2nd Round: Kenny Irons

ArmyBengal

Pretty weird pick. Not so much the Rb part but Kenny Irons because the last thing he's known for is receiving if they're replacing SUPERSTAR and blocking if they want a Kenny Watson 3rd down blocker.

He isn't known for his hands, but with Perry gone to glass and nothing but Watson behind Rudi there is a trigger that needs to be pulled. And frankly Rudi has had a tendency to dance the last couple year; if Kenny can grab the ball and hit the freakin' hole he'll make yards. With these two the bengals have a chance to rule Q4 on the ground.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly like the one they have? Irons is not another Rudi.

Wasn't Tank Tyler on the board at the time of this pick? Am I mistaken?

Yes he's still out there, I am a Wolfpack fan and we don't want him. He is all size/strength and nothing else, but perhaps more importantly (to us) he has discipline/character issues

I like Kenny Irons. Kiper said he started the season as a mid-first round grade.

I am surprised by the pick -- but I'm happy enough with it. :sure::cheers:

He had some injury problems last year -- maybe the Bengals plan to alternate RB from the IR. :lol:

Excellent DC, I was wondering when someone's panties would get wadded. Other than Irons being from Auburn, he is a completely different back from Rudi. But, hey, thanks for playing.

Pretty weird pick. Not so much the Rb part but Kenny Irons because the last thing he's known for is receiving if they're replacing SUPERSTAR and blocking if they want a Kenny Watson 3rd down blocker.

He isn't known for his hands, but with Perry gone to glass and nothing but Watson behind Rudi there is a trigger that needs to be pulled. And frankly Rudi has had a tendency to dance the last couple year; if Kenny can grab the ball and hit the freakin' hole he'll make yards. With these two the bengals have a chance to rule Q4 on the ground.

He's not known for his hands, but he was also from a program not known for using their guys well out of the backfield. He can learn it. Watch and see.

He's not known for his hands, but he was also from a program not known for using their guys well out of the backfield. He can learn it. Watch and see.

If he can catch, so much the better. To repeat: I like this pick.

Good football player but does nothing to adress needs.

Its not just who you pick but who you could have had instead.

We passed on Ryan Kalil the best C in the draft,Victor Abiamiri DE 10 1/2 sacks,Dan Bazuin 16 sacks a lot of great LB's ,Quin Pitcock ect.

The Bengals dont pick again until the 4th round and have still not adressed their most pressing needs.

1st round pick nickel back

2nd round pick back up or #3 RB to go with 1st round back up from a couple of years ago.

When you have lost this many guys in free agency and you dont have a 3rd rnd pick you cant afford this kind of luxury.

I really like Irons, in theory. It's just the injuries that worry me. He's been nicked a lot.

Sound familiar?

Perry was fine till he came here.

I know. I was referring to Perry in the present tense. :P

I know ^_^ so let's hope Irons pulls a reverse and never get's injured in the pros.

That's is an excellent point -- going 2 back like they tried with Perry because Irons doesn't hop around like a housefly in the hole. Irons learned behind 2 outstanding backs in Cadillac and Ronnie Brown and he's not as quick as Cadillac and not as powerful as Brown but he's got a little bit of both him, not quite the load Henry is or as fast but still no-nonsense and willing to run between the tackles.

Exactly like the one they have? Irons is not another Rudi.

He is another Kenny Watson.

OK that makes more sense. He has a lot more upside than Watson though, IMO.

he can be relied on to run the ball.watson has never really carried the ball,Irons may not be the the workhorse rudi is but mybe he'll give us a 2 back attack that will extend rudis career because @ 350 carries a season isen't going to be a long run.

We passed on Ryan Kalil the best C in the draft,Victor Abiamiri DE 10 1/2 sacks,Dan Bazuin 16 sacks a lot of gread LB's ,Quin Pitcock ect.

The Bengals dont pick again until the 4th round and have still not adressed their most pressing needs.

2nd round pick back up or #3 RB to go with 1st round back up from a couple of years ago.

When you have lost this many guys in free agency and you dont have a 3rd rnd pick you cant afford this kind of luxury.

i agree 100% ^^

We passed on Ryan Kalil the best C in the draft,Victor Abiamiri DE 10 1/2 sacks,Dan Bazuin 16 sacks a lot of gread LB's ,Quin Pitcock ect.

If Irons stays healthy, I'd see him as having starting potential.