Sweet Hall Tidbit

HoosierCat

From this Hobson article today:

Last Saturday morning Coyle said Houshmandzadeh approached him before practice and said he wanted “No. 29.”

It turned out they were on opposite sides when the one-on-one drills started. But then things were arranged and Houshmandzadeh had three shots at Hall.

“I would say (Hall) performed quite favorably,” Coyle said.

Hall intercepted an out pattern, went stride-for-stride and stayed inside Houshmandzadeh on a go pattern before knocking it away, and then in what may have been his most impressive stop he didn’t get fooled on one of Houshmandzadeh’s patented slant-and-gos in the red zone and stayed on his shoulder as the ball sailed incomplete.

Of course, Houshmandzadeh made some plays against Hall, too, in his only on-field action with the team this spring. A 90-catch guy is a 90-catch guy. But it was a nice sequence for a rookie.

“I don’t know if I’ve seen a young player better fundamentally than he is right now coming in,” Coyle said. “Footwork, technique, very well schooled. They did a great job with him at Michigan. And he doesn’t back down. He likes the challenge. The thing about him is his poise and confidence.”

I try not to get too worked up over what guys do in OTAs and minicamps and even training camp...but I gotta agree with geoff, that's a nice three-for-three for Hall.

I think those are the types of stories you always get out of Bengals.com, but will admit that it's better to hear those stories as opposed to hearing how one of the drafties is worse than advertised !!! This is also good news from the JJoe injury perspective !!! I'll say it again in that I don't see how a young CB can't get MUCH better going against our WR corps in practice !!! What the hell happened to Ratliff ?? Funny how they say he's playing the best ball of his 4 years, yet he's probably not going to be the nickle over Hall. Funny... Or wait, maybe sad...

WHODEY !!!

It was a good article, but at this point all the teams like all their drat picks ....... right up to the day they cut them.

Along the same lines ....... NFL.com was of the opinion that the Bengals were doing OK to draft a qb to develop, but said that they could have done better than Rowe.

The 2 qb's that were drafted after him were Jordan Palmer ( not coming here for reasons already stated ) and Troy Smith ... who they didn't seem too high on either.

Any ideas on who they may have been referring to ??

It was a good article, but at this point all the teams like all their drat picks ....... right up to the day they cut them.

Along the same lines ....... NFL.com was of the opinion that the Bengals were doing OK to draft a qb to develop, but said that they could have done better than Rowe.

The 2 qb's that were drafted after him were Jordan Palmer ( not coming here for reasons already stated ) and Troy Smith ... who they didn't seem too high on either.

Any ideas on who they may have been referring to ??

If the writer doesn't offer who would be better, then he doesn't know either. He's just talking out of his a$$.