A reason to be disappointed or a bullet dodged?

The NFL Network just reported that the Bengals put in a waiver claim for recently released Dolphin DT Manuel Wright, a player they passed on in the supplemental draft two years ago after showing interest. However, the Buffalo Bills also claimed Wright and based upon their poorer won/loss record the Bills were awarded the player.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Hit it, Smokey...

People say I'm the life of the party

Because I tell a joke or two

Although I might be laughing loud and hearty

Deep inside I'm blue

So take a good look at my face

You'll see my smile looks out of place

If you look closer, it's easy to trace

The tracks of my tears..

Bullet dodged.

Scary. Certainly indicates that perhaps Marvin has finally decided that the interior D-line really is the source of a lot of our problems. On the other hand, I don't understand the cap implictions of waiver claims, so it's possible that Marvin figured they could take a flyer on the guy if they could cut him for free if he really is a big p***y.

Sometimes guys really do need a change of scenery. And Nick Saban is reputed to be a colossal dick (figuratively speaking). But I'm thinking our D is soft enough already.

"Are you crying? There's no crying in football!"

I don't think May waiver wire pickups really reflect much on the team's plans. Marvin likely saw a player he had targeted once before and took advantage of the opportunity to give him a chance for cheap. Buffalo had the right-of-way though.

I don't think May waiver wire pickups really reflect much on the team's plans. Marvin likely saw a player he had targeted once before and took advantage of the opportunity to give him a chance for cheap. Buffalo had the right-of-way though.

Perhaps. Personally I wouldn't call it a bullet dodged because we're now talking about a waiver wire pickup instead of a prospect that once cost the Dolphins a 4th round pick. But I do agree that Marvin was probably just showing a normal amount of interest in a player he was once interested in, but wisely passed on.

Seriously, didn't this guy cry because he couldn't handle the coaches yelling at him?

Wright suffers from clinical depression. I don't think it was diagnosed until after he was drafted by Miami and as a result he wasn't cleared to play last season in the hopes that doctors could successfully find a way to treat the condition. Whether that's possible in Wright's case is anyones guess, but I don't have a hard time believeing that a head coach like Nick Saban wasn't the ideal person to get the most out of Manny.

Seriously, didn't this guy cry because he couldn't handle the coaches yelling at him?

Wright suffers from clinical depression. I don't think it was diagnosed until after he was drafted by Miami and as a result he wasn't cleared to play last season in the hopes that doctors could successfully find a way to treat the condition. Whether that's possible in Wright's case is anyones guess, but I don't have a hard time believeing that a head coach like Nick Saban wasn't the ideal person to get the most out of Manny.

I had heard something similar, hopefully he gets the helps he needs. Maybe football isn't the best thing for him, sounds like he has some other issues he needs to get cleared up before he can be a productive NFL player.

I had heard something similar, hopefully he gets the helps he needs. Maybe football isn't the best thing for him, sounds like he has some other issues he needs to get cleared up before he can be a productive NFL player.

Put'em through boot camp that will fix him.