Playoff Possiblities and Scenarios

schnarfer

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we win out and the steeler's beat the ravens and lose another game would we win the division?

I believe that is correct. We can only win the division by winning the remaining 3 games, and having the Ravens lose their remaining 2.

All I want for Christmas is a playoff berth. I absolutely do not care about anything else right now.

So....it mostly comes down to Denver Sunday. Like a bunch of people (including me) have been saying for weeks. In the great scheme of things, last night's game wasn't crucial. Would have been nice to have, but wasn't crucial.

Now, if Anderson can't go in Denver? We're f**ked.

WIN and a BUFF and JETS lost and we have a wild card

Gotta win Sunday no matter what....

And here is the rest from the Enquirer:

Cincinnati can clinch playoff berth with:

1) CIN win + BUF loss or tie + NYJ loss, OR

2) CIN win + BUF loss or tie + JAX loss.

Buffalo plays Tennesse

NY Jets play at Miami

and Jacksonville plays the Patriots

Gotta win Sunday no matter what....

And here is the rest from the Enquirer:

Cincinnati can clinch playoff berth with:

1) CIN win + BUF loss or tie + NYJ loss, OR

2) CIN win + BUF loss or tie + JAX loss.

Buffalo plays Tennesse

NY Jets play at Miami

and Jacksonville plays the Patriots

I like our chances a lot, in terms of getting help. Just win baby, and we should be in.

I know that all folks want to think about is winning in Denver. And I agree ... mostly.

Although the Bengals could make the playoffs in other ways, the immediate clinching scenario is to:

1. Bengals win one game

2. Buffalo loses one game

3. Jets or Jags lose one game

I'm doubting you will see the Jets lose another. The Jags are at home this weekend against the Pats, but they finish the season in KC. I suspect they will lose one of those, and it will likely be the final game on the road as they have been really bad on the road.

That leaves Buffalo. They play in Baltimore for the last game of the season. We need that game to mean something to the Ravens. Will it? Well, to have any hope of that, the Ravens will need to win this weekend in Pissburgh. Besides, with a win over the Steelers this weekend, the Steelers will be coming into Cincy with zero hope. That too helps.

Obviously, the biggest thing for the Bengals is to win this weekend ... and/or the last weekend. But as you can see, it's arguably just as important that the Ravens win-out.

Believe it ... we need to be hoping for the Ravens to win a couple games.

Go Ravens, go Patriots, go Titans, go Dolphins.

Oh yeah, and go Bengals. ;)

Strangely ... if all those teams win, the Bengals may not even need another win. OK, OK ... no one wants to hear that!

:blink:

I do! Screw the Steelers, I'd love more than anything for that game to be completely meaningless. :D

Whether or not the game is meaningless for the Steelers to get into the playoffs or not...if it means anything for our playoff hopes they will play like its the freakin Superbowl. If it means that the only shining moment they had this season was making sure we didn't make it to the playoffs then I bet they will be ok with that. Lets win this game in Denver and see how things pan out from there.

Just some words from a former CTU agent.

Pats beat JAC 24-21.

Titans beat Bills 30-29.

Ravens beat Steelers 31-7.

Things are looking good so far, now we just need OUR TEAM to win.

Also, let's hear it for Ben Hartsock, TE for the Titans and his 8th career catch!! (He's my cousin, so I have to cheer)

Ravens over Steelers, 24-7, 4 minutes left

Houston over Indy (are you kidding me) 27-24

Note to Marvin and Co....if we make the playoffs and face the Colts, please watch the tape of this game.

NE over Jacksonville 24-14 late

Buffalo over Tennesee 29-27 late

Tennessee kicks FG with 2:10 left....30-29 lead

Current AFC standings of division leaders:

1. San Diego 12-2

Pending outcome of game against Seattle. Chargers are winning 7-0 at the half.

2. Baltimore 12-3

If Baltimore and San Diego end up tied, the Ravens would win the tiebreaker based on head-to-head.

3. Indianapolis 11-4

If Indianpolis and New England end up tied, the Colts would win the head-to -head tiebreaker over NE.

4. New England 11-4

See above.

If the Jets win tomorrow night, I believe they are done (barring an Oakland win over NY next week). Frankly, I don't see that happening.

I hate them.

thats why jason taylor is going to be my favorite player for a night :sure: