Kiper's New Mock...

I like it! :P

He has long arms and gets to the QB effectively. Also, holds up well against the run. Sometimes he seemed to get locked up with the blockers, but did show an ability to get off the blocks and close on the QB.

If the Bengals take a DE, I believe he would be an excellent choice.

BTW I don't know anything about his playing for the Falcons or an injury. :lmao::blink:

I thought he was too busy enough playing for the Razorbacks.

I will be shocked if we draft a DE in the 1st round unless we trade Smith. We have Geathers, Smith, Robinson, Fanene and Rucker. We still have the possibility of Pollack coming back and playing end. Rucker is a quality player that hasn't received a chance yet. We didn't take him in the third for no reason. We could use some more depth but first and second would be to high. LB,CB/S, and TE are bigger concerns.

I will be shocked if we draft a DE in the 1st round unless we trade Smith. We have Geathers, Smith, Robinson, Fanene and Rucker. We still have the possibility of Pollack coming back and playing end. Rucker is a quality player that hasn't received a chance yet. We didn't take him in the third for no reason. We could use some more depth but first and second would be to high. LB,CB/S, and TE are bigger concerns.

Maybe ESPN knows something we dont... :o

Maybe ESPN knows something we dont... :o

best available player---period

Actually, that should read B.A.D.P. - Best Available DEFENSIVE Player

You're both wrong.

BPA alone is a JOKE.

BPDA is getting closer, but still not quite there..

BPA at a Position of Need....now there ya' go.

(That "need" stuff is where all the debate lies, I for one see the the needs of this team becoming very clear and on Day 1, I would be expecting SS/DT/TE in no particular order. There are a number of scenarios that would work out to where the Bengals get good players at those positions.)

You're both wrong.

BPA alone is a JOKE.

Wretched One -

In this instance, I firmly believe that BPDA & "BPA at a Position of Need" are one in the same. Any higher rated defensive player that falls to us should be picked up => Landry, Gaines Adams, Willis, Branch, Leon Hall, Carriker, Jamaal Anderson, and ESPECIALLY Okoye. We could use them all, if not now then next year.

The only TE rated high enough is Olsen, and he doesn't fit at all. As a matter of fact, I'd rather get a 7th round OT or tall OG from some NAIA or Div III school that is too light to make it, but has great feet and is relatively fast and teach him how to catch. An OT that's 6'5" or taller, weighs 270 - 290, and runs a 4.7 would fit our offense better than 90% of the ranked TE's.

Last year, Kelly caught 21 balls for 254 yards, and our dear departed Tony Stewart just 14 for a measly 120 yards. Wasting a Day 1 pick on a TE would really piss me off.

Kiper's new mock has the Bengals' taking Beason at #18. YUCK!

The guy's not even rated in the top 32 prospects from what I've seen.

IF they were to take Beason that high, I would venture to say that means Odell is either done or trade bait.

I think Kiper's mock is pretty spot-on though otherwise.

Basically all the players we like are going to be gone by 18 - Timmons, Okoye, Branch, Jamaal, Hall, et al..., with only Revis going after 18.

Interestingly he doesn't have Kalil going in the 1st round (unless I'm mistaken).

If that guy somehow, some way, fell to them in the 2nd (highly doubtful) I don't see how you could pass him up? Plug him in at Center for the next 10 years and continue to protect your golden franchise arm.

If it were me, and it's not because the Bengals' would have a few SB rings by now, I would take Kalil possibly in the 1st.

The 0-line, as-is, scares the hell out of me - one major injury and they are in big trouble - and I am not comfortable with any of the center options.

You're both wrong.

BPA alone is a JOKE.

(That "need" stuff is where all the debate lies, I for one see the the needs of this team becoming very clear and on Day 1, I would be expecting SS/DT/TE in no particular order. There are a number of scenarios that would work out to where the Bengals get good players at those positions.)

How about BPAAAPONTDSWAOMECBSDTOLB.

(Best Player Available at a Position of Need that Derek Shank would approve of, meaning either CB, S, DT, or LB).

I like it.

Kiper's new mock has the Bengals' taking Beason at #18. YUCK!

I dunno. Per this piece on PFW today, there could be a run on LBs early, with as may as 4, including Beason, going in the top 15. They see the Panthers at 14 and Pitt at 15 as possible landing spots for him.

The 0-line, as-is, scares the hell out of me - one major injury and they are in big trouble - and I am not comfortable with any of the center options.

Yup. Really, offensive depth (or rather, lack thereof) overall scares me. Right now we quite literally have no one behind Reggie at TE. Out backup LT is our starting LG. Wilk and Step have careers that have gone nowhere so far, and even if Stacy Andrews pans out it looks like he'll be leaving next year. Chris Perry is hurt, as usual, leaving us short at RB. With Henry gone for half the season, and Tab coming off major injury, we have CJ, TJ, and a scrap heap scrum at WR. ever thought I'd say this but it's too bad we couldn't have held onto Kwash.