Let's start the draft talk!

bnglsboi8532

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head, I'd order the Bengals' priorities like this:

1. OT. If Palmer doesn't get protection this team is done (see today's game). Willie may be finished and Levi has looked terrible.

2. LB. We got no one now, Pollack may be done, Thurman may never get back and if he does who knows how long he lasts.

3. (tie) DT and RB. DT has been a need forever. Still is. And what have we got we can count on at RB right now?

So if we have a high pick you would take a tackle, rather than a skill position that's harder to get later in the draft. I would take Darren McFadden, if we have a really high pick because look what Adrian Peterson is doing for Minnesota, we need an explosive runner, not p#@#y Rudi, who runs like he should be playing in the WNFL! There are a lot of good running backs that I believe will come out this year, a lot of them are juniors though!

So if we have a high pick you would take a tackle, rather than a skill position that's harder to get later in the draft. I would take Darren McFadden, if we have a really high pick because look what Adrian Peterson is doing for Minnesota, we need an explosive runner, not p#@#y Rudi, who runs like he should be playing in the WNFL! There are a lot of good running backs that I believe will come out this year, a lot of them are juniors though!

I'm guessing that the Bengals will pick up at least a couple wins too many to get McFadden if the guy goes as high as I think he will.

By the end of the season we may know more about Perry in any event. I'd be more likely to get some help elsewhere and go with Rudi, Perry, and some Kenny Irons later in the year if he's ready.

I honestly think we have to draft some offense (or LB). We have used so many of our first day picks on defense, that if we give them time to mature we might be okay, we still need some talented targets and blockers for Palmer (case in point: today's game in KC.) Of course, we have no praft picks at LB right now--so that is the exception.

My top 12, (not final):

1. Glenn Dorsey- Everything you want in a DT

2. Darren McFadden- Everything you want in a RB

3. Sedrick Ellis- Undersized, strong at the point of attack DT

4. Kenny Phillips- SS, not our biggest need but would make a huge difference to get a game changing safety

5. Rey Rey- Not on everybody's radar but will be better than Lofa Tatupu

6. Keith Rivers- A do everything outside linebacker

7. Dan Connor- Great Middle Linebacker who plays great in both run and pass

8. Jake Long- Premier LT, top 3 pick

9. Sam Baker- Premier Tackle, top 7 possibly top 5

10. Frank Okam- huge, strong space eating DT, reminds me of Albert Haynesworth

11. Shawn Crable- wait for him to workout at the combine and he'll be a top 15 pick

12. Lawrence Jackson- Great DE who plays great in both run and pass

Also you have to look at the free agent class as to what is available before you look at what they are going to draft. The Bengals REALLY need a guy that can gain them some yards on special teams and shorten the field for the offense. When a team is consistently starting on their own 20 or somewhere around there the percentage of scoring touchdowns is going to hit the cellar. If you can bring in a guy like Kenny Phillips that can be a hard hitter that replaces Dexter Jackson in the secondary and can also return kickoffs and punts ala Devin Hester you really have to take a long look. You also have to remember the Bengals should get some compensatory picks this coming year...so they may be able to package some of those together to get a couple high draft picks or just load up on mediocre talent with mid round draft choices. Personally I am tired of having all these mid-round guys that are only decent players. If the Bengals can package an extra third with their second and move up to the top of the second round or something like that, that is what I think they should do.

I respect Justin Smith for what he did for us but he doesn't deserve big dollars, and I think he should be allowed to walk and give his money to Albert Haynesworth!

P.S. we need to do something about Levi and Big Willie, because that's gonna set us back if we end up trying to ride or die with their contracts, I love Big Willie but we don't have time for an old fragile vet to be getting a huge check for sitting on the bench and may never play again, to Levi, quit your bi**hing and complaining about not playing when you can't even stay in front of Jared Allen! We can't pay him either if he's not even good enough to start for us!