Chris Henry mega-thread............

Kazkal

But ask yourself what he did to draw attention to himself.

1) All the existing charges previous to now brought some attention. My brother in law, a law enforcement officer, said that when Henry waved his gun in the vicinity of Florida law enforcement officers, he not only got their attention, he should probably have contracted a severe case of lead posioning on the spot. You wave a gun at police officers, you are wordlessly shouting "please shoot me"

2) With a suspended driver's license, he should not have been driving at all. Period. So what does he do? He drives a very expensive car into a poor area (look at me!) with well known (among law enforcement officers) license plates that read "SLIM 15" (look at me, I'm Chris Henry), in broad daylight (look at me!), and the area happens to be one of the most heavily patrolled areas in greater Cincinnati (look at me!)

Frankly, the turn signal and other issues simply gave the officers sufficient reason to stop him.....

The fact that he is well aware he is on probation with a suspended driver's license and he is under a microscope should....i repeat SHOULD.....have been enough reason in his tiny little excuse for a brain to decide "maybe I shouldn't do this" or at least "maybe I should get a cab". But no. He's Chris "I don't care what the frak the man does to me, I will do what the frak I want, when the frak i want to" Henry. Stupid beyond belief.

Judges who see repeat offenders spit at the second chance (probation is a second chance) the judge has granted to them tend to throw the book the next time they see the person in court.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does he do? He drives a very expensive car into a poor area (look at me!) with well known (among law enforcement officers) license plates that read "SLIM 15" (look at me, I'm Chris Henry), in broad daylight (look at me!), and the area happens to be one of the most heavily patrolled areas in greater Cincinnati (look at me!)

Frankly, the turn signal and other issues simply gave the officers sufficient reason to stop him.....

Yeah, I know whenever I visit my poorer friends I always try to find a beater to drive. Doing so puts them more at ease with their own financial condition and serves as a gentle reminder that any person who is born poor probably stays poor their entire life. And Henry had the nerve to be out in broad daylight, huh? Well, that'll show him, I guess. As for it occuring in one of the more heavily patrolled areas in Cincy, well....imagine how awful the people who actually live in that area must be?

He'll go to court, with his lawyers and a really good excuse as to why he was out driving and he'll get away with it. What the hell is driving under suspension? It's nothing. The jails are overly crowded as it is in Cincinnati, the judge isn't going to put him in jail longer than a weekend.

Stupid? Nah, just a mistake... Like everyone else makes. I guess you guys are all perfect huh?

Last Summer I was out ridin' my bike (under suspension), cop pulls me over for 'no glasses' and I talked my way out of it. He didn't even run my liscense... You win some, you loose some. I'm just trying to live man, suspension isn't gonna hold me back one iotta. What were they suspended for? No insurance. Newborn on the way, fiance in school = no money... I guess all I'm trying to say is that everyone has their own story, their own lifestyle. Just because Henry seems to be in this downward spiral, doesn't mean that he won't get it turned around!

About the NFL suspension thing. There are no rules implemented about repeat offenders like Henry and Pacman. That'll change soon, but there isn't anything in writing that can really punish Henry hardcore. I predict that Henry will have one last chance before a years suspension, under a new policy that should be written and agreed upon within the near future.

I'm 23, 24 in a week.

**edit**

It went pretty good, to have the chance to meet the commissioner face to face," Henry told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "I just wanted to explain my situation to the commissioner and move on. I told him I was learning from my mistakes and how to handle myself in a better manner."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2824552

^^ Nice link, thanks.

I have to say that I agree with him. You guys aren't true fans. If you were a true fan you would support a guy that comes out and catches 9 TD's for the team.

Chris is a team player like I've been saying all along. He's a ballplayer and he's young. He's made a few mistakes and hopefully that'll all be put behind him.

Sorry Army and AG, let's just agree to disagree on this one.

IMO, Henry = trouble

How is he trouble? He had one bad season. One bad year of trouble! It's in the past, forget about it man.

The only thing that he did that was a super big deal was pull out a gun in a crowd. That was Stupid. Since then the trouble has been so little, it shouldn't even be worth mentioning. Well maybe the few beers he drank and then drove was a little dumb too, but he wasn't freakin wasted.

You guys aren't true fans. If you were a true fan you would support a guy that comes out and catches 9 TD's for the team.

Is that the same that you have to go to every game the Bengals play, buy every jersey they produce and only purchase orange cars at the dealerships? I mean, you do go to every game and have every jersey of each player on the current roster, right?

I have to say that I agree with him. You guys aren't true fans. If you were a true fan you would support a guy that comes out and catches 9 TD's for the team.

Nobody is being unsupportive of Henry just by being honest. There's a very real chance Henry will be suspended some time in '07, and there's nothing wrong with stating such.

I'm in favor of keeping him on the roster as long as possible because he is a talented player, and as a Bengals fan, that's all I care about. However, there are plenty of reasons for people to have doubts about his ability to stay out of trouble and henceforth on the field. He hasn't given anyone any reason to trust him yet.

Chris Henry didn`t show proof of insurance and his license was suspended

without his knowledge. All he has to do is provide proof of insurance,

and this IS nothing more than minor traffic tickets.

Who ever gets "convicted" for having a suspended license anyway ?

Does that even matter to some of you that jumped to conclusions,

and assumed the hell out of things in this thread ?

And here is a map of where Henry was pulled over . . .

mapdc9.jpg

Hey you bunch of retards, I was quoting what Henry said about the fans who didn't support him... That "Who's a real fan" thing was not mine. read the interview he did with Eisen and you will see what I'm talking about... Anyway, I think Henry is a complete moron and NO I don't support anything he has done off the field. That being said, I still don't want to see Henry the player on another team. Just how I see it. Anyway, he will probably get some rinky dink suspension and have one last opportunity to pull his head out of 5th point of contact. If he f*cks up again, I could care less about on or off the field. i would hope being a new father would have a positive impact on him and if he truly comes around, watch out !!! Anyway, read the link...

WHODEY !!!

Hey you bunch of retards, I was quoting what Henry said about the fans who didn't support him... That "Who's a real fan" thing was not mine. read the interview he did with Eisen and you will see what I'm talking about... Anyway, I think Henry is a complete moron and NO I don't support anything he has done off the field. That being said, I still don't want to see Henry the player on another team. Just how I see it. Anyway, he will probably get some rinky dink suspension and have one last opportunity to pull his head out of 5th point of contact. If he f*cks up again, I could care less about on or off the field. i would hope being a new father would have a positive impact on him and if he truly comes around, watch out !!! Anyway, read the link...

WHODEY !!!

Your comment perfectly matches my opinion of the entire situation ... nice to know I am not alone in the category of 'not real fans'. I mentioned to my wife that I am officially not a real Bengal fan, and she looked at me with this stunned look and wondered aloud what in the world we are going to do with all the Orange and Black throughout our home as well with all the money spent annually in going to games, ensuring I get to watch/listen to games remotely, etc. Sucks not being a real fan. I knew this was going to be a bad day. :wacko:

^^ Nice link, thanks.

Chris is a team player like I've been saying all along. He's a ballplayer and he's young. He's made a few mistakes and hopefully that'll all be put behind him.

Sorry Army and AG, let's just agree to disagree on this one.

IMO, Henry = trouble

How is he trouble? He had one bad season. One bad year of trouble! It's in the past, forget about it man.

The only thing that he did that was a super big deal was pull out a gun in a crowd. That was Stupid. Since then the trouble has been so little, it shouldn't even be worth mentioning. Well maybe the few beers he drank and then drove was a little dumb too, but he wasn't freakin wasted.

AG, please reread your post and see how many consessions and rationalizations you make for Mr. Henry. And then imagine if he played for Pittsburgh or the Ravens. How would you feel about him then?

End of discussion for me.

WHODEY !!!

Army I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. I apologize

jjakg, If Henry played for another team like the Steelers or Ravens, I would probably hate him. What I wouldn't do is pass judgement on 'em... Especially for a traffic violation. Seriously what has Henry done that is so wrong??? He did one stupid thing down in Florida. Everything else is no different than what 70% of other NFL players do. IMO 70% smoke weed and most of them drink and drive at some point.

I see a lot of disrespect towards Henry, those are not true fans because the second he catches that first TD of the season, they will be the first ones to jump up and down cheering and screaming, riding his ballz.

jjakg, If Henry played for another team like the Steelers or Ravens, I would probably hate him. What I wouldn't do is pass judgement on 'em... Especially for a traffic violation. Seriously what has Henry done that is so wrong??? He did one stupid thing down in Florida. Everything else is no different than what 70% of other NFL players do. IMO 70% smoke weed and most of them drink and drive at some point.

I see a lot of disrespect towards Henry, those are not true fans because the second he catches that first TD of the season, they will be the first ones to jump up and down cheering and screaming, riding his ballz.

Whatever... Henry has been arrested 4 times in a year's time. If you want to say that he is no different from 70% of the NFL... fine (It is a completely ridiculous claim though, further distancing you from the realm of intelligence). But 70% of the NFL hasn't gotten caught even once... let alone 4 times. Henry is in a different category.

You don't have to like it - but them are the facts.

Disrespect has nothing to do with it. He has yet to earn that respect as a man -- which is a quality that's very much critical in the minds of many Cincinnati sports fans. What he does is piss us off because it gives those Steelers fans more fodder. Bastards :starwars:

I won't be able to ride his ballz because you will be in the way.

I won't be able to ride his ballz because you will be in the way.

Hey man, don't sweat it...You and Aagreen are just "real fans". :sure:

Henry's interview with Eisen just proves how much of an idiot this guy really is, I hope the Bengals wise up and dump this turd. If Tab Perry is healthly I would love to see him remain the #3, even when Dumbass gets back from his suspension.

Henry: "I'm a ball player"

Me: "Your also a jackass, who isn't worth the headache"

I completely understand where you're coming from. However, I disagree (merely a position of belief). This guy gives us a great chance at winning. The obvious question is dependability... which is a freaking migraine rather than a headache.

I completely understand where you're coming from. However, I disagree (merely a position of belief). This guy gives us a great chance at winning. The obvious question is dependability... which is a freaking migraine rather than a headache.

Imo, he's not worth the headache. Yes he's a great talent, but we will be without his services for probably half the season so what good is that going to do us. I think Henry needs to be cut so he knows that were not f**king around, as long as he's still able to play football his behaviour is justified in his mind. I don't think he's through getting in trouble, he says he changed, I don't believe him. When did this change occur, when the police lights flashed on when he was last arrested. Didn't Odell give some bulls**t interview last year telling everyone how he had changed, then two weeks later he gets a DUI. Henry is definitely stupid enough to get arrested again before the season starts, it's not even May yet!!! How many chances must this dips**t be given, he's not THAT talented.

Henry: Just that I'm a ball player. I'm really into playing ball and I'm not the type of guy it seems like in the media; all the negative stuff.

Maybe I'm reading this the wrong way, but is he trying to blame the media for his troubles? He's better off blaming his parents, or better yet taking some responsibilty for his ignorant actions

Eisen: Many people out there, certainly Bengals fans, are left scratching their heads over your actions, the number of arrests you've had over a very short period of time. What would you say to those fans who feel confused or wondering whether you saying this is over is, in fact, going to be the case?

Henry: Well, the fans who you say are "scratching their heads" really aren't true fans, I guess, but I want to thank all the fans that supported me, which I still have a lot of with everything going on, still standing behind me.

Wow...just wow..so because I don't understand why your dumb ass can't stay out the back of a cop car, I'm not a real fan. This is exactly what I'm talking about, this kid is too dumb to realize he just insulted 99% of the Bengals fan base by questioning their loyalty because he keeps getting arrested.

Even if the police have it out for Henry, he isn't making too hard for them. I'm sick of this kids excuses, he thinks he can tell people what they want to hear and everything will go away, I wish he and silly wannabe thug ass would go away. No excuse for a guy in the NFL who has the potential to make millions of dollars by playing a game to be arrested quarterly.

Anyhow, back on the main subject, this from Curnutte's blog:

Upshaw to paper: Henry facing suspension

From this morning's Washington Post:

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told representatives of the players' association yesterday that he is leaving open the possibility that the new player conduct policy will include a provision allowing him to ban for life a player involved in serious criminal incidents.

Such a ban is not being considered in the cases of Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry, but Goodell is poised to suspend both players and might rule on their cases this week, union chief Gene Upshaw said after participating in yesterday's meeting in New York.

"None of these cases we're talking about will be a permanent ban," Upshaw said in a telephone interview. "I don't think we're at that point yet with these cases. We understand there will be some type of suspension, but not that."

Imo, he's not worth the headache. Yes he's a great talent, but we will be without his services for probably half the season so what good is that going to do us. I think Henry needs to be cut so he knows that were not f**king around, as long as he's still able to play football his behaviour is justified in his mind. I don't think he's through getting in trouble, he says he changed, I don't believe him. When did this change occur, when the police lights flashed on when he was last arrested. Didn't Odell give some bulls**t interview last year telling everyone how he had changed, then two weeks later he gets a DUI. Henry is definitely stupid enough to get arrested again before the season starts, it's not even May yet!!! How many chances must this dips**t be given, he's not THAT talented.

Henry: Just that I'm a ball player. I'm really into playing ball and I'm not the type of guy it seems like in the media; all the negative stuff.

Maybe I'm reading this the wrong way, but is he trying to blame the media for his troubles? He's better off blaming his parents, or better yet taking some responsibilty for his ignorant actions

Eisen: Many people out there, certainly Bengals fans, are left scratching their heads over your actions, the number of arrests you've had over a very short period of time. What would you say to those fans who feel confused or wondering whether you saying this is over is, in fact, going to be the case?

Henry: Well, the fans who you say are "scratching their heads" really aren't true fans, I guess, but I want to thank all the fans that supported me, which I still have a lot of with everything going on, still standing behind me.

Wow...just wow..so because I don't understand why your dumb ass can't stay out the back of a cop car, I'm not a real fan. This is exactly what I'm talking about, this kid is too dumb to realize he just insulted 99% of the Bengals fan base by questioning their loyalty because he keeps getting arrested.

Even if the police have it out for Henry, he isn't making too hard for them. I'm sick of this kids excuses, he thinks he can tell people what they want to hear and everything will go away, I wish he and silly wannabe thug ass would go away. No excuse for a guy in the NFL who has the potential to make millions of dollars by playing a game to be arrested quarterly.

damn man are you for real? Now you want to cut him for this? Talk about the media, you sure as hell seem to be buyin into the hype. You gotta read between the lines and try not to take people out of context. Like he said "I'm a ballplayer". That doesn't mean that he's a public speaker, a congressman, he's a freaking ball player dude. He's paid to play ball and he does a damn well job of playing!

damn man are you for real? Now you want to cut him for this? Talk about the media, you sure as hell seem to be buyin into the hype. You gotta read between the lines and try not to take people out of context. Like he said "I'm a ballplayer". That doesn't mean that he's a public speaker, a congressman, he's a freaking ball player dude. He's paid to play ball and he does a damn well job of playing!

ok..so what's going to be your excuse when he gets arrested next time. When Henry first started to get in trouble I used to defend him like you are doing now. I would say, "oh the police are just f**king with him" or "is he going to get arrested for spitting on the sidewalk next." But then the arrest kept coming and it gets harder and harder to defend someone who actions proves that doesn't get it. Henry has to realize he has to play by the rules on and off the field, he doesn't seem able to understand. When is enough , enough. How many times does this guy have to get arrested before it too many, 7,8,9 times. I mean honestly, it's just ridiculous that he can't seem to grasp the concept that breaking the law is a bad thing.

I know what Henry brings to the offense, when him, TJ, and CJ and Carson are on top of their respective games they are unstoppable. But a what cost do we want to win, what example are we giving to the fans and kids who idolize these guys. If Henry so choose he could be much more than "just a ball player", he could be a leader, he could be someone who young people could draw inspiration from and strive to achieve great things in their life. Too whom much is given, much is expected and Henry is failing to met those expectations on a grand scale, almost to the point were what has been given to him is in serious danger of being taken away.

Once a player makes it the NFL they are SUPPOSED to live the good life, all the hard work they put in through high school and college is finally paying off. By this point they know how to play football, so really all they have to do is stay in shape and improve their skills, getting involved in drug dealing, pulling guns on people, getting arrested for dumb s**t isn't part of the program. I'm sure people have tried to mentor and talk to Slim, but you can't help someone who doesn't want it. It's a shame this guy has to embaress himself, his family, the Bengals, the NFL, his community etc..before he thinks he needs to change. I guess you can say I'm bit feed up with Mr. Henry and his bulls**t, NEXT!!!!!!!!!

Jjakg, no issues as sometimes I confuse myself... Anyway, Henry is a retard and probably always will be. The thing is (as mentioned before) dependability. Will he be there on the field or not is the question. When he's on the field, he improves our chances of winning period. Question and bicker all you choose about what he does off the field, but the question is, are the Bengals going to give this guy another chance after the probable suspension ?? I think the answer is "yes" regardless of what I might think of his off field stupidity. Why ?? Because he improves aour chances of winning. If he were to screw that chance up, I believe he would be gone with a quickness...

WHODEY !!!