The Draft Senario that Scares you!

Yet there's not a single defensive player that will have a big impact on this defense at #18 I don't think...outside of Anderson or maybe Timmons.

I hope the Clowns draft Russell as he's got "deer in the NFL headlights" written all over him, and a crappy work ethic.

Quinn might not be the best top #5 QB prospect compared to others over the years - but at least you know you'll get 100% effort and a guy who will work his a$$ off to succeed.

Russell is for a team looking to put lipstick on a pig (where the Bengals' used to be continually). Quinn is a system guy who could fit-in well, in the right scenario. Unfortunately teams picking in the top 5 typically are a mess - and that the Raiders and Lions are.

Yet there's not a single defensive player that will have a big impact on this defense at #18 I don't think...outside of Anderson or maybe Timmons.

Couldn't disagree more. I think this draft will present more solid defensive options at the Bengals draft spot than any Marvin has undertaken. Timmons, Revis, Hall, Ross, Houston, Posluszny, Griffin, Nelson, and Carriker all look like excellent prospects to me, and I'd be shocked if at least five of them aren't still available at #18. I'd even support trading down into the mid 20s, because the talent available looks like it will clump up in that area.

Couldn't disagree more. I think this draft will present more solid defensive options at the Bengals draft spot than any Marvin has undertaken. Timmons, Revis, Hall, Ross, Houston, Posluszny, Griffin, Nelson, and Carriker all look like excellent prospects to me, and I'd be shocked if at least five of them aren't still available at #18. I'd even support trading down into the mid 20s, because the talent available looks like it will clump up in that area.

Agree on the trading down to the early to mid 20's. A couple of teams might make good dance partners in that range. Denver is always looking to make a deal and they have an extra 3rd round pick. Other possibilities include the Giants, Cowboys, San Diego, and New England. They all have extra picks in either the 3rd or 4th rounds.

I have this re-occurring night mare that the top rated running back in the draft falls to us, then we trade down, and take one of the " other " runningbacks ..

OOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!, Already happened didn't It. :angry::angry::angry:

Not concerned with what the other teams do at all.. But like TDB said, this is a very good year to trade down.

Let's be real about our defense..

1. Justin Smith is a solid player. He's a good teammate, and is semi-productive. But he is not a franchise player. - A Jamaal Anderson at # 18 would be very hard to pass up on.

2. Our Defensive tackles suck !!, Sam Adams is here for a paycheck like most of the Free Agent defensive players Marvin has brought in. I don't completely blame ML. I know behind the scenes is that damn Evil Sorcerer Mike Brown. - unlike most Bengal fans, I actually believe Warren Sapp, when he said the Bengals pulled the offer, and while we all thought Sapp was on his last legs, he quitely has been a dominant force in a bad defense. He even had 10 sacks last year and 15 in the last 2 seasons. So regardless, - a defensive tackle is a Need. Unless an Amobi Okoye, or Alan Branch fall to # 18, then trading down a few spots assuring another day one pick, and getting Justin Harrell.

3. Our secondary went from being a threat 2 seasons ago to a joke last year. And worse in 2005, Our best player wasn't even on the field. ( Madieu Williams ) - Cornerback is a need. I like Leon Hall, I like Aaron Ross, and I like Chris Houston, but the way the draft may fall now, I think it's easy to say trading down guarantees one of these players.

4. Safety : Madieu moves to Corner...why??? Unless the co-ordinators aren't happy with his play especially last year, because he whiffed on tackles and wasn't aggressive on the ball ( especially the deep ball ) last year. I honestly don't think the Bengals coaching staff realistically think that Moving Madieu to corner, and drafting someone to play with an average safety in Dexter Jackson is the long term solution. Madieu wouldn't start over Deltha O'Neal.

5. Linebacker : An area of need simply because of injury and stupidity. O'Dell will probably be given a shot to earn a roster spot. David Pollack is all but done. I don't see him coming back, and playing again, let alone playing with reckless abandon like he did at DE at Georgia.- It's an area of need, but don't rule out A.J. Nicholson. He was a very good player at Florida State. He has good athleticism and if he's not a starter this year, he will compete for backup at several spots including Middle.

-- So in a nutshell, we trade down. We either take Houston,Ross, or Harrell in the first round. ( IF the draft falls the way most people predict it to .)

:sure:

The Draft Senario that Scares you!

That would be the scenario where Marvin turns to Mikie in the War Room on draft day and says "No really...this next pick is all you buddy." I wouldn't be surprised if that's how we got saddled with Chris "Porcelain" Perry. <_<

Us taking Jamaal Anderson.

Why?

How much can an inexperienced junior with limited edge rushing ability, questionable strength (low 20s at 225) considering his size, and limited production (does he even have 20+ career sacks?) help us THIS year?

All signs point to us trying to draft a defensive player who can help immediately. Anderson isn't that IMHO. Sure he could be great after a few seasons, but why did we tag J. Smith? Surely it was to help the defense NOW.

Although this does bring up the question of why we haven't shown any signs of trying to sign Justin long term.

Us taking Jamaal Anderson.

Why?

How much can an inexperienced junior with limited edge rushing ability, questionable strength (low 20s at 225) considering his size, and limited production (does he even have 20+ career sacks?) help us THIS year?

All signs point to us trying to draft a defensive player who can help immediately. Anderson isn't that IMHO. Sure he could be great after a few seasons, but why did we tag J. Smith? Surely it was to help the defense NOW.

Although this does bring up the question of why we haven't shown any signs of trying to sign Justin long term.

Having watched Anderson play nearly every week, I think you're underestimating him quite a bit. He may not be my TOP choice, but he'd be a good addition.

I would LOVE to get Paul Posluszny. Don't really think he will be there at #18.

:lol: Yes he will. His stock is actually falling. He will be there at 18 but I don't want him.

I dont want him at 18, if he falls to the second no problem.

Why?? The kid is a monster

Most if not all LB's coming out of PSU are overrated for the NFL. I think he is lower 1st or upper second round talent, not mid 1st.

One shouldn't lump Posluszny with other former failed PSU linebackers, because he is his own player. Their problems are completely irrelevant as pertaining to his chances at success.

At one point I didn't like Posluszny. He didn't seem athletic enough to warrant the 18th overall pick. He proved me wrong at the combine though.

One shouldn't lump Posluszny with other former failed PSU linebackers, because he is his own player. Their problems are completely irrelevant as pertaining to his chances at success.

At one point I didn't like Posluszny. He didn't seem athletic enough to warrant the 18th overall pick. He proved me wrong at the combine though.

True, but I thought he wasn't the same player after his injury. Seems too much like he's one of those guys who tries to make up for speed by running all the time, chasing plays, and sometimes overpursuing.

We already have that guy. Of course, at this point you could pull a college LB out of a hat and improve things, so who cares.

Thank you TDB I couldn't have said it better myself! :clap::clap: