Joseph Possible Foot Fracture

ArmyBengal

Ahhh - I was wondering when the annual pre-season "Curse of Ki-Jana" would strike.

1 down god knows how many more to go! :angry:

We will be fine, stop having the Chicken Little syndrome that the sky is falling. Look at it like this I would rather have it happen now then at the beginning of training camp or during the season. I'm not worried about Joseph he knows the defense anyway he will get the reps during training camp, would be more concerned if it was one of the new acqusitions we acquired who really don't know the defense.

We will be fine, stop having the Chicken Little syndrome that the sky is falling.

Did you forget which board this is ? "finds his old chicken little picture"

Yeah, stop the chicken little thing. I mean, c'mon it isn't as if the Bengals have had a promising season crushed by a string of injuries to key players before...right? Right? <_<

surgically set means they must manipulate the position. This can vary due to the extent of the "fracture"...which is being used very ambiguously in this case. I mean is his foot BROKEN or not. A FRACTURE??????

Take away the techincal terms.

He messed up his foot.

He needs surgery to fix it.

His foot will be in a cast.

He will be out until maybe the end of camp.

Keiwan-a-wanna-cracker?

Well, our first rounder in Hall is sure going to benefit in getting more reps in JJoe's absence !!! If he's back by the start of training camp, I'm more than ok with it, but I don't want to see him rush it and knowing the history of the Doctors the players have at their disposal, I'm betting money he won't be there at the start of training camp...

WHODEY !!!

Why Joseph :( why not Keiwan.

Your evil...

I think Keiwan hasn't been the best cb in Bengaldom as well but to wish injury on the guy is just wrong.

Guys like Greg Brooks, Brandon Williams, and Ethan Kilmer will benefit from Joseph's unfortunate injury.

You know CJ is talking crazy s**t now that Joseph got injured trying to cover him.

Hopefully Marvin is right and Joseph is back by the start of TC, but he shouldn't rush because it's going to be a long season and we will need him healthy for the duration of it.

Hate to see any kind of foot injury to a CB, he needs to be able to plant and turn and run etc....Like someone said this has to benefit LHall the most...I like JJoesph alot and hope that this doesn't stop his progression, maybe he will work on his catching since he can't run, he dropped alot of INT's last year...

Exhibit A why Deltha O'Neal can blow off all the voluntaries he wants and still make the team. Without him, one ding to JJoe, and our starters are a rookie (Hall) and a bust (Ratliff).

Regardless of the health of the players that surround him there was never a rational case to be made for cutting Deltha. Simply put, he's far too talented and inexpensive....and if he continues his unlikely fall from grace he'll land softly in the nickle role.

As for the replacements, your example points out the depth the Bengals now have...not the lack of it. Few teams could lose both starting cornerbacks and still turn to a backup pair consisting of young 1st & 2nd round picks. And before you start picking on their bones, Hall may indeed be a rookie, but he was considered the most polished and ready-to-play CB in his draft class. As for Ratliff, I'm tempted to argue the description of BUST, but will instead point out that some of us were begging for him to get more playing time last season.

As for Ratliff, I'm tempted to argue the description of BUST, but will instead point out that some of us were begging for him to get more playing time last season.

Who the hell was begging for that? Even when Tory was running in molasses he was better than Ratmeat. At the point where Tory is so slow he can't cover possession receivers and Ratliff STILL isn't getting his snaps, that tells you what you need to know.

As for Ratliff, I'm tempted to argue the description of BUST, but will instead point out that some of us were begging for him to get more playing time last season.

Who the hell was begging for that? Even when Tory was running in molasses he was better than Ratmeat. At the point where Tory is so slow he can't cover possession receivers and Ratliff STILL isn't getting his snaps, that tells you what you need to know.

I wouldn't nail Ratliff's coffin shut just yet, he's still a young guy who is capable of improving. This is going to be an exciting few months for Mr. Ratliff he could go from goat to hero if he can show he's ready to perform at the level everyone expects him to.

I was, although begging might be too strong a description. I was simply sick and tired of watching Tory James surrender buttloads of cushion before settling into passive trail technique, thereby reducing Bengal fans into praying he made the tackle after allowing the catch. And with his speed seeming to fall off with each passing week I thought James was guilty of taking more and more chances...few of which paid off. So as last season was nearing the stretch drive I asked for more Ratliff, not less.

And while I didn't get my wish I also didn't see anything that made me think I was wrong, especially when James bit on a fake and let Santonio Holmes blow past him....promptly putting everyone out of their misery.

I was, although begging might be too strong a description. I was simply sick and tired of watching Tory James surrender buttloads of cushion before settling into passive trail technique, thereby reducing Bengal fans into praying he made the tackle after allowing the catch. And with his speed seeming to fall off with each passing week I thought James was guilty of taking more and more chances...few of which paid off. So as last season was nearing the stretch drive I asked for more Ratliff, not less.

And while I didn't get my wish I also didn't see anything that made me think I was wrong, especially when James bit on a fake and let Santonio Holmes blow past him....promptly putting everyone out of their misery.

I think the vote from the Bengals (and their fans, largely) was 'none of the above.' in the Tory vs. Ratliff competition. Hence the drafting of Hall.

Although I think it illustrates my larger point, which was that Marvin and Co. could clearly see that Tory was obscenely slow at the end - note that he ain't here anymore. Still, they apparently didn't think Ratliff could do any better, which certainly makes me pray for a speedy recovery for one Mr. Joesph.

I think Keiwan hasn't been the best cb in Bengaldom as well but to wish injury on the guy is just wrong.

I'm not wishing a injury on anyone,but if a CB goes down I rather have it be keiwan then Jjoe.

It's like if Carson got hurt in camp :P,I rather have it been Doug Johnson someones job who is supposed sit on the bench and collect checks.

Deltha is too valuable. I think it was a mistake to cut Tory James.

We didn't cut Tory James,He was a FA.Mistake to let him walk? are you joking? do you not remember the last play of the season? the type of plays that happened all year long with him on the field?Though I'm not sure if I'd want keiwan in his place but I think I would feel safer with Kilmer.

I wouldn't nail Ratliff's coffin shut just yet, he's still a young guy who is capable of improving. This is going to be an exciting few months for Mr. Ratliff he could go from goat to hero if he can show he's ready to perform at the level everyone expects him to.

I think Ratliff is a passenger in the same boat that Deltha is sailing. Both players have to use last seasons disappointing performances as motivation or watch as their careers close with a whimper precisely when salaries for capable CB's are soaring. To be fair, Ratliff now finds himself simply fighting for playing time, but the fact that he hasn't played much isn't all that suprising when you consider who was playing ahead of him. Two Pro Bowl corners, right? That said, James is finally gone now and Joseph's minor dinging is a quick reminder that few secondaries remain healthy and intact for a full season....so even if it's certain that he's no longer considered a potential starter Ratliff should get some playing time.

And there's the rub, because as heavily criticized as he's been around here I think most of you would have a pretty hard time naming a more capable 4th CB.