Watson Re-Signs

HoosierCat

Per Hobson. No details other than it's a 3-year deal.

Not an exciting signing but one they needed to make with Chris Perry unable to stay healthy (and with Reggie Kelly's return looking iffy).

That's a great resigning he is excellent on third downs, we can't count on Chris Perry for squat. Hurt or fumbling the ball we can't cut Chris because he was a first round picks and you just don't do that with first round picks, his butt should be in the spotlight this year. How much I dislike Jerramy Stevens he would be a good pickup for the Bengals another threat in the passing game.

Good deal. :sure:

This should dispell thoughts of the Bengals drafting a RB... They still may if they aren't confident in Perry's recovery, but I doubts it'll be anything earlier than a 5th round consideration.

Yup, and freeing up the draft is even more important now that other needs are begging for attention. All in all a great move that provides the Bengals with the backfield pass catching threat they so desperately need but never can count on from Chris Perry, and a better than average backup should Rudi go down.

Nice.

Now lock up Kelly or K2.

We won't be able to afford both K2 and Kelly

Disagreed. In fact, I think those two players are exactly who the Bengals plan to spend the majority of their remaining FA money on.

Also, if we can't afford the likes of K2 or Reggie Kelly, how will we be able to sign Joey Porter? If you're making fun of Hobson again, then disregard this post.

Per Hobson. No details other than it's a 3-year deal.

Not an exciting signing but one they needed to make with Chris Perry unable to stay healthy (and with Reggie Kelly's return looking iffy).

That's a great resigning he is excellent on third downs, we can't count on Chris Perry for squat. Hurt or fumbling the ball we can't cut Chris because he was a first round picks and you just don't do that with first round picks, his butt should be in the spotlight this year.

You might be right, but when he's on and healthy, he's a big time threat. I will give this guy every chance throughout the lifetime of his existing contract. And what's the big deal anyway? We have Watson and Rudi if Perry goes down again plus Whiteheed and Quincy Wilson if needed.

You might be right, but when he's on and healthy, he's a big time threat. I will give this guy every chance throughout the lifetime of his existing contract. And what's the big deal anyway? We have Watson and Rudi if Perry goes down again plus Whiteheed and Quincy Wilson if needed.

:sure:

I'm as frustrated with Perry as the next guy, but he was nothing but excellent in 2005 when he was on the field. Give him another chance, and draft a replacement next season if need be. What we all do know is that this offense needs a Chris Perry.

I would like to see them use Watson a little more often. Maybe add some RB screens and flares ala San Diego.

One thing I hope that Palmer is working on is looking for the RB to dump off to, many times last season he missed wide open RB's while looking down field for someone to push the ball into. He could have avoided some of the sacks he took if he just looked for his dump-off reciever more often/quicker.