage here starts at 1pm (9am Eastern - we put our clocks back a week before you guys so the time difference will only be 4 hours).

And so the tribe increases in the UK. Good to have you here Manx.

thanks mate. where abouts in Scotland are you? My mum was born in the Vale of Leven not far from Dumbarton, and I'm paying a flying visit to Glasgow tomorrow.

A wee bit further north - just past Gdansk turn left on the road to Krakow and you'll find me between Elgin and Inverness. In the hills....in a cave....you know what it's like up here, we're still waiting for the dawn of civilisation, the industrial revolution, and roads! Hell, get some of those and we might even give women the vote (when they've finished their breeding purposes and mucked out the cattle!)

I used to visit Manchester a bit, had "relatives" in Ashton-under-Lyme & Denton

thanks mate. where abouts in Scotland are you? My mum was born in the Vale of Leven not far from Dumbarton, and I'm paying a flying visit to Glasgow tomorrow.

A wee bit further north - just past Gdansk turn left on the road to Krakow and you'll find me between Elgin and Inverness. In the hills....in a cave....you know what it's like up here, we're still waiting for the dawn of civilisation, the industrial revolution, and roads! Hell, get some of those and we might even give women the vote (when they've finished their breeding purposes and mucked out the cattle!)

Reading the names of places in the posts between you two residents across the pond was as if I was reading a chapter out of a J.R.R. Tolkien novel.

Reading the names of places in the posts between you two residents across the pond was as if I was reading a chapter out of a J.R.R. Tolkien novel.

Not really Gdansk and krakow are in Poland - it was a throw away comment relating to the huge amount of Polish immigrants that have moved in this remote and unpopulated area (and no doubt the rest of the UK too) - disproportionate to the indigenous population. The british government claims we need skilled worker immigrants - but all these folks are driving buses, pulling pints, waiting tables etc - no skills, just willing to work for a pittance whilst "local" people lose their jobs and are now on social benefits. Smart work by a left wing dictatorship. Still, come the revolution ............

Elgin and Inverness are real places though.

Some of the other local place names (if you're interested) - Balmenach - Topperfettle - Tomintoul - Tormore - Dalwhinnie - Kingussie - Dallas - Kellas - Knockandhu - Dava - The Lecht - ......yep, point taken, some do sound a bit surreal :ike:

Elgin and Inverness are real places though.

Some of the other local place names (if you're interested) - Balmenach - Topperfettle - Tomintoul - Tormore - Dalwhinnie - Kingussie - Dallas - Kellas - Knockandhu - Dava - The Lecht - ......yep, point taken, some do sound a bit surreal :ike:

you forgot to mention the Trossachs ;)

Just got back from Glasgow......

I know Ashton - a mate of mine use to live there so have frequented some of the pubs.