Dillon for a 7th !!!

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS THAT DILLON AND THE BUNGLES NEED A NEW START.  NOW THE BUNGLES' FRONT OFFICE NEED TO DO THEIR PART AND LET HIM GO.

For the Love of GOD--GET AT LEAST SOMETHING FOR THE NIMROD!!!  ANY KIND OF DRAFT PICK WOULD WORK.

Fact is that Dillon screwed himself and the team with this mouth and then his striptease at the end of the season. He's got everbody so convinced that we'll cut him that nobody wants to give us jack. Not for the first time, I agree with Lewis. Stick to the company line that he's our player to do with as we will, and if that means we expect him to play here next year then he will. If you want to get him trade or we keep him.

After the crap he pulled and the follow up on Best dam whatever, its about the only thing the Bengals organization can do. If we let him walk then all the naysayers will be yelling that we got hosed on the Dillon deal " cause we got nothin for 'im ". Personally I think we need him about as much as a resistant strain of clap and I'd take a bottle of Gator Ade for him .......... a warm one ... it wouldn't even have to be chilled.

But that's just me B)

Wow!!! I can tell you wrote that one before going to bed. :P

Anyway, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. The rest of the NFL is convinced that CD will be cut on June 1st and they can pick him up for nothing. The way Dillon has been acting, Rudi's success last season, Dillon's injuries last season, and the Bengals' rep over the last decade all lead up to the *GM's in the league playing a waiting game. Even waiting until after the draft will be a victory for whoever gets Dillon, at that point they can try for a late round pick next year...a 3rd will be difficult to obtain for this or any draft.

Any team that does land Dillon will be getting a good back. True, he's not the player he was when he racked up 278yds on Denver...but he is still a 1000yd back. I don't like his attitude as of late, but Dillon was my favorite player on the Bengals for a number of years and I'm not willing to just forget what he did for the team. It is history...but its the only positive bit of history the Bengals have had since Mikey took over.

*Note to Mikey: A GM is a General Manager. A person who knows the game of football and is adept at obtaining talented players, through a draft or trades, and at closing deals in order to improve the football team and achieve the goal of reaching the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl. For further info and a prime example see Bill Pollian.

Hey , the way I'm looking at this, is we have $ 7 million dollars of useless cap going towards Kitna and Dillon. While Kitna may be harder to move, there remains the possiblity that Someone will offer a deal for Dillon to keep him from driving up the price if he is released come June 1st which I doubt anyway !.

But I'm hoping that along with yesterday's trade that we could add 1 or 2 more first day picks by trading Dillon , or Kitna and moving down etc..etc..?

* Considering that I thought this year's draft class of corners wasn't that good, I'm actually glad to get 'ONeal. Maybe another corner in the 3rd like Ratliff or Vasher would be ideal.Have to get one of those Safeties though.. Jones,Ware,Schwiegart,and Sanders.

Wow!!! I can tell you wrote that one before going to bed. :P

*Note to Mikey: A GM is a General Manager. A person who knows the game of football and is adept at obtaining talented players, through a draft or trades, and at closing deals in order to improve the football team and achieve the goal of reaching the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl. For further info and a prime example see Bill Pollian.

B) Yeah ............. like I told you, sleep was a rare commodity on this trip.

Even after resting tho, I still think the comparison of Dillon to vd is appropriate. I maybe should have said NSU because its a lot harder to get rid of .......... like Dillon, but everybody seems to have gotten the general idea.

I've said in our converstions before that I think Dillon is a great running back. I still do. Things is tho that if he's just not going to perform for you then he's useless. One of the guys said Dillon had burned too many bridges to ever come back. I'd agree with that but only add that after burning the bridges he took off his pants and pissed on the ashes.

B) Left your explanatin of a GM on the outside chance that someone named Brown will read it and at least look up the words in a dictionary.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally, don't want to see him back but we can't just give him away either. I think we're going to play hardball & hold out for what we want .

Usually,if you play hardball with Al Davis...you lose. :o

After all,the man invented playing hardball. :D

LMAO.We got our second rounder,and you still have a void at RB.

You better hope Fargus and Wheatley can be remotely good.

Sox, I gotta agree with you. The Bungles got rid of Dillon and left a major void at RB.

So will they be DUMB ENOUGH to draft a RB with the 1st pick of the draft???

Draft history with the Bungles sure says so.

Oh yeah, the Bungles did the Patties a favor too. You might as well consider the Patties 3-peaters. Antwain Smith WAS the worst starting RB in the league. Tom Brady no longer has to win games for the Pats.

I think Dillon will find happiness in New England.

I'll also say this--Mike Brown finally pulled off a good one, he landed his 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon. Nice job, Mikey. All this time, I thought you were being boneheaded.

Sox, I gotta agree with you. The Bungles got rid of Dillon and left a major void at RB.

Oh yeah, the Bungles did the Patties a favor too. You might as well consider the Patties 3-peaters. Antwain Smith WAS the worst starting RB in the league. Tom Brady no longer has to win games for the Pats.

I'll also say this--Mike Brown finally pulled off a good one, he landed his 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon. Nice job, Mikey. All this time, I thought you were being boneheaded.

Barbara, come one now, pay attention. Sox was talking about the Raiders have the major void at RB, not the bengals....

History? What history, Marvin is running the BENGALS and has only one draft (that was pretty damn top notch)

giving a team a cancer is never doing anybody a favor...If Corey thought that the turf at PBS sucked, he ain't seen nothing till he plays in NE in late December after a few snow storms and clumps of turf fly out bigger than the football.

You imply that Dillon will win the Pat's games, now, just how many games did Dillon help the Bengals win in the seven years that he was here?

According to ML's press conference yesterday, the answer is probably no. He said that he feels that the RB position is stronger now than last year because he knows what Rudi can do. That statement also includes the fact the Bennett and Corey are now gone.

However he may be blowing smoke on that one because after Rudi, the stable is pretty bare IMO. I don't know what Watson can really do or if Hicks will even make the team. If they keep all of their picks, I could see them taking someone in the second round.

"History? What history, Marvin is running the BENGALS and has only one draft (that was pretty damn top notch)

giving a team a cancer is never doing anybody a favor...If Corey thought that the turf at PBS sucked, he ain't seen nothing till he plays in NE in late December after a few snow storms and clumps of turf fly out bigger than the football.

You imply that Dillon will win the Pat's games, now, just how many games did Dillon help the Bengals win in the seven years that he was here?"

Marvin is running the Bungles??? Man, where is your proof??? I see the same s**t this year that I've seen in the last 13 years that MIKE BROWN HAS RAN THE SHOW. IMO, He's still running the business. Why would you think that he would just hand the keys over to a FIRST-TIME HEAD COACH???

You think that Marv's in control because Marv does all the speaking in press conferences??? Dude, that's a typical MIKE BROWN SMOKESCREEN THAT YOU FELL FOR--SUCKER. It's a marketing ploy. It's to make suckers like you think that Marvin's in control...and when Marvin says "WE MADE THAT MOVE", he's talking about the organization (not him specifically). If you notice, Marvin is covering for his inept owner (see the Warren Sapp Scandal).

Another example is the Free Agents that were signed this year--they're typical Mike Brown signings. They're warm bodies that nobody else wanted. They're all 2nd stringers or players that didn't play last year (see Williams, Webster, O'Neill, and Herring).

If they draft a RB in the 1st round this year, it will be a complete disaster of an offseason.

"Marvin is running the BENGALS and has only one draft (that was pretty damn top notch)"

NO MAN--MIKE BROWN GOT 1 OUT OF 13 RIGHT. Arguably, we STILL DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT WAS, UNLESS CARSON PALMER PANS OUT. If he doesn't, you have the same mediocre drafting that the Brown Family has done in the past. Steiner is the only choice that will pan out. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know about Weathersby.

Then he got another one right by trading Dillon for a 2nd rounder. I think he got lucky--especially when Al Davis told him to go f**k himself.

"If Corey thought that the turf at PBS sucked, he ain't seen nothing till he plays in NE in late December after a few snow storms and clumps of turf fly out bigger than the football."

Kev, give me a break here. The "turf" at PBS was hands down the worst turf in NFL--by a long shot. The "Sandbox" at PBS was the only one of its kind--it was s**tty. Paul Tags must have been calling Mike Brown on a daily basis about it.

"You imply that Dillon will win the Pat's games, now, just how many games did Dillon help the Bengals win in the seven years that he was here?"

Well, that's funny you should ask that. When Drunkowski gave Dillon more than 20 carries, the Bungles had a great record. Corey Dillon gave his heart and soul to this organization and he felt cheated when he came back from injury to find that his job was filled--by a lesser talent.

Now, if the Bungles draft a RB in the 1st round, I can prove that Mike Brown is truly in control.

So, Kevie--why don't we wait until the draft is OVER to see who's really in control. M'kay???

"You imply that Dillon will win the Pat's games, now, just how many games did Dillon help the Bengals win in the seven years that he was here?"

Well, that's funny you should ask that.  When Drunkowski gave Dillon more than 20 carries, the Bungles had a great record.  Corey Dillon gave his heart and soul to this organization and he felt cheated when he came back from injury to find that his job was filled--by a lesser talent.

Now, if the Bungles draft a RB in the 1st round, I can prove that Mike Brown is truly in control.

So, Kevie--why don't we wait until the draft is OVER to see who's really in control.  M'kay???

For every win Cd may have fueled you can name a time when his pansieass quit. If you could shut him down early in the game then he was never a factor late. REMEBER THE BALTIMORE DEBACLE.

Dillon gave no one his heart or soul. I doubt his spouse even has it. CD is a chump that has no concept of team. The only reason he was still a bengal is because they were the only team willing to pay him the MONEY he wanted when the contract was extended.

CD is a disease that has been cured :)

As for mikey blather, I think he has realized what a failure he has been and Katie is making most of the decisions now. And she listens to the coach. :P

Marvin is running the Bungles??? Man, where is your proof??? I see the same s**t this year that I've seen in the last 13 years that MIKE BROWN HAS RAN THE SHOW. IMO, He's still running the business. Why would you think that he would just hand the keys over to a FIRST-TIME HEAD COACH???

NO MAN--MIKE BROWN GOT 1 OUT OF 13 RIGHT. Arguably, we STILL DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT WAS, UNLESS CARSON PALMER PANS OUT. If he doesn't, you have the same mediocre drafting that the Brown Family has done in the past. Steiner is the only choice that will pan out. Unfortunately, we'll probably never know about Weathersby.

Then he got another one right by trading Dillon for a 2nd rounder. I think he got lucky--especially when Al Davis told him to go f**k himself.

Kev, give me a break here. The "turf" at PBS was hands down the worst turf in NFL--by a long shot. The "Sandbox" at PBS was the only one of its kind--it was s**tty. Paul Tags must have been calling Mike Brown on a daily basis about it.

Well, that's funny you should ask that. When Drunkowski gave Dillon more than 20 carries, the Bungles had a great record. Corey Dillon gave his heart and soul to this organization and he felt cheated when he came back from injury to find that his job was filled--by a lesser talent.

So, Kevie--why don't we wait until the draft is OVER to see who's really in control. M'kay???

First, Barbara the Brownie, learn to use the quote feature of the forum, it's there for a reason.

Of course Mike was willing to hand the keys to the team to a first year coach, cause he finally got sick of losing, got sick of his team being the laughing stock of the nation, got sick of seeing his fathers legacy (who happens to be one of the greatest football coachs ever) pissed on, he finally realized that he was about to hand down to his daughter a lump of s**t if he didn't do something about it.

As for the draft, I'd say Mike got 1 right in 2k1 so that's 1 out of 12, and Marvin is 1 for 1. Don't forget Marvin added people to the scouting department when he got here. only Steinbach panning out? Don't tell our starting fullback he didn't pan out, don't tell Kelley Washington he didn't pan out when if nothing else he pushed Peter Warrick to have his best year ever. Plus you have players like Khalid Abdullah, Scott Kooistra that have a real chance to develop into quality players. And unlike previous QB's drafted by the team, Carson Palmer was not a reach, he was the player to pick.

I think the f'n themselves would have been Mike telling Al that...Luck had nothing to do with it. The team knew what Dillon was worth and they got what they wanted. It's called playing hardball, and it worked.

The turf at PBS sucked, I mean it sucked huge ass. But the NFL never made them change it in the middle of a season, they made the pats change it last year cause Gillette got so bad.

The Brat not using corey...Well Corey was here long before brat, but not a lot of wins then.

What does drafting a RB in the first prove? It depends on who's available...If all the top d-linemen,linebackers, or corners are gone at 24 and say a player like Kevin Jones is there, why not? But then the thing to do is trade down to where the next group of d players should fall and pick up extra picks...But that's neither here nor their cause the team won't draft a RB in the first round, they have a top notch running back who needs the ball often, and thankfully the team tried that 2 back bs last year and it didn't work so I expect them to skip that idea.

What till after the draft? Dude take your own advice.