AFC North Standings

bengalsrz

I think we'll have a tied record with either Balt or Pitt, but we will win the division.

I think this:

Bengals: because I am truly thinking that this is the year the D steps up

Steelers: Ben is going to do well, but the Steelers as a team will come down to earth

Ravens: Boller just doesn't have it, Ray is getting old and they have been either 1 or 2 for too long

Browns: Poor guys are rebuilding after Butch pulled a Dave Shula on them. Will be a few years before they will be back in the race. They will not have to deal with 14 years of crap like we did tho.

I completely disagree. This team is on the road to nowhere. Right now I think that they are well on their way. They can't find a good quarterback, and right now every draft pick that seems to look good in the beginning ends up being mediocre. They are starting to look exactly like we did at the beginning of ou run. I understand that Romeo Crennel is a great coach, but I have a feeling that since they have no talent, they will have a difficult time in the beginning and after a few years he will get run out of town. If they do that though, then we all know that the Browns are retarded.

Steelers - They won't come close to 15-1 again, but they probably won't have to.

Bengals - I give 'em a punchers chance to win the division title outright, and a very good chance to win a wild-card berth.

Ravens - They're usually better than I think they'll be. Good thing for them because I still think they suck.

Browns - Romeo just told the locals it'll take years to fix the mess. Life is good.

Second place would be my guess. The Ravens will be close but I think the Bengals will finish ahead of them. Defense & running game will give the Steelers the division title, but they'll loose at least four this year.

11-5 Steelers

10-6 Bengals

8-8 Ravens

3-13 Browns

I've been wrong before, though. :lol:

I get the feeling the Bengals will be a team fueled by early confidence and a great start like Pitt last year and will either have a 11-5 or 13-3 record, or will again be around .500 like the last two years if injuries occur etc..., and they get off to a slow start again because of all the youth on the team.

I can say teams are going to have one hell of a time winning at PBS - every game will be sold-out with hungry Bengals' fans making deafening noise like they did on Monday Night last year and the players will feed off of that.

It's all about team confidence and going into every game expecting to win instead of hoping - when a team gets to that systematic point then all of a sudden you become a Pitt or a Baltimore every season.

i don't think the bengals will play second to anybody. we can win this division.

bengals 11-5 very talented offense good coaches and a up and coming defense

ravens 10-6 kyle boller is a scrub

steelers 9-7 got lucky last year will surprise no one this season

browns 4-12 new qb new coaches they will struggle

The Bengals Ravens and Steelers will be neck and neck all season long, but I have a feeling Baltimore edges it out on top. The Browns of course are in a rebuilding stage and will finish in last this season, but on the other hand they will develop key players such as Braylon Edwards and Charlie Frye.

Not that I really think I have any ability to judge how the division is going to play out (who would have thought the Steelers would have gone 15-1 with a rookie QB?), just for the fun of it, I'll put my opinion out there.

I think Boller is a bust. He will have a short leash and quickly be yanked in favor of the more talented Anthony Wright, (or say, Matt Stover or the team mascot). They will be improved, but I don't know if their record will improve much. 9-7, 10-6 sounds about right.

I just can't believe that the Steelers will be as good as last year. It had to be a fluke, right? I've seen way too many one year wonders, and even more fast and unexplained falls from grace. Too many superbowl champs, missing the playoffs the next year. I'd say 11-5 is fair. 12-4 sounds generous, and 10-6 maybe a bit too much wishful thinking.

I've said before that 10-6 is a fair pick for the Bengals. 11 wins seems a tad bit homeristic for a team yet to crack 8 wins, and a mere 9 wins sounds a bit pessimistic for a Bengals fan, so 10 wins it is.

All that to say, I voted for the Bengals to finish 2nd. Not because I believe any other team is better, but because there are 3 teams with very similar expectations. I can't possibly guess who will finish first, but my guess is it will be one of the other teams (the odds say its 2 out of 3 chance), but the Bengals can squeak into the playoffs with the wildcard.

Hey one of these pretty dang good teams is going to finish 3rd. Better not be us. As for the other guys, it would seem like kind of a shame, except... I hate those guys.

I think the Bengals and Ravens could end up with identical records with the tie breaker being the division record. Due to the scheduling, past trends, and general intuition I think the Ravens would have a better division record even though we'll split the regular season. I think we're a deeper team in general. Their D is still going to be good and Boller will have no more excuses with a healthy Heap and more weapons at WR. Pittsburgh will hopefully get a healthy helping of humble pie so I can take trips back to Columbus and not have to listen to their obnoxious fans. The Browns will suck, but might still manage to split the season series which will continue to piss me off. Hopefully Dilfer doesn't know the O by the opener and their lines both fall apart like overcooked chicken.

1-(Tie)Ravens

2-(Tie)Bengals

3-Steelers

4-Browns

Steelers: 11-5 coming down to earth but still top the division

Baltimore:10-6 a team on the wane

Cincy: 10-6 divsional record and run-D needs to improve

Browns: 0-16

It's too early to predict. I like to do it after the pre-season but...

Steelers 10-6

Bengals 10-6

Ravens 9-7

Browns 6-10

The preseason always brings injuries and changes things a bit. More often than not, the most conditioned teams BEFORE the pre-season are the ones that escape the most injuries...broken bones aside.

HOMERS!!!!

How in the world can an OBJECTIVE fan pick the Bengals

over the Steelers? Come on, they were 15-1 last year!!!

I think our defense will slowly begin to show signs of

life, but it is unreasonable to think that Pollack and

Thurman can turn this squad around. True, Bryan

Robinson should help and Geathers/Williams turned

in good freshman years, but there are still too many

questions about the D.

I say Pitts 12-4, Cincy 10-6, Balt 9-7, Cleve 5-11.

For me Balt is the big question...I know they added

some WR help, but Ray Ray isn't the Player he used

to be and Boller Sucks...

• 5 months later...
Steelers - They won't come close to 15-1 again, but they probably won't have to.

Bengals - I give 'em a punchers chance to win the division title outright, and a very good chance to win a wild-card berth.

Ravens - They're usually better than I think they'll be. Good thing for them because I still think they suck.

Browns - Romeo just told the locals it'll take years to fix the mess. Life is good.

I'm bumping it. And just for the record, in another thread I predicted the Bengals would likely finish 10-6 this season.

It was a great season. For those that don't think so answer this question. When was the last time every Bengal game meant something?