Dillon for a 7th !!!

Apologies if this has already been posted but on NFL.com they are stating that .... "The Bengals will drop their trade demands from something close to a third round pick down to maybe a 7th to get Dillon out of Cincinnati".

If this turns out to be the scenario then my thoughts would be to keep CD and make him either perform to his ability or play him as Rudi's back-up. Anything less than a 3rd round pick is an insult, surely.

No doubt you'll give your own views/comments.

Apologies if this has already been posted but on NFL.com they are stating that .... "The Bengals will drop their trade demands from something close to a third round pick down to maybe a 7th to get Dillon out of Cincinnati".

If this turns out to be the scenario then my thoughts would be to keep CD and make him either perform to his ability or play him as Rudi's back-up. Anything less than a 3rd round pick is an insult, surely.

No doubt you'll give your own views/comments.

I agree that we should get what we can, but if Dillon is still around then the problems wont be on the field; they'll be in the clubhouse. Team chemistry is that hidden entity most don't consider putting a team together. If you have great team chemistry, players play better, try harder and perform to higher standards because they want to help out their buddies in the common greater good. You don't have anything near that when the chemistry is troublesome. I don't believe Corey and Willie and Marvin can co-exist; no since BDSS. If he'd played good guy during that show, then my views would undoubtedly be different, but he didn't and now I hope he chokes on his ego.

Well, a seventh wouldn't be a total loss, as long as the team get's a conditional pick in 2k5....I think a more likely option is to use Dillon to trade up in one of the first day rounds, say maybe swap second rounders with denver or Detroit and throw them Dillon, or maybe swap our third for Dallas' second and give them Dillon...I know it's not ideal, but that's probably the only way the team will get anything for Dillon...

If we DON'T get the pick we asked for , a desired 2nd, but will settle for a high 3rd, then I see no reason to let him go.

- I expect Dillon to show up come training camp, if he's not traded and do what he's paid to do. If not, Then each day he misses , is salary he misses plain and simple. If he want's out, and we can't get what we should get for his value, then He plays out his contract like it or not !

If he want's out, and we can't get what we should get for his value, then He plays out his contract like it or not !

C'mon Chris...If he ain't gonna play with his heart in it, which in this instance I DOUBT would happen, than what's the point of his negativity being present on the team?

I'm with Josh on this one. One way or the other...he's gotta go! Do you think Willie Anderson is gonna be motivated to open a hole for this guy who bad mouthed him and his team to the world!?! It AIN'T gonna happen!

Corey is for all intents and purposes...GONE!!! :angry:

this is a business, otherwise the nfl. If hes still on the payroll next year, not traded, he will show up and be a professional. He can whine, cry, bitch, moan, etc, but he will suit up, show up, and play.

Hey I agree with you and Josh Billy, but Dillon remains a Professional athlete, If he remains here come training camp, there is no way he or any other pro-athlete is walking away from their million dollar contracts . :lol::lol:

* However, Pat Kirwans' recent remarks about Cincy' willing to except anywhere from a 3rd to a 7th are blatantly false. If John Clayton or Mort Anderson had said it, I would accept it to be fact, but most recent reports from John Clayton are that Cincy' will trade him to Oakland either before the Draft , or AFTER the draft. I'm sure Marvin and Co. will want to make sure they have a replacement in place beforehand.

* - One note that I would like to make is, How well do you guys think Corey will do without a fullback in Oakland. Norv Turners' offense is a Power-Back , that doesn't feature a blocking back !

ya it will be tough for him to adjust, cuz hes so used to a fullback leading the way. Im sure he'll get into stride by game 4 or 5 and end up breaking 1000-1300 yrds. Thats if he does go to oakland...

I personally, don't want to see him back but we can't just give him away either. I think we're going to play hardball & hold out for what we want & if we don't get it CD will be back. I don't see how he could not play hard to improve his value to other teams the following year/ the end of his contract. I just don't think anyones banging down the door to get him ,with his attitude, & are holding out thinking we will get rid of him at any cost. That's why I think he dogged coach Lewis & Willie Anderson on tbdss thinking he'd piss them off so they let him go for less. What do you guy's think?

I personally, don't want to see him back but we can't just give him away either. I think we're going to play hardball & hold out for what we want & if we don't get it CD will be back. I don't see how he could not play hard to improve his value to other teams the following year/ the end of his contract. I just don't think anyones banging down the door to get him ,with his attitude, & are holding out thinking we will get rid of him at any cost. That's why I think he dogged coach Lewis & Willie Anderson on tbdss thinking he'd piss them off so they let him go for less. What do you guy's think?

Corey won't play hard to try to improve his value. That would require that he didn't think his s**t smelled like Aquavelva! Corey's EGO is too big for him to think he needs to increase his value, after all, Willie had nothing to do with his success, he's a bum!

I'd gladly give you a hamburger tomorrow to take Corey Dillon today!

Barry Sanders walked away from the Lions, because they basically told him that Bobby Ross was more important to them. -

* Barry asked for a trade, or a new coach, or remove the fullback that Ross was trying to implement, or he'd retire. - The Lions thought he was bluffing. * And they guessed wrong. But Barry had to be made to give part of the signing bonus back !

It's not hard.. It's called research !

I think at this point, we need to either mend the fences with Corey and invite him back into the fold. Or, take absolutley whatever we can get for him......

Man, Corey mangled that fence sooo badly that there just ain't no fixin' it! Nothing but splinters! :rolleyes:

UCANTBEAT:

Corey won't play hard to try to improve his value.

Man, why don't you get your head back on your shoulders instead of sticking it up your ass???

COREY DILLON ALWAYS RUNS HARD

He proved it last year when he had the groin injury and returned for a few good games at the end of the year!!!

Do you know how hard that is--or have you always been an internet geek all your life???

UCANTBEAT:

Man, why don't you get your head back on your shoulders instead of sticking it up your ass???

He proved it last year when he had the groin injury and returned for a few good games at the end of the year!!!

Do you know how hard that is--or have you always been an internet geek all your life???

So what. I run hard. The difference is, if all things being equal, Dillon puts himself above the team and not with the team. He has decent talent, but nothing special. The end result, is that he's not a winner and now he'll be moving on to a team to help satisfy his love of himself.

UCANTBEAT:

Corey always runs hard? Like when he takes himself out of the game because he's upset that he didn't run well?

He didn't do squat for us last year. Even before he was injured he wasn't running well.

"He didn't do squat for us last year. Even before he was injured he wasn't running well."

Maybe he was injured before the groin pull??? CD, so far is a Hall of Famer, guys if he continues to play like he has.

However, I see you guys questioning his abilities ON THE FIELD. THERE SHOULD BE NO DAMNED QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT. COREY DILLON WAS YOUR SINGLE OFFENSIVE WEAPON FOR MANY YEARS NOW.

You didn't question him then.

Now, I do question HIS HEART OFF THE FIELD or IN THE LOCKERROOM.

Come'on guys. You're questioning the wrong thing here.

If you need help, think back to the Denver Broncos game where Dillon ran for 278 yards on a good defense.

"He didn't do squat for us last year. Even before he was injured he wasn't running well."

Maybe he was injured before the groin pull??? CD, so far is a Hall of Famer, guys if he continues to play like he has.

However, I see you guys questioning his abilities ON THE FIELD. THERE SHOULD BE NO DAMNED QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT. COREY DILLON WAS YOUR SINGLE OFFENSIVE WEAPON FOR MANY YEARS NOW.

You didn't question him then.

Now, I do question HIS HEART OFF THE FIELD or IN THE LOCKERROOM.

Come'on guys. You're questioning the wrong thing here.

If you need help, think back to the Denver Broncos game where Dillon ran for 278 yards on a good defense.

The point is Corey is a destruction in the clubhouse. Past few months have proved this, 2000 (maybe 1999) proved this and his multiple insubordination during games. I don't care if the dude runs for 200 yards and 5 TDs per game, he didn't help us win before Marvin; he bitched and complain during Marvin and now he's embarrassing our city and telling everyone he hates the team we love. Sure he may have performed better than anyone else before 2003, but that's not saying much at all.

I've never liked Corey, I think he's an egomaniacal jerk with no desire to win, no desire to be a team member, and his only desire is to be better than everyone else. I'd say he's 3 for 3 on his goals for an NFL career.

I'm not sure why you respect him. He's day in and day out made fun and verbally destroyed your team. Is he a great football player? Well no. It's a team sport and he wants nothing to with that concept.

I'm sorry dudes. CD is not what he used to be. This situation reminds me so much of Pickens it aint funny. The guy was stuck in his glory years vs reality. Yeah, CD did a lot of great things on the field IN THE PAST. In other words: HISTORY. It just doesnt seem like Marvin's style to let a desease like CD hang around. He is all about guys that want to play here and play for a championship. CD just doesnt fit in. You gotta love guys like CJ. Big ego, backs it up, and is all about the team. Seeya Dillon!! Cant wait till the jersey burnin party :lol:

Jungle Fever--Very Good Point. What if Corey Dillon IS the next Carl Pickens??? Goes off to a team like the Titans and his groin injury never heals???

And then again, what if Corey Dillon is the next Stephen Davis??? There's still gas in that tank, which you guys ARE questioning.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT DILLON AND THE BUNGLES NEED A NEW START. NOW THE BUNGLES' FRONT OFFICE NEED TO DO THEIR PART AND LET HIM GO.

For the Love of GOD--GET AT LEAST SOMETHING FOR THE NIMROD!!! ANY KIND OF DRAFT PICK WOULD WORK.