2001 was the last time we beat the Steelers @ home

walzav29

The win yesterday was great, but the season really is next weeks game. Are we getting more guys back? It is going to be tough, but that was a nice comeback yesterday. Should build confidence. A win puts the Bengals 1 game out of first. I hope they can do it, but the defense will have to be twice as good as yesterday.

Next week will be a game that they will have to steal. Given the injury situation, I don't see them beating the Steelers straight up. Marvin really needs to throw caution to the wind and plan on being agressive with 4th down calls, fake punts... They are going to have to figure out a way to outscore Pittsburgh, because I don't see the defense making many stops....unfortunately.

I wish this game was three weeks from now...

OTOH we get them in a second straight road game, while we're in the back half of a 2-game homestand. And Pitt looked anything but unbeatable last night. Toothlessberger did his usual when asked to chuck the ball a lot (35 times), throwing a pair of picks (plus a fumble) in addition to 4 TDs. That sounds scary vs. us, especially since 3 of the 4 TDs were to TEs, which we can't cover worth a damn -- but Jay freakin' Cutler lit them up for 250 yards and 3 TDs (and 2 picks). And that was without a great running game, just 51 yards on 17 carries by Henry.

I actually feel better about this game than I did about the KC or Jets games, or do about the Bills in two weeks. I have no doubt the Bengals will be "up" for the Pitt game.

OTOH we get them in a second straight road game, while we're in the back half of a 2-game homestand. And Pitt looked anything but unbeatable last night. Toothlessberger did his usual when asked to chuck the ball a lot (35 times), throwing a pair of picks (plus a fumble) in addition to 4 TDs. That sounds scary vs. us, especially since 3 of the 4 TDs were to TEs, which we can't cover worth a damn -- but Jay freakin' Cutler lit them up for 250 yards and 3 TDs (and 2 picks). And that was without a great running game, just 51 yards on 17 carries by Henry.

I actually feel better about this game than I did about the KC or Jets games, or do about the Bills in two weeks. I have no doubt the Bengals will be "up" for the Pitt game.

Ben did the most damage escaping pressure and throwing on the run. This will be the biggest challenge for a young Bengal secondary. The DL had a hard time containing 'the human statue' Pennington. It will be interesting to see what type of scheme Bres will come up with, if any.

Ben did the most damage escaping pressure and throwing on the run. This will be the biggest challenge for a young Bengal secondary. The DL had a hard time containing 'the human statue' Pennington. It will be interesting to see what type of scheme Bres will come up with, if any.

I'm hoping he dials up some delayed blitzes to let people chase Little Ben after he picks a side to roll out to. There were way too many plays where he was able to stand back there and direct traffic for 10 seconds against DEN.

Like everyone else is saying, If Marvin Lewis will kick it up a notch we have a good chance to win this game. With Cincy coming off of a win ther going to have a lot more confidence and if the defence plays the same as they did last night then we will put up a fight. If the Broncos and Cardinals can do it we can do it.

Ben's about due for another disaster game. I think he'll throw a few INT's and maybe cough it up at least once. I like our chances against the Steelers at home. The Steelers are getting a lot more credit than they deserve, I really don't think they are that good. Ben can only toss it up there and get lucky so many times, lol.

Bengals - 35

Steelers - 23

Two words>Ahmad Brooks. We really need him for this game. Whether or not he starts or plays much at all. We really need him in there to disrupt the Steelers offense.

Like everyone else I'm sure, I am so tired of worrying about when injured guys are coming back. As a rule of thumb, take the time they are supposed to be back and add about six weeks. What is going on with Chris Perry now? Remember, he was doing so well they were considering not even placing him on the PUP. Now, who the heck knows again. I know I rag on the medical staff, but there has to be something to it. There was an article in Sunday's Enquirer about the fact that hammies and groin strains are the most preventable type of injury. Yup, and the Bengals always have a ton of them. Also, how many roster spots have been wasted due to bad information from the medical staff????

Also, isn't it about time to cut bait with Miller. Dude's frame is just too small to take the NFL pounding.

Ben's about due for another disaster game. I think he'll throw a few INT's and maybe cough it up at least once. I like our chances against the Steelers at home.

Yeah, Pitt has not been a good road team so far this season. They are 3-0 at heinz but 1-2 on the road, with the only win coming back on opening weekend vs. the Charlie Frye Browns. The Pitt D has allowed just 19 points at home, but 59 on the road. And most of the bad stuff that's happened to Jen has happened away: 4 of his 5 picks, and 3 of his 4 fumbles. He's been sacked more on the road than at home, and has been forced to scramble more in away games (7 of his 11 runs, for 56 of his 77 yards).

Ben's about due for another disaster game. I think he'll throw a few INT's and maybe cough it up at least once. I like our chances against the Steelers at home.

Yeah, Pitt has not been a good road team so far this season. They are 3-0 at heinz but 1-2 on the road, with the only win coming back on opening weekend vs. the Charlie Frye Browns. The Pitt D has allowed just 19 points at home, but 59 on the road. And most of the bad stuff that's happened to Jen has happened away: 4 of his 5 picks, and 3 of his 4 fumbles. He's been sacked more on the road than at home, and has been forced to scramble more in away games (7 of his 11 runs, for 56 of his 77 yards).

That's some really good info! Good work.

The reason these other teams one the game is cause they came out and played more physical then the steelers did, and i think thats the key this week for this team they have to step it up come out and play fast and physical. If they play like they have been playin i really dont see much of a shot here, but if they play like they played against baltimore then they have a great shot at beating the steelers. Lets just hope they can play physical and dominant on there line of scrimmage.