Brad St. Louis

El Tigere

I may be mistaken, but I don't think long snappers take up a roster space.

They do.

I don't object at all to having a specialized long snapper on the roster, but over the last two seasons I've lost a ton of confidence that St. Louis is as good as we thought he was.

They do.

I don't object at all to having a specialized long snapper on the roster, but over the last two seasons I've lost a ton of confidence that St. Louis is as good as we thought he was.

He has been one of the most consistent long snappers for years. If he has problems this season I'm sure that a replacement will be looked into. He is more than capable of playing TE for the Bengals, all he has to do is block.

They do.

He has been one of the most consistent long snappers for years. If he has problems this season I'm sure that a replacement will be looked into. He is more than capable of playing TE for the Bengals, all he has to do is block.

I have an extra large lawn gnome that could play TE for the Bengals.

He is more than capable of playing TE for the Bengals, all he has to do is block.

I am continually amazed at the number of fans who, not only discount the value of a good blocking tight end, especially in the Bengals system, but also presume that any tom, dick or harry would be able to do it.

He is more than capable of playing TE for the Bengals, all he has to do is block.

I am continually amazed at the number of fans who, not only discount the value of a good blocking tight end, especially in the Bengals system, but also presume that any tom, dick or harry would be able to do it.

Where in that statement do you get any of that?

Brad St. Louis is a decent blocker in ST situations and has shown in the past to be able to step into the TE spot and do the job. He is definetly not my first choice as TE, but is more than adequate for emergency 3rd string TE, because he would not have to worry about running any challenging routes, all he would have to do is block and drop out for a dump off target for Palmer. Things that I'm sure he works on in practice every week.

Where in that statement do you get any of that?

Brad St. Louis is a decent blocker in ST situations and has shown in the past to be able to step into the TE spot and do the job. He is definetly not my first choice as TE, but is more than adequate for emergency 3rd string TE, because he would not have to worry about running any challenging routes, all he would have to do is block and drop out for a dump off target for Palmer. Things that I'm sure he works on in practice every week.

Actually, I think that I was reacting to the post after yours, sorry about that.

Which is exactly the reason I raised that question when the thread started on the recently signed TE Blizzard! Between dealing with pass protection and running game blocking schemes, not to mention having to also deal with your own occassional pass routes to worry about running correctly, the Tight End position is certainly NOT one of the easier ones in the game!

What I want to know is besides the end of last season (only one of which was his fault) tell me where St. Louis has given anyone a reason to question his ability as a long snapper ?? Over the last TWO seasons ?? When ?? Give me an example... Maybe I've forgotten or something, but I just don't see all the hate...

WHODEY !!!

What I want to know is besides the end of last season (only one of which was his fault) tell me where St. Louis has given anyone a reason to question his ability as a long snapper ?? Over the last TWO seasons ?? When ?? Give me an example... Maybe I've forgotten or something, but I just don't see all the hate...

WHODEY !!!

How about the playoff game against the Steelers ?

Cincinnati took the second half kickoff and advanced the ball 62 yards to the Steelers 15-yard line.

Graham attempted a 34-yard field goal but center Brad St. Louis' high snap sent the ball over holder Kyle Larson's head.

Graham recovered the fumble, but the Steelers took over on the 34-yard line.

That play, coupled with Kevin Kaesviharn's 40-yard pass interference penalty which shortly followed it, resulted in a big momentum change by the way, and then of course there was the snap in the Denver game last year.

The guy is just about perfect for years but then seems to fold like an accordion as soon as the playoffs are on line.

Just like in the Rudi thread, I don't think that Brad St. Louis is not one of the major areas of concern for this team.

I am more concerned with the personnel on defense and their ability to change a game.

I am not saying that it is a major area of concern but I am agreeing with the poster who said that he is losing confidence that St. Louis is as good as we thought he was.

Up until last year, I think that most of us would have said that he had been just about perfect and well worth the roster slot that it costs to keep him.

This year not so much ...

With roster slots as valuable as they are, a guy who only long-snaps must be very very good at it, to justify using up a slot on him.

St. Louis blew it again against Denver in 2006. It's a minor problem to have really, but this thread is about his impact on the team, right?

It is a minor problem. So minor in fact that I think it's proper definition would be termed "miniscule," based on the fact that we seem to be talking about a fraction of the total longsnaps Mr. St. Louis made as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals. This has to be one of the most irrelevant threads that I didn't start that I've ever seen here in the 'Zone! :lol:

we seem to be talking about a fraction of the total longsnaps Mr. St. Louis made as a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Yea it is certainly true that we are only talking about a few snaps but it is still a bit troubling to me because of when those bad snaps came.

After being about perfect for years he blew a snap with the playoffs on the line two years in a row.

That is a bit troubling to me ...

It kind of makes you wonder that maybe the guy is a chocker who folds under pressure and tends to mis-snap the ball at the worst possible moment.

But then again maybe not ...

His snap on the missed FG in the Steelers game just a week after the Denver game was perfect and right on the money.

The real question is:

How lazy is Brad St. Louis?

:lmao:

Your on to something here..you should keep it up all season.

I've had people tell that they think I am lazy. But the real question is who is the laziest. Rudi or Mr. St. Louis...or maybe me?

Seriously, I hope he returns to previous form. He seemed very reliable for so long. Hopefully it is something fixable.

If not, then the question is who takes his place and what position group would gain from his departure?

Carson has thrown some key interceptions and fumbled in the final drive to seal a loss against the Jags... We are talking about one or two plays and BOTH were not his fault. Not to keep beating that horse, we all have opinions of certain players and others don't share them all the time, so I will agree to disagree that this is an issue whatsoever. Want to consider cutting someone ?? I'm on the bandwagom to get rid of McNeal's ass !!!

WHODEY !!!