Who do you root for?

San Antonio Bengal

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you root for your conference in games where your team doesn't have a stake in the outcome?

• Yes, the other teams winning makes my team look better
    • Yes, it's easier to root for a team I know than one on the other side of the country
    • No, are you kidding me? There's no way you could get me to root for another conference team
    • Maybe, I'll root for some conference teams but not others
    • I could care less

When it comes to any other sport than football, I really don't care and will root for whoever, whenever and not think twice. Now, when it comes to football, that's another story. Years ago, I would always root for the AFC Central team if the Bengals were out of it. Nowadays, you won't catch me rooting for the Steelers or the Ravens. I would have a hard time rooting for the Browns, but at least they are from Ohio...

WHODEY !!!

For football, there is absolutely no way on this earth that I'd root for Cleveland, Baltimore or Pittsburgh. However, unless I have a particular grievance with the representative, I will root for the other AFC teams in the Superbowl. And I think I could probably say the same thing about other pro sports where you have those big interdivision rivalries. However, college is different. There are so many teams out there and with the constant flux of players going in and out there's really not that many heated rivalries compared to the number of teams. And in the college has things like the ACC-Big Ten Challenge and in college bowl games, many are the traditional represenative from this conference vs the representative from that conference. So, not only are the teams competing, but the conferences are being compared as well. Anyways...

For football, there is absolutely no way on this earth that I'd root for Cleveland, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

I could root for Cleveland. Hell, I used to root for Cleveland before the Bengals were born in '69! Baltimore...maybe. Pittsburgh? No way on Gods green earth. I find eating a turd more inviting than cheering for those bastards! :angry:

See I have ingrained alliances from childhood, in cases that don't matter personally, I usually root for the underdog

If UC plays OSU in basketball, I root for UC :wacko:

If UC plays OSU in football, I root for OSU :wacko:

I'l never, ever root for UK, and will only ever root for Duke if their playing UK.

If Cleveland and Pitt is playing, I'm rooting for both teams to lose :lol:

I almost never root for the Niners, too.

I hate Philly, Dallas, DC for no good reason

I hate the Yankees, and since they won the World Series I hate the Red Sox, just cause their consantly shove down my throat on TV.

I'll also never root for Michigan.

Mainly, if your fan base has a bad reputation that I'm aware of or have experienced (like UK, Philly, Cleveland) I'll root against ya just to see a**h***s lose. :D

Basically, I could go on and on

See I have ingrained alliances from childhood, in cases that don't matter personally, I usually root for the underdog

If UC plays OSU in basketball, I root for UC :wacko:

If UC plays OSU in football, I root for OSU :wacko:

I'l never, ever root for UK, and will only ever root for Duke if their playing UK.

If Cleveland and Pitt is playing, I'm rooting for both teams to lose :lol:

I almost never root for the Niners, too.

I hate Philly, Dallas, DC for no good reason

I hate the Yankees, and since they won the World Series I hate the Red Sox, just cause their consantly shove down my throat on TV.

I'll also never root for Michigan.

Mainly, if your fan base has a bad reputation that I'm aware of or have experienced (like UK, Philly, Cleveland) I'll root against ya just to see a**h***s lose. :D

Basically, I could go on and on

Good thing nobody wants to here you go on and on... :P

As far as basketball, now that UK is out, I'll be pulling for the Bayou Bengals, LSU. F*** Florida, I'll choke before I root for those a**holes.

Oh and f*ck Duke too. I was laughing my arse off this week when they went down.