Goodell's Next Victim?

Let's see here, possession of a gun, possession of drugs, where have I heard this before? Now he just needs to give some beer to underage girls, and perhaps drive with a suspended license to earn a nice 8 week vacation...

Yeah, this better be an 8 game vacation ... especially knowing that Henry already had a 2 game suspension plus a couple games that were enforced by the team itself.

Let's see here, possession of a gun, possession of drugs, where have I heard this before? Now he just needs to give some beer to underage girls, and perhaps drive with a suspended license to earn a nice 8 week vacation...

Yeah, this better be an 8 game vacation ... especially knowing that Henry already had a 2 game suspension plus a couple games that were enforced by the team itself.

Man I'm glad now that we did not pick him up off of waivers last year when Green Bay cut him, I was rallying for us to get him and try to get him up to speed when Green Bay cut him. That's all we would have needed for him to be on the team and do something like that. Somebody needs to look in to the Jacksonville Jaguars arrest they are not that far behind the Bengals.

Man I'm glad now that we did not pick him up off of waivers last year when Green Bay cut him, I was rallying for us to get him and try to get him up to speed when Green Bay cut him. That's all we would have needed for him to be on the team and do something like that. Somebody needs to look in to the Jacksonville Jaguars arrest they are not that far behind the Bengals.

The question is, are they worse than the Chargers yet?

Any NFL player who gets arrested in the current climate is about as stupid as middle eastern guy getting rowdy in an airport on 9/12/01, it's about as dumb as you can get actually. Once again I don't know what fascination these guys have with carrying illegal weapons, but if you need a gun to protect yourself or make yourself feel secure and safe, then you have way too much going on and you need to slow down your lifestyle.

Do think Peyton Manning rolls around in his Escalade carrying a 9mm with serial number scratched off, what about Tom Brady? Those two guys make more money than 99% of the players in the NFL, so it's not like they aren't super rich and need protection, right?

I guess you can't be suspended if you no longer have a job, he sucked anyway..Once they started strictly enforcing PI and no contact after 5 yards Carroll's career was over before it started.

It'll be interesting to see of Carroll files a grievance. He could make a pretty strong case that the cut was due to the arrest, which would be a no-no under the CBA.

I guess you can't be suspended if you no longer have a job, he sucked anyway..Once they started strictly enforcing PI and no contact after 5 yards Carroll's career was over before it started.

It'll be interesting to see of Carroll files a grievance. He could make a pretty strong case that the cut was due to the arrest, which would be a no-no under the CBA.

But do you think that the NFLPA will take his case? After hearing what guys like Troy Vincent and Takeo Spikes had to say it seemed like they were all for the tougher punishment that Goodell is handing down, so they may tell Carroll to kick rocks. And if he did decide to pursue legal action he could make matters worse and possibly be blacklisted.

But do you think that the NFLPA will take his case?

Dunno. They don't seem very interested in defending the league's bad boys, do they?

No they don't and for good reason too. Troy Vincent gave an interview in which said how concerned the NFLPA was about these "bad boys" ruining the good imagine, big dollar endorsements, and hard work that others who went before them did so that guys like Adam Jones can get a million dollar signing bonus. They realize how the media can easily turn and persuade public opinion in a way that can have a negative effect on everyone involved in the NFL.

That is what Adam and Chris are really failing to realize, how their actions has an effect on the NFL as a whole, because every time they questioned or arrested for something no matter how minor the offense the headline read " NFL Player________ was arrested".

No they don't and for good reason too. Troy Vincent gave an interview in which said how concerned the NFLPA was about these "bad boys" ruining the good imagine, big dollar endorsements, and hard work that others who went before them did so that guys like Adam Jones can get a million dollar signing bonus. They realize how the media can easily turn and persuade public opinion in a way that can have a negative effect on everyone involved in the NFL.

That is what Adam and Chris are really failing to realize, how their actions has an effect on the NFL as a whole, because every time they questioned or arrested for something no matter how minor the offense the headline read " NFL Player________ was arrested".

100% agree. That's what I think most people miss about all this: it isn't Goodell driving this process, it's the players.

100% agree. That's what I think most people miss about all this: it isn't Goodell driving this process, it's the players.

And it seems they're driving it faster and faster. Almost daily you'll find another case in the news with a player screwing up! :wacko: