WTF ? Chris Henry Probation Violation ?

oldschooler

Could this article be any less vague ?

Bengal Player Expected To Appear In An Orlando Courtroom

Reported by: Ian Preuth

Email: ian.preuth@wcpo.com

Last Update: 10:03 am

A Cincinnati Bengals player could find himself back in court.

Chris Henry is expected to report to an Orlando court on Tuesday for a probation violation hearing.

This stems from a concealed weapon charge in January of 2006.

Henry pleaded guilty to the charge and was sentenced to two years probation.

Henry has not appeared in a game so far this season for the Bengals after being suspended for the first eight games for violating the NFL's Conduct Policy.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?...2d-e91e75a24256

Goodell to review whether to reduce Tank Johnson's suspension to 6 games

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer

October 8, 2007

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will review next week whether to reduce Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Tank Johnson's suspension from eight to six games.

"I did talk to Tank about a week ago and I'm going to be reviewing his case shortly," Goodell said Monday. "He has been doing some very positive things about changing his life and making better decisions going forward."

Goodell said he plans to begin his review next week, but did not hint which way he might be leaning.

"I'm not leaning anywhere," Goodell said before attending the Bills' Monday night game against the Dallas Cowboys. "I want to look at the facts and monitor and understand where we're going."

Johnson, who signed a two-year contract with the Cowboys last month, is serving an eight-game NFL suspension for violating probation on a gun charge, one of several run-ins with the law that led the Chicago Bears to release him in June.

Goodell has previously said he'd consider reducing the player's suspension to six games. If that happened, Johnson would be eligible to play with the Cowboys after Dallas hosts New England this weekend.

Johnson has been working out at the Cowboys facility, and has been in regular contact with Goodell.

"I've made it very clear to Tank that, `You could say all the things you want. It's how you act,"' Goodell said. "He needs to make better decisions. And he needs to demonstrate that through his behavior. And I think he understands that. And I'm hopeful he's going to do that."

"We all make mistakes," Goodell added. "And now he can be someone that really demonstrates to people that you can make a turnaround in your life. You can do things right."

Goodell provided no update on the uncertain status of Broncos running back Travis Henry, who played Sunday, and is attempting to prevent the league from suspending him over the result of a drug test result.

"I got an update on Friday afternoon. I've got to talk to our people a little bit more about where we are with that," Goodell said. "But we'll be dealing with it on a timely basis."

This is a post from someone on my home board . . .

I just heard this from the WCPO reporter:

This is what we know. Court documents indicate that he is expected to appear in court, but that always isn't the case. People may or may not actually show up for a number of reasons. I've been trying to figure out what exactly has or is going to happen.

My question to him was basically "why are you publishing stories with no information and no reporting," so he didn't exactly answer it. Not clear to me either why he styled it as a "probation violation" when it may be nothing more than some sort of check-in.

A few more details from Curnutte...basically it looks like a bunch of nitpicky crap the corrections dep't in FL strung together to try to get a celebrity bust...judge pretty much told them they were being d*ckheads and dismissed everything...

The State of Florida Department of Corrections said that Henry had committed eight violations, including failure to complete all 100 hours of community service and to apply for a travel permit to attend training camp in Georgetown, Ky., in July and August. Henry's residence is in Kenton County.

Judge Bob LeBlanc of Orange County Circuit Court gave Henry two weeks to complete the two-and-one-half missing hours of community service time. The judge said the whole point of probation is so officials can track the offender. The judge said officials know where Henry is when they see him on Monday Night Football. LeBlanc also modified the probation terms so that Henry does not need to apply for a travel permit if it relates to his employment as an NFL player.

Prosecutors said Henry should not receive special treatment because of his celebrity status and hinted that they wanted him to serve jail time. Henry could have been put in jail for up to five years if he had been found to be in violation.

Did Mike Brown crap in God-ell's cornflakes?

Well, actually, yeah. GOD-el's big accomplishment to date as commish was the extension of the CBA -- an extension that, worthy of it or not, was praised by just about everyone in the NFL and the pundit-ocracy. Just about everyone, that is, but Mike Brown, who has publicly bitched, moaned and complained about it multiple times. Now, Mikey may be absolutely right in what he says -- but spouting off about it in public was guaranteed set Goody's teeth on edge.

Did Mike Brown crap in God-ell's cornflakes?

Well, actually, yeah. GOD-el's big accomplishment to date as commish was the extension of the CBA -- an extension that, worthy of it or not, was praised by just about everyone in the NFL and the pundit-ocracy. Just about everyone, that is, but Mike Brown, who has publicly bitched, moaned and complained about it multiple times. Now, Mikey may be absolutely right in what he says -- but spouting off about it in public was guaranteed set Goody's teeth on edge.

I was thinking along these lines too, but, ultimately it doesn't add up. Yet I imagine there's no real love lost between Brown and NFL commissioners over the years. Goodell isn't going to be doing Mike Brown any personal favors any time soon, not that he could get away with doing that in the first place.

Goodell isn't going to be doing Mike Brown any personal favors any time soon, not that he could get away with doing that in the first place.

Sure he could. In fact, you'll find a lot of people who think he did just that for his bestest buddy Bob Kraft when Belicheat got caught.

If you've spent any time in corporate America -- and I have -- you know that publicly whizzing on the boss' pet projects isn't how you make friends and influence people. Especially when your own "division" has human resources problems that embarass the company coming out its proverbial ears.

Goodell isn't going to be doing Mike Brown any personal favors any time soon, not that he could get away with doing that in the first place.

Sure he could. In fact, you'll find a lot of people who think he did just that for his bestest buddy Bob Kraft when Belicheat got caught.

If you've spent any time in corporate America -- and I have -- you know that publicly whizzing on the boss' pet projects isn't how you make friends and influence people. Especially when your own "division" has human resources problems that embarass the company coming out its proverbial ears.

If Goodell thinks he's got an image problem now just wonder what will happen if he has to hand another championship trophy to Bill Belicheat.